[2.6] The Curse Whisperer - Tri-Curse CI Whispering Ice EleRaider - Viable for Everything

"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
"
Kelvynn wrote:

3. Same as above. My most expensive item cost 4 ex. And I beat Twin Core with this gear. You most certainly don't need Skyforth. But if you happen to have one, you can replace Unwavering Stance with something else like Primal Spirit and/or more sockets. There isn't really anything big to get. Also, with Skyforth you will need to get resists from somewhere else.

When someone uses Skyforth, I think they could get the 2 Jewelsockets on the top left/right side of the Witch area alongside one of the +30STR/DEX nodes combined with Bruteforce Solution/Fertile Mind.

(Averages at 13,5 INT and 2% Mana or Elemental damage per node plus the additional % from your Rings)

We checked those out when Baalorlord got Skyforth. Turned out that Primal Spirit gave more than the socket near Might. Of course, Primal Spirit costs more nodes, but thos sockets cost 4 nodes each too.

And he had to use 4-mod jewels with resistances, in addition to helping Kraityn.

Basically, with Skyforth one budget increase leads to another budget increase, resulting in a totally unnecessary overkill. You achieve the same result, but at a much higher cost.

JEEZ... Primal Spirit looks really good with the conversion jewels now that I think about it. I never thought about picking it up. Gotta skill away one of these Jewels for it. Thanks for that!!!

Is there maybe anything similiar to skill the other Jewel also away, which I might have overlooked? Or any slots which get worthy if you have Skyforth? I don't walk the way to Unwavering, So I have points left.
"
JEEZ... Primal Spirit looks really good with the conversion jewels now that I think about it. I never thought about picking it up. Gotta skill away one of these Jewels for it. Thanks for that!!!

Is there maybe anything similiar to skill the other Jewel also away, which I might have overlooked? Or any slots which get worthy if you have Skyforth? I don't walk the way to Unwavering, So I have points left.

Primal Spirit is the biggest thing that you can get with Skyforth. The rest are smaller and pretty similar in value: Trickery (it used to be better but was slightly nerfed in 2.2), Thief's Craft, the two sockets at the edges of the Witch space with +30 Str/Dex nodes to convert, or just more ES (Foresight, nodes near the Witch start).
"
Black_Gun wrote:

btw if your res are that good, you might want to remove the crafted res on chest and gloves and replace it with crafted int. ;)

Sadly, my resistances are fine tuned to get to the 75% cap, if I manage to get better boots/helmet/armor/hands I'll definitely try to squeeze in some int there, but for now it is what it is xD

Also, I keep on forgetting to reroll that ES % on the boots, thanks for the reminder xD
Video update:

- Roflstomped T14 and T15 twinned maps with random mods in 2.2.

"
Palaryel wrote:

Sadly, my resistances are fine tuned to get to the 75% cap, if I manage to get better boots/helmet/armor/hands I'll definitely try to squeeze in some int there, but for now it is what it is xD

Also, I keep on forgetting to reroll that ES % on the boots, thanks for the reminder xD

You don't actually need all 75% resists with this build. It's more of a habit than necessity. You can do -maxres and Ele Weakness without even noticing the difference.

4 of the 5 T14-15 maps above rolled Ele Weakness with double boss, the 5th rolled -maxres. They also rolled extra ele damage. And... it didn't matter at all.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Mar 29, 2016, 4:20:31 AM
"
Kelvynn wrote:
Video update:

- Roflstomped T14 and T15 twinned maps with random mods in 2.2.

"
Palaryel wrote:

You don't actually need all 75% resists with this build. It's more of a habit than necessity. You can do -maxres and Ele Weakness without even noticing the difference.

4 of the 5 T14-15 maps above rolled Ele Weakness with double boss, the 5th rolled -maxres. They also rolled extra ele damage. And... it didn't matter at all.

Actually, I can confirm what you say is true, the max res is more of a habbit than a must. Usually, after rolling a map I do the following check: 1. Blood Magic? Yes - reroll; 2. Ele Reflect? Yes - be careful; Temp Chains? Yes - be annoyed and probably reroll; Anything else? Do it!

Im really, really surprised by the effectiveness of this build, I did play a 100% chaos self cast incinerate before which had plenty leech but this seems a lot more effective since it can cover what amounts to 2 screens without moving from the spot.
Thanks for this fantastic build man for both vaal and you I read bought and learnt from both a lot.

Right now on level 79 and did 140quality twin boss wasteland, which is an accompolishment for a noob like me :) below my gear any recomm. will be highly appraciated.

nice vids!
and ofc epic map drops, as always...

when it comes to maxres, we have to keep in mind that this build is almost always at max endurance charges... that alone offsets 12% allres... im playing with only 67 cold res and actually dont give a fuck, even though im only at 6.3k ES atm (low maps,, still using black sun crest..)
"
Archybild wrote:
Thanks for this fantastic build man for both vaal and you I read bought and learnt from both a lot.

Right now on level 79 and did 140quality twin boss wasteland, which is an accompolishment for a noob like me :) below my gear any recomm. will be highly appraciated.

Got a Blessed orb, a couple Divines? Roll that Astramentis higher. And level the gems of course. But you are using farm gear and still doing fine, so just be careful. Of course with that gear you'll rip once in a while, but until lv 90+ it's not a big deal. If you plan on going above lv 90, look for real gloves at some point. I'd still get Auxium cause I just hate getting chilled by everything that deals cold.
Love the build! Ripped recently and thinking of giving Icestorm another go. As I play HC, I opted for Berzerker/Occultist, a chaos golem, endurance charge from Bandits in merc, and Vaal Disc and Vaal Grace linked to Ralling Cry/Inc Duration. I'll post some updates when I start leveling :)

EDIT - I do have one question. Any particular reason why you have Orbs of Storms at lvl 9?
IGN- Vyvanne | Voxxvi (Tempest League)
Vyvanne's Odds and Bods Boutique - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1311497
Last edited by Vyvanne on Mar 29, 2016, 3:03:53 PM
"
Vyvanne wrote:
Love the build! Ripped recently and thinking of giving Icestorm another go. As I play HC, I opted for Berzerker/Occultist, a chaos golem, endurance charge from Bandits in merc, and Vaal Disc and Vaal Grace linked to Ralling Cry/Inc Duration. I'll post some updates when I start leveling :)

EDIT - I do have one question. Any particular reason why you have Orbs of Storms at lvl 9?

I don't think Occultist is any better than Elementalist even for defense. 4% reduced ele damage is good. And 5% penetration is both offense and defense - you leech more. If you want more defense, take more ES nodes instead of 1-2 Izaro's. Our DPS is already sky high. You can grab Foresight and the 4 fat ES nodes near the Witch start.

Chaos golem is not good either. 4% reduced physical dmg is nothing compared to what AA and Enfeeble do. Flame Golem + Elementalist = 50% increased fire dmg!

Endurance charge? A total waste of a perfectly good skill point IMO.

Vaal Disc? I guess an 'oh shit!' button is good in HC. I have a spare socket I use for Portal, but Vaal D would be a sensible choice. Vaal Grace though? Is that even useful for this type of a build? I used to carry two Vaal Discs in 2.1 before switching to Enfeeble and Orb of Storms.

Orb of Storms was lv 9 in the vids just cause I forgot to click it at some point :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info