[2.6] The Curse Whisperer - Tri-Curse CI Whispering Ice EleRaider - Viable for Everything

edit: scratch that.....
Last edited by fatb0y3 on May 13, 2017, 9:07:42 PM
Hi there,

just wanted to thank you for this great build. And when finally I thought, there is my bosskiller, GGG is going to nerf ES based leech characters - sad :(.
However, since GGG has extended the league, I am keen to kill the shaper for the first time in my history with POE and your guide is helping me a lot with it!

Just two quick questions, if I may:

1. In your guide, the "finished"-char link is named "Level 91", but for the life of me, I cannot figure out, why I should arrive at the last jewel slot with level 92. Did I miss something? My char profile (Heisskalt) is open, so maybe you could take a look where that missing point went?

Edit: I just realised that I put the ascendancy points wrongly. But now I am missing out on three (!) skill points. Did the tree change from 123 to 121 available points?

Edit 2: Nevermind, found it.

2. Following question number one, I found this jewel yesterday (can't figure out how to post items, so I just write down the mods):

12% increased spell damage
14% increased spell damage while wielding a staff
15 to intelligence
16% increased fire damage

If I read your guide correctly, I can add up int and spell damage and if it's higher than 50, then it's better than an Izaro's turmoil. Is it?

Thanks a lot again for your guide. My gems will shortly be 20, so I can quality them and level again. When that's done, it's shaper time!
Last edited by Tefson1366 on May 18, 2017, 6:53:14 AM
"
Tefson1366 wrote:
I found this jewel yesterday (can't figure out how to post items, so I just write down the mods):

12% increased spell damage
14% increased spell damage while wielding a staff
15 to intelligence
16% increased fire damage

If I read your guide correctly, I can add up int and spell damage and if it's higher than 50, then it's better than an Izaro's turmoil. Is it?

Almost a perfect jewel! 57 value, and 15 of it from Int, so yes, it's much better than Izaro. Grats!

As to the ES nerfs, we will be considering alternatives, most likely the build will switch from CI to Life/MoM. Keep an eye on the Witch and Marauder threads as the first solutions are going to be there. I hope GGG throws Scion a bone in 3.0, this class needs a buff. We'll see what happens closer to the 3.0 release date.
First of all, wanted to say thank you to the build creator. This build for scion is everything I wanted at the moment (wanted to play a scion, a caster, and beat end game). I am not even too worried about the es changes (even if they go live as is), since this build, IMHO, is rather balanced, uses several defence mechanics, and can be used to play safe and kill everyone from range. Sure, no more facetanking (for the es version), but it definitely won't be unusable.

My only problem so far is that, due the build being visually intensive, I get instance crashes. Me and my friend couldn't clean hall of grandmasters together because of instance crashing (had to do it alone), and now I just can't kill shaper. Shaper crashes with all portals gone everytime during phase 3 when he spawns adds. My question to other people who use this build (or the creator if he still checks the topic), is whether it is a common issue, or something is horribly wrong on my end?
Last edited by MECHanokl on May 20, 2017, 7:27:55 AM
"
MECHanokl wrote:
First of all, wanted to say thank you to the build creator. This build for scion is everything I wanted at the moment (wanted to play a scion, a caster, and beat end game). I am not even too worried about the es changes (even if they go live as is), since this build, IMHO, is rather balanced, uses several defence mechanics, and can be used to play safe and kill everyone from range. Sure, no more facetanking (for the es version), but it definitely won't be unusable.

Actually, I hope to preserve the playstyle, including facetanking, with only minor adjustments. Maybe we just won't facetank 1-shot attacks anymore.

"
My only problem so far is that, due the build being visually intensive, I get instance crashes. Me and my friend couldn't clean hall of grandmasters together because of instance crashing (had to do it alone), and now I just can't kill shaper. Shaper crashes with all portals gone everytime during phase 3 when he spawns adds. My question to other people who use this build (or the creator if he still checks the topic), is whether it is a common issue, or something is horribly wrong on my end?

GGG gets automated crash reports, and it never hurts to report crashes in the Bugs forum too. Being 'visually intensive' wouldn't have anything to do with instance crashes (i.e. when all portals disappear) - that happens on the server side.

HoGM is known for being buggy and crashy, especially after they make changes to the Grandmasters there, I wouldn't worry about that. It usually gets fixed pretty quickly too.

But the Shaper crashing - that's new. I don't think I've ever had that instance crash on me, solo or with a party. If it's just a client crash (i.e. you get disconnected but the portals are still up and you can re-enter) then something is wrong with your client. If the portals are gone then it's an instance crash and GGG should be already looking into it.
"
Kelvynn wrote:

But the Shaper crashing - that's new. I don't think I've ever had that instance crash on me, solo or with a party. If it's just a client crash (i.e. you get disconnected but the portals are still up and you can re-enter) then something is wrong with your client. If the portals are gone then it's an instance crash and GGG should be already looking into it.

Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately, the shaper does crash VERY consistently on me (happened EVERY time I reached phase 3), with all portals disappearing. I have finally managed to kill him, but the instance crashed right after the kill (did not even see the loot). I got the achievment, but not atlas completion for it... Maybe it is my gateway? I am honestly lost at this point, but at least it is good to hear that this terrible issue does not plague other WI players.
Looks like there is something wrong with the Shaper instances on that particular gateway. Report it to GGG and ask them to investigate.

And they just announced significant buffs to Ascendant. This class really needed help. There are some interesting options now worth considering. I guess we'll see where the ES nerf goes and then decide what fits the best.
"
Kelvynn wrote:
Looks like there is something wrong with the Shaper instances on that particular gateway. Report it to GGG and ask them to investigate.

And they just announced significant buffs to Ascendant. This class really needed help. There are some interesting options now worth considering. I guess we'll see where the ES nerf goes and then decide what fits the best.

Oh I did. Made a post in technical support with my winmtr report attached, wrote to the support directly. Hopefully they will investigate it (most likely not though).
I have an elementalist version of the build which I am levling slowly. Just wanted to ask, with the nerf to vp, and the Asscendant getting buffed, do you think elementalist-zerker sciion would actually be better than the other iterations of the build?
"
I have an elementalist version of the build which I am levling slowly. Just wanted to ask, with the nerf to vp, and the Asscendant getting buffed, do you think elementalist-zerker sciion would actually be better than the other iterations of the build?

Don't know yet. The nerf to VP means we can't rely on ES anymore (I'm not considering radically changing the play style from facetanking to dodging, totems, traps, etc). For a Life-based version there is currently not enough Life available for the Scion to be worth it. But there will be more Life on gear in 3.0, and hopefully some good tree changes. We'll see. Right now I'm planning on starting with a Berserker (there is already a viable test version in the Marauder thread), and then we'll see about the other classes.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info