[2.6] The Curse Whisperer - Tri-Curse CI Whispering Ice EleRaider - Viable for Everything

"
byakuya77 wrote:
Yes, but concentrated effect gives icestorm more dmg than controlled destruction. I don't really have a way to measure dps so I can't say which is better since everything seems to die pretty fast anyways but it seems about the same or concentrated effect having a slight edge.

Oh, I completely misunderstood what you were aiming for, or maybe I even misread something earlier. If I'm not totally wrong then SR is not mainly used to deal damage, but rather to apply the fire debuff. Concentrated effect is strictly and notably better for icestorm than controlled destruction, if you don't mind the smaller AoE size. Of course at some point you deal so much damage that you can sacrifice dps for convenience (in particular for lower level maps or so), but if you are looking for high end optimization, I'm pretty sure concentrated effect is the clear winner.
question what if use controled destruction instead of life leach for more dmg and to get life leach from the warlords mark only.....it will be viable?
"
Ikariam wrote:
question what if use controled destruction instead of life leach for more dmg and to get life leach from the warlords mark only.....it will be viable?

Not reliable enough. Reflect and curse immunity are potential weaknesses of the build and are compensated by the high amount of leech. If you take that away you can easily die in those cases.
if you 5 or 6 link your whispering ice and have an empower to use in the 6th link, scorching ray does a boatload of damage even with the gems geared towards icestorm. I've been melting trash with the ray.

for some reason i went scion though and even at lvl 92 with 9.5kes and lvl 20/20 or better skill gems i struggle with chimera. was about to re-roll inquis version and decided to go HOWA instead since i have found a lot of great gear for that build.

I did SR - CWC - Ele Focus - fire pen - life leech - empower in the 6 link and i have a 5 link 6 socket on swap with the same setup but a blue socket as the floater for item rarity/conc effect

"
Cydcor wrote:
if you 5 or 6 link your whispering ice and have an empower to use in the 6th link, scorching ray does a boatload of damage even with the gems geared towards icestorm. I've been melting trash with the ray.

Seems an odd choice, because empower only affects scorching ray in that case. I'm not really sure why you would prefer that one. The whole character is build around icestorm, so I'd rather put in a support gem that helps there. In particular with the gem combo "SR - CWC - Ele Focus - fire pen - life leech - empower" you are missing out on concentrated effect, which is almost 60% more damage (multiplicative!). The few huge multipliers that you can get are your best friend, use them.
One of the best if not the best build i played up till now (and i play since the release of Domination league back in 2013). This build is the first one i play which allows me to do all content without too much stress , of course with proper gear investment . For this many thanks to OP who made such a build and with such a great and detailed guide !

I started this build on Scion with Elementalist + Raider Ascendancy (self casted) then i changed to Elementalist + Juggernaut , dropped the Unwavering Stance and change self cast WI to CwC + Scorching Ray

Dropped 1 Legacy Perandus ring (out of 2x Legacy Perandus rings used with Astramentis +1 curses) + AoF + CtF gem in favor of Pyre ring

My stats with Pyre+CwC+Scorching Ray are the following at level 96 :

Defences :
Spoiler

Tooltip in Hideout with Fire Golem :
Spoiler

Tooltip with Golem and Elemental Overload :
Spoiler

Current passive skill tree at level 96 :

And the gear:
Spoiler

Made some tests with keeping 2x Perandus rings + AoF + CtF gem but dropping Fire Penetration gem in favor of CtF gem needed to run with 2x Perandus. DPS tool tip in this combo was 13641.5 in hideout with just the golem and 19062.5 with golem and EO . Also ES went up from 12009 to 12644 thanks to second Perandus ring

I ran some end game maps (T15-T16) and few Shaper runs with these 2 variants and cant say which is better. Maybe someone with more experience regarding calculations can enlighten me if is worth to drop Fire penetration gem in favor of CtF gem , and switch back to 2x legacy Perandus + AoF . For end game content (especially T16 Bosses + Shaper) does 39% Fire Penetration (changed with CtF gem) worth way more than 6k tooltip DPS (with golem and EO) lost when switching to Pyre ?

