[2.6] The Curse Whisperer - Tri-Curse CI Whispering Ice EleRaider - Viable for Everything

del
Last edited by Mikes_Mekazukatoto on Mar 20, 2017, 4:46:29 PM
"
Nadiblob wrote:
"
The legacy Pyre with 100% conversion lets you drop Avatar of Fire for 2 skill points, use a higher DPS gem

Does this thing exist though? I can't seem to find it anywhere -.-

It only exists in Standard now.

"
Pjey wrote:
Im starting this build, like what class Is actually the best to run with witch, scion, templar or maruader?

There is no best, they are all different flavors with their own advantages. See Q&A.

"
cthreatt wrote:
Hey, having a lot of fun with the build. Just wondering if the order of the gems in the body 5L matter or not(I don't 100% understand gem order yet so I want to know for sure) and how you are changing flasks to incorporate wise oak. I was thinking of dropping one of the quicksilver flasks since I want to keep a flask for anti-shock (that's what my basalt does).

The order of gems in the 5L doesn't matter.

I didn't change my regular mapping flask set. I use the Wise Oak just for endgame bosses. It's not needed for trash clearing.

I'm going to update the Scion guide similarly to the Elementalist, fix anything that got broken in the patch, and probably improve the leveling guide too.

"
atarekaze wrote:
Hey quick question though it may have been asked before(not reading the whole thing). But, what about using Eye of Chayula before unwavering stance?

This allows you no stun, and we ignore the 20%reduction because...1HP.

Edit: Another question, what about respeccing from Sentinel -> Exceptional Performance to Shaper -> Potency of Will? This gives us +15 int mainly, and our resistances SHOULD be capped late game.

Chayula? The massive loss of stats (mainly Int) will ruin you. There is no need for stun immunity until you level high enough to get Unwavering Stance. You don't do the endgame before the build is complete.

I don't know what you mean about changing the tree. How are you going to get Unwavering Stance without Sentinel?
Last edited by Kelvynn on Mar 20, 2017, 5:25:58 PM
Hi again,

i'm level 89 and around 1500 intell.
When i see your stats after 1 month, you have around 11k damages per use and wheh I see mine, I see 4k (in my hideout)

Is it normal this large difference or I miss something ?

I know I need few more things (mostly gem quality and uber ascendency and int on the belt), but they seems few in front of the big steps between our stats.

Thank you for your feedback
Last edited by tracker2013 on Mar 24, 2017, 2:22:22 AM

Well..what about we taking something from the templar ascendancy instead? There is a +20% elemental damage + totem and power charge thing( just plant a single flame totem).

If not that, then the 10% of mana to ES thing. As int increases out mana , this further boosts our ES(Defensively).

Another thing I did, was go down to Unwavering Stance at the levelling period, delaying my CI to 45. I also levelled using SRS, so no need for the lightning nodes. This did the following
1) Give me stun immunity in act 3 cruel(cause its a bitch in merciless)
2) Give me some life during levelling( cause strength)
3) Allow me to wield Whispering Ice WITHOUT a str amulet(Cause 4 nodes left over = 65 str)
4) Allow for a level 2 in the str skills right from scratch

Note: I used ONE brute force solution not 2(Cause adding a brute force for 1 node makes no sense, cant we just use a better jewel like Izaro's?)

Also, why dont we go for second curse(Whispers of Doom) before going for Avatar of Fire because
1) Enfeeble helps a LOT to survive.
2) We probably won't have cold to fire by then, loosing some dmg.

Note 2: I play in HC only, so all my priorities go towards surviving, increasing the amt of ES, weakening enemies ASAP etc. These above points may be useless for SC, where a death in normal/cruel does not mean as much as HC.

Question : What should the amount of str do I need to gather? Because the damn str requirement for stuff like immortal call and CWDT is killing me.
So I'm about to hit 70 and I can start upgrading my gear. If you take a look EKBlows on my profile you can see what I have. My question is should I always sacrifice that 50+ ish es on a piece of gear for that extra 40+ INT? Will that really boost my es more than the actual stat?
"
So I'm about to hit 70 and I can start upgrading my gear. If you take a look EKBlows on my profile you can see what I have. My question is should I always sacrifice that 50+ ish es on a piece of gear for that extra 40+ INT? Will that really boost my es more than the actual stat?

