[2.6] The Curse Whisperer - Tri-Curse CI Whispering Ice EleRaider - Viable for Everything

im waiting for ur latest version?

ready to post tree and gears?
The first post is updated to the tri-curse version.

The tree is the same. The DPS is about the same. The budget is lower (only need 1 Perandus ring and no rare helmet). ES is 20-25% lower. But the 3rd curse and more curse efficiency more than compensates for it.

I tried to facetank Core Malachai with each of the previous two versions, but he'd wreck me even without mods. I can facetank him with some mods now. Nothing else required the ES of the previous version, we can trade some of it for more safety and flexibility with the 3rd curse.

Added a new section: Troubleshooting. Hopefully people will stop making those mistakes now.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Apr 17, 2016, 1:08:48 PM
"
Kelvynn wrote:
The first post is updated to the tri-curse version.

The tree is the same. The DPS is about the same. The budget is lower (only need 1 Perandus ring and no rare helmet). ES is 20-25% lower. But the 3rd curse and more curse efficiency more than compensates for it.

I tried to facetank Core Malachai with each of the previous two versions, but he'd wreck me even without mods. I can facetank him with some mods now. Nothing else required the ES of the previous version, we can trade some of it for more safety and flexibility with the 3rd curse.

Added a new section: Troubleshooting. Hopefully people will stop making those mistakes now.

I've started playing your build today, so far i hitted lvl 57 and i would like to share what i learned in these few levels.I died a bit, like 6-7 times (right now i'm at the start of act 2 merciless).
The biggest problem i got was with the switch to CI at lvl 33, not for mana i was quite fine with that i could cast 2 icestorm, the problem was the health pool..i was with like 650 es at lvl 33...i think is a bit "low" and very very risky.
Right now the main problem are the stuns i got, number one problem are the perandus mobs that teleport to u and freeze u and the celestial one with that huge aoe damage, if u get stunlocked and got like 3-4 of them on you is gg. The easy part with this build right now are bosses, they really really melt...the damage is pretty huge (2500 dps at lvl 57 with elemental overload up and a 6link whispering staff + astramantis).

I have 2500 es at lvl 57, i think even this is pretty low but i have a normal chest with 130 es...just 5linked that i used for every char to level.So yeah dunno, the build is really strong and get always stronger the more levels u get but is the classic ci build and u need to know what u're doing...u can't spam the instant potion like u do with a classic life build if u get in danger, if u get stunlocked is gg especially with those big pack of parandus mobs like i said , the build is good but it's just that i dont really like to die...but till i got that sweat stun immunity i think there isnt much else i can do. I level also with a decoy totem, it helps A LOT so i would suggest to use it untill you think u can play without it and just leech life and facetank.

The leep also, is really really damn slow .... i was using flame dash that was 10000 better at least for mobility, but yeah that fortify buff we all know is HUGE ...so yeah i think i just need a faster attack and leep with quality maybe XD
Last edited by BloodRaziel on Apr 17, 2016, 6:57:12 PM
"
BloodRaziel wrote:
I've started playing your build today, so far i hitted lvl 57 and i would like to share what i learned in these few levels.I died a bit, like 6-7 times (right now i'm at the start of act 2 merciless).
The biggest problem i got was with the switch to CI at lvl 33, not for mana i was quite fine with that i could cast 2 icestorm, the problem was the health pool..i was with like 650 es at lvl 33...i think is a bit "low" and very very risky.
Right now the main problem are the stuns i got, number one problem are the perandus mobs that teleport to u and freeze u and the celestial one with that huge aoe damage, if u get stunlocked and got like 3-4 of them on you is gg. The easy part with this build right now are bosses, they really really melt...the damage is pretty huge (2500 dps at lvl 57 with elemental overload up and a 6link whispering staff + astramantis).

