[2.6] The Curse Whisperer - Tri-Curse CI Whispering Ice EleRaider - Viable for Everything

"
Yolomir420 wrote:
Hi, first off: I love this build.
The only problem I have is getting good gear. I can for the life of me not get a high ES chest with high int and one high res. It's just not possible, there are no chests like that on poe.trade and if there are any, they cost 10ex+. The same goes with boots and gloves. Try getting 30MS boots with tri res and high int. Forget it. How do I get good gear? Like,seriously. I want to start farming uber lab. My char is lvl 72 I think and I just can't get good gear. It's a nightmare. Any tips?

Int and tri-res on the same rare item is not possible. You can only have 3 suffixes. That's why you look for Int and 2 res mods.

The prices on the items that are used by this build went up big time recently for some reason. ;)

If you can't find what you are looking for, try lower ES and/or search for 1 tier lower on Int and resists.

Also, use a rare ring with 50+ Int and whatever resists you need instead of Perandus Signet until your armor, boots and gloves are good enough to max resists without the ring. In the current league I'm using this 10c ring:

It allows me to use high Int/ES items with not a lot of resists (1.5ex gloves, 40c boots):

And my most expensive item is this 2ex armor:

(I haven't finished the curse setup yet; playing the Witch version in this league, the 3rd curse comes a few levels later for the Witch).

Once you have a decent set of inexpensive gear like that, then you start looking for similar items but with more resists. Those don't come along every day and may require saving some exalts to buy. But you can have fun and do everything you want to do while waiting for those upgrades.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Jun 23, 2016, 3:47:38 PM
"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
Yolomir420 wrote:
Hi, first off: I love this build.
The only problem I have is getting good gear. I can for the life of me not get a high ES chest with high int and one high res. It's just not possible, there are no chests like that on poe.trade and if there are any, they cost 10ex+. The same goes with boots and gloves. Try getting 30MS boots with tri res and high int. Forget it. How do I get good gear? Like,seriously. I want to start farming uber lab. My char is lvl 72 I think and I just can't get good gear. It's a nightmare. Any tips?

Int and tri-res on the same rare item is not possible. You can only have 3 suffixes. That's why you look for Int and 2 res mods.

The prices on the items that are used by this build went up big time recently for some reason. ;)

If you can't find what you are looking for, try lower ES and/or search for 1 tier lower on Int and resists.

Also, use a rare ring with 50+ Int and whatever resists you need instead of Perandus Signet until your armor, boots and gloves are good enough to max resists without the ring. In the current league I'm using this 10c ring:

It allows me to use high Int/ES items with not a lot of resists (1.5ex gloves, 40c boots):

And my most expensive item is this 2ex armor:

(I haven't finished the curse setup yet; playing the Witch version in this league, the 3rd curse comes a few levels later for the Witch).

Once you have a decent set of inexpensive gear like that, then you start looking for similar items but with more resists. Those don't come along every day and may require saving some exalts to buy. But you can have fun and do everything you want to do while waiting for those upgrades.

Thanks for your input. I'd like to try Uberlab right now, do you think 7k ES and 4.5k average hit (buffed) on icestorm is enough? Can i make it?
Hey, love this build and though its been a bitch to buy gear for it, its tanky and clears relatively fast.

Just a few questions though.

If i didn't want to go Elementalist + Raider, what would be a good choice other than Raider. For some reason even with pack size maps and constant quicksilver + leap slamming, the frenzy charges just always run out.

And also why my DPS seems kinda low. Ive got 1,500 int and 6S but it feels a bit slow.
"
Yolomir420 wrote:
Thanks for your input. I'd like to try Uberlab right now, do you think 7k ES and 4.5k average hit (buffed) on icestorm is enough? Can i make it?

Yes. I've done it in this league with similar stats as soon as I got US.

To be on the safe side, don't let Izaro get any buffs from the first two trials. At least until you are comfortable enough to start going for extra loot/keys.