It's not always about just the ES though. There are a couple of reasons to always pick INT over ES.
1) 10 INT = 13.1 INT on your build due to WI and the helmet.
2) INT increases ES on a percentage and not a flat value. This is a good thing if you get a nice body armour with 600-700+ ES
3) INT increases your damage due to WI, which means you leech more, thus your ES regens faster
And something I may have missed.

It's kinda hard, but find a good number of ES/int that makes ES better. I usually choose INT unless the ES overwhelms the INT by a factor of 75+ ES, while the INT change is small (15-20).

Edit: My bad about the amount of INT shown on character page. It does not count the increased int from gear so removing comment.
Last edited by atarekaze on Mar 24, 2017, 11:57:20 PM
I think an update is needed for the leveling tree =)
Fun build. Thanks for the guide. I usually do my own builds but since my build failed this league im following this more or less so i can do them challenges.
Anyway...

Couple questions. Why not 4 or 5 curses?
Im thinking about using windscream and adding flammability to 6L chest armour.
Seems foolish to waste such a good dps boost. And you would not lose too much int since perandus signet would give 2%. Also it has ele dmg and resi so all you really would lose is 10-15% run speed and small amout of ES while gaining significant dps boost.
It could also be a manual cast for only those bosses who have big life pools and no reflect. Then the sixth link in chest armour could be blind to add some survivability.

Ideally i would like to corrupt astramentis to provide 1 additional curse but seems too expensive. But if you could do that then doedres scorn might become possibility with 5-6 curses? Have you done calculations about this?

Also a little tip to anyone whos playing this build. I have noticed that corrupting one of your rings with "3-6% damage taken gained as mana" is pretty nice if you manage to run out of mana in "no regen" map.

Last edited by Laskinaama on Mar 27, 2017, 3:07:48 AM
How's Elemental equilibrium VS Avatar of Fire? Now that the build contains intrinsically fire/ice and orb of storms as lightning. EE could potentially provide -75% to all mobs resistence.
"
tracker2013 wrote:
Hi again,

i'm level 89 and around 1500 intell.
When i see your stats after 1 month, you have around 11k damages per use and wheh I see mine, I see 4k (in my hideout)

Is it normal this large difference or I miss something ?

I know I need few more things (mostly gem quality and uber ascendency and int on the belt), but they seems few in front of the big steps between our stats.

Thank you for your feedback

11k is in combat with everything on (it says exactly what). But in h/o it's still 7k. If you have only 4k with 1500 Int then something is definitely missing. Check the gems, the tree, get the Ascendancy done.

"
atarekaze wrote:
Well..what about we taking something from the templar ascendancy instead? There is a +20% elemental damage + totem and power charge thing( just plant a single flame totem).

Instead of what? Power charges are completely irrelevant for this build (we use EO). 20% increased damage is nowhere near 12% MORE (Raider) or the stuff that you get from Elementalist. Flame totem would do pretty much nothing.

"
atarekaze wrote:
Also, why dont we go for second curse(Whispers of Doom) before going for Avatar of Fire because
1) Enfeeble helps a LOT to survive.
2) We probably won't have cold to fire by then, loosing some dmg.

You get Enfeeble from Doedre's Damning. Whispers of Doom gives you the 3rd curse (TC). Damage from Avatar of Fire gives you more survivability as leech (plus reflect protection with AA). You are supposed to be using Cold To Fire by then. If you still do only cold damage then your survivability suffers a lot more.

"
atarekaze wrote:
Question : What should the amount of str do I need to gather? Because the damn str requirement for stuff like immortal call and CWDT is killing me.

You need 59 Str. If you don't have Astramentis or a lot of Str from a rare amulet/belt then you just don't use high level CWDT-IC.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Mar 27, 2017, 6:25:21 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info