I have 2500 es at lvl 57, i think even this is pretty low but i have a normal chest with 130 es...just 5linked that i used for every char to level.So yeah dunno, the build is really strong and get always stronger the more levels u get but is the classic ci build and u need to know what u're doing...u can't spam the instant potion like u do with a classic life build if u get in danger, if u get stunlocked is gg especially with those big pack of parandus mobs like i said , the build is good but it's just that i dont really like to die...but till i got that sweat stun immunity i think there isnt much else i can do. I level also with a decoy totem, it helps A LOT so i would suggest to use it untill you think u can play without it and just leech life and facetank.

The leep also, is really really damn slow .... i was using flame dash that was 10000 better at least for mobility, but yeah that fortify buff we all know is HUGE ...so yeah i think i just need a faster attack and leep with quality maybe XD

Thank you for sharing your experience!

Yeah, 650 ES is very low. I had something around 1k at lv 33 with self-found gear when I started my league Scion. I hit lv 33 in the Sceptre of God and switched right before Dom, facerolled him easily. Just need to remember to save ES items as you go. Maybe I should add a note about recommended amount of ES. Of course, you can't see your actual ES until you switch - that's the problem.

Perandus packs can be rough for any build at low levels. It's specific to this league. I guess leaping into the middle of the pack can be a bad idea with them because they can stunlock or freeze you, and you only get Auxium at lv 70 and stun immunity at lv 77-78. With the Perandus pack the best approach is to kill them from close enough range without getting into the actual pack. I'll add a note about that.

Leap Slam takes some time to get used to. It's indeed a lot slower than Flame Dash, especially while your Faster Attacks is still low level. But Fortify is so good, it's totally worth it. I considered using a weapon swap (2x Brightbeak; or 2x daggers with Whirling Blades), but it was too risky and required too much extra action. If you fail to swap-attack-swap quicky and get stuck with the wrong weapon - you're toast. And swapping back and forth would take just as much time as waiting on Leap Slam to fire.

I also tested other melee attacks that work with staves. But since this is not a melee build, the lack of accuracy made them miss way too much, or they were as slow as Leap Slam. If you have any ideas that might work better to get Fortify - let me know.

Thanks again for your feedback.

ETA: Forgot to mention: Silver flasks are great for using with this build now, especially with Leap Slam. Roll them with 22% or better Reduced Charges Used or +20 Extra Charges. That makes them 2-sip. And a suffix or your choice. My league Scion uses 3 of these:

I added a Flasks section just below Play Style.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Apr 17, 2016, 11:31:52 PM
Just specced over to the tri curse build from the previous version. Ball lightning is casting on damage taken but doesn't appear to be distributing the curses. Is there something about the setup that I'm missing here?
So out of curiosity why are u using ball lightning to apply curses when we are already using orb of storm to proc crit for overload or will that not work in this setup?
Problem solved--I just started leveling new enfeeble/temp chains gems, and before the gems are too high level for cwdt, they won't proc on the lightning ball hit.
Hello, I love this build. Thanks for making it.

There was a couple of things I was doing differently, and was wondering if you had any thoughts about. I'm certainly not an expert so there might be some stuff I'm overlooking.

1. I'm not using any increase AOE nodes. I was hesitant to get them because they decrease DPS due to the particles spreading out farther. Instead, I just swap concentrated effect gem and increased AOE gem for when I need single target or AOE damage.

2. Get RBBB on Black Sun Crest is awful, and Blasphemy-Warlord's Mark doesn't benefit much from +1 level. Instead, I put Leap Slam-Faster Attacks-Fortify-Discipline in the helm and put lvl 2 enlighten-arctic armor-blasphemy-warlord's mark in boots/gloves. It gives slightly less mana, but I can still spam icestorm as long as I'm leeching. It's probably not a big deal if you already have the colors, but it didn't really seem worth spending the currency trying to get it.

3. Getting RRRB for CWDT on boots/gloves is also awful. I was wondering if a CWS setup would work instead if I took out unwavering stance, and I noticed that with all the defensive curses, I basically never got stunned anyways. I don't know if this is an issue on really high level maps/bosses, but for what I have seen, being stunned really isn't an issue. I'm not really sure if a CWS link is even necessary, as it doesn't seem to pop very much. I've only tested this in a couple lab/map runs though. Also if you don't need unwavering stance that badly, you don't need most of the stuff at the bottom of the tree, which would give you a ton of points you could put into more es, or curse effect increase or whatever.