Thank you !

Last edited by lilianmarius on Jan 14, 2017, 8:16:27 PM
In your video about scion i have seen how before fight with minotaur you do some machinations
I understood them
But what you can say about other guardians?
And how to kill uul netol
The timer is out before i come to him
"
xplutox wrote:
This build can do hall of grandmasters? And if yes, its will be easy or hard?

I've done HoGM on every class version of this build. Prior to 2.4 it was piss easy: here's an old video from 2.2. The only problematic adversary back then was mull_gubben (max block build) but he wasn't that bad either and died after a random 10-30 sec.

In 2.4 that map got a major upgrade. It got moved 5 tiers up, all damage was increased, and many Grandmasters were updated to their more recent versions with Ascendancy. Now the overall strategy is still the same, except that after spamming a bunch of Icestorms you leap forward, not backwards, get right into the thick of them and kill them all there while taking full advantage of your aura and curses. Bring some anti-curse and anti-burn flasks, Chemist's Sulphur type, 15/60 charges.

There are 3 notable adversaries:

1. DanziGGG: a very strong bow build. Engaging in a 1-on-1 duel with him is very rippy. He needs to die quickly with the rest of his wave. Pre-casting a ton of Icestorms with SR-CwC usually does the trick.

2. QBot_UDyness: insane amount of ES and regen. And it's located at the very end of one of the halls, so pre-stacking Icestorm doesn't really work there. Just need to be careful, fish out and eliminate the other Grandmasters - the standard procedure for the end of each hall. Manually cast the golem and 'fish' by casting Icestorm far ahead of you: the golem goes there and lures them out. Once you have just QBot, it's easy enough to keep the DPS on him to overcome his regen while dodging his counter-attack (Firestorm).

3. mull_gubben: now this is the problem. Builds like this is why I don't play PvP. It's rock-paper-scissors. There is always a way to beat them but then it's not good against others who were easy with the main strategy. This guy has max block and/or max dodge and a counter-attack based on CWDT-LW. He has at least 75% (probably more) chance of not getting hit by Icestorm and he teleports on you very quickly and kills you while you are unable to leech from him (because you aren't hitting him). Basically, killing him is a random chance. If you get lucky and land Icestorm on him - he dies, but that usually takes a few tries.

However, he has no defense against damage over time and can be easily killed with Scorching Ray, Vortex or anything else that does damage without hitting. For this build the easiest way to do that would be swapping CwC with another DPS gem to support SR.

The problem is that you have to know exactly when you are going to encounter mull_gubben and prepare for that wave. I never bothered to try and memorize which wave in which hall he is in. I usually just blow through every hall with the standard strat and when I see mull_gubben survive I just try to run away as fast as I can, then switch and try to kill him. He's a real PITA for this build even with SR because you still need to survive his regular attacks. Expect some deaths, unless you get lucky and never encounter him (there are 4 wings chosen at random, from a total of 8).
Last edited by Kelvynn on Jan 16, 2017, 2:51:50 PM
"
Cydcor wrote:

for some reason i went scion though and even at lvl 92 with 9.5kes and lvl 20/20 or better skill gems i struggle with chimera. was about to re-roll inquis version and decided to go HOWA instead since i have found a lot of great gear for that build.

I did SR - CWC - Ele Focus - fire pen - life leech - empower in the 6 link and i have a 5 link 6 socket on swap with the same setup but a blue socket as the floater for item rarity/conc effect

This is an Icestorm build, not SR. Empower buffs SR somewhat but you lose a shitload DPS on Icestorm (CE = 60% MORE modifier!). SR's damage is only a small fraction of Icestorm's. It's a really bad choice.

If you struggle with Chimera, read the Boss Guide. You need special flasks for the fog phase.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info