"
Hey, love this build and though its been a bitch to buy gear for it, its tanky and clears relatively fast.

Just a few questions though.

If i didn't want to go Elementalist + Raider, what would be a good choice other than Raider. For some reason even with pack size maps and constant quicksilver + leap slamming, the frenzy charges just always run out.

And also why my DPS seems kinda low. Ive got 1,500 int and 6S but it feels a bit slow.

Frenzy charges running out: are you stopping a lot to pick up loot? I can't think of any other reason for that. It's up to you, but consider tightening your item filter and hiding the junk that's not really worth picking up.

EleSlayer is a good choice for party play, as mentioned a few posts above. I don't see any other good alternatives to EleRaider. It's too bad that Berserker was nerfed, EleZerker was unbeatable in 2.2.

Int, DPS - it all scales with levels a lot. What level are you? What level are your gems?
Last edited by Kelvynn on Jun 24, 2016, 2:08:51 PM
Where does the 3rd curse come from? I have the Doedre's that allows an extra curse, but we're only equipping one, So where is the 3rd coming from?

IGNORE THIS. Didn't see whispering doom being taken.

Great build highly enjoying it.
Last edited by DrazyHaze on Jun 25, 2016, 8:37:08 AM
Reached level 71 and died in a necropolis map while doing a zana daily, i chose not to go CI when the author advised but instead made the transition in late cruel and had a much safer time (your own results may vary based on gear/league)

I cannot stress enough how insane the life/mana leech is on this build, once you begin casting icestorm into a pack and begin leeching the only thing that will even hurt is intended 1 shots.
I seen great success with 1.5ex spent.
Last edited by aetherr on Jun 26, 2016, 8:10:15 PM
I've got another question. This time about jewels.
Wouldn't it be better to go for this jewel slot instead of this jewel slot?
That way, you would spend one skill point less and get 8% elemental damage as opposed to 10 int (with increases maybe 20 int -> 2% spell damage maybe).

What do you guys think?
"
Yolomir420 wrote:
I've got another question. This time about jewels.
Wouldn't it be better to go for this jewel slot instead of this jewel slot?
That way, you would spend one skill point less and get 8% elemental damage as opposed to 10 int (with increases maybe 20 int -> 2% spell damage maybe).

What do you guys think?

the increased spell damage we get from int is rather negligible. the important point is the additional base damage of icestorm that we gain from int! in general, for this build, 10 int are about as good as 10% increased damage, but the int also boosts es. therefore, taking the socket you suggest is really not worth it in the endgame. its like wasting one passive point.
Not sure if I should do the witch or scion version! :( I have a 86 scion, and 94 witch. I really want to do end-game maps and stuff hmm. Is the witch version more powerful?
"Good thing they nerfed the carto, it wasn't fun to find one in every map." - Haborym
Last edited by monkuar on Jun 29, 2016, 7:09:14 AM
"
monkuar wrote:
Not sure if I should do the witch or scion version! :( I have a 86 scion, and 94 witch. I really want to do end-game maps and stuff hmm. Is the witch version more powerful?

At this point I have to say Yes. The Witch version is more powerful and more safe than the Scion of the same level. It's still being tweaked a lot (make sure to read the last few pages of the thread; another major change is coming soon), but the results are already great.

Perandus and Prophecy leagues are very similar for this build because the uniques we use are very cheap in both. But my Witch in Prophecy is able to do the endgame stuff a lot earlier than my Scion in Perandus was, and for a lot cheaper. And after getting used to the safety of the anti-reflect node, I'm having hard time adjusting back to Scion when it comes to reflect. Or rather, I am simply rerolling ele reflect maps on the Scion.

Leveling past 90 is a LOT slower since the 2.3 patch. And past lv 94 it's a whole new level of slower. If you have a 94 Witch already - totally go with it.

Although lv 86 is already enough to do everything with either version of the build, except Uber Atziri and Core.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Jun 29, 2016, 2:08:31 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info