Thanks again!
Last edited by cfhull on Apr 18, 2016, 5:30:59 PM
"
jcdraider wrote:
So out of curiosity why are u using ball lightning to apply curses when we are already using orb of storm to proc crit for overload or will that not work in this setup?

Orb needs to be placed manually, so you won't curse attackers as quickly as CWDT does. Orb has a limited radius too, so it will only curse the enemies close to you. BL is great for neutralizing archers, avians and stuff like that.

But it's an interesting idea! It could save a gem socket, giving you a lot of flexibility. For example, you can replace CWDT with Enhance...

Very interesting... I'm going to try that and see how it goes.

"
cfhull wrote:
Hello, I love this build. Thanks for making it.

There was a couple of things I was doing differently, and was wondering if you had any thoughts about. I'm certainly not an expert so there might be some stuff I'm overlooking.

1. I'm not using any increase AOE nodes. I was hesitant to get them because they decrease DPS due to the particles spreading out farther. Instead, I just swap concentrated effect gem and increased AOE gem for when I need single target or AOE damage.

2. Get RBBB on Black Sun Crest is awful, and Blasphemy-Warlord's Mark doesn't benefit much from +1 level. Instead, I put Leap Slam-Faster Attacks-Fortify-Discipline in the helm and put lvl 2 enlighten-arctic armor-blasphemy-warlord's mark in boots/gloves. It gives slightly less mana, but I can still spam icestorm as long as I'm leeching. It's probably not a big deal if you already have the colors, but it didn't really seem worth spending the currency trying to get it.

3. Getting RRRB for CWDT on boots/gloves is also awful. I was wondering if a CWS setup would work instead if I took out unwavering stance, and I noticed that with all the defensive curses, I basically never got stunned anyways. I don't know if this is an issue on really high level maps/bosses, but for what I have seen, being stunned really isn't an issue. I'm not really sure if a CWS link is even necessary, as it doesn't seem to pop very much. I've only tested this in a couple lab/map runs though. Also if you don't need unwavering stance that badly, you don't need most of the stuff at the bottom of the tree, which would give you a ton of points you could put into more es, or curse effect increase or whatever.

Thanks again!

1. AoE decreases dps slightly, CE increases it back by a whole lot. Pure CE sucks against bosses that don't stand still, i.e. most of them. Also, if you only use CE for bosses, it means your dps may be too low to farm high tier maps comfortably, and you probably can't afford to MF there. Using CE all the time with the regular Icestorm radius is one of the features of this build. Also, increased AoE is good for Orb of Storms, Leap Slam and the curses.

2. Use Vorici 2B to get BBBR, use Vorici 2R to get RRRB, it typically costs between 150 and 300 chromatics. IMO that's not a lot even in a new league. Items with RGB sockets drop all the time.

Using Black Sun for Leap Slam is definitely an option. However, it requires Enlighten 1 level higher than otherwise. Normally you'd aquire more than enough chroms before your Enlighten is lv 2 in a new league. And in Standard that's not an issue at all.

3. High tiers and Perandus packs can wreck you without stun immunity. Atziri Trio will just stunlock you. So will Malachai, and, as my league char found out, even Merveil in maps. Those steam columns she spawns on you = chain stun and gg. You can't do any serious content on CI without protection against stun.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Apr 18, 2016, 7:12:04 PM
Cool, all those answers make sense. I spent 500 chrom with Vorici failing at linking the black sun, and was quite upset. I just gave up and went the leap slam route. It works well enough. I'll stick with stun immunity and try out increased AOE as well. I like the idea, I was just worried it would be less effective than it could be on bosses. I also didn't realize that increase radius of area skills would also work on curses. That's definitely a nice bonus.

Thanks again for your feedback.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info