[2.6] The Curse Whisperer - Tri-Curse CI Whispering Ice EleRaider - Viable for Everything

"
Smetona wrote:
Have you considered Raider ascendancy? 10% chance to gain frenzy charges ( enough to keep it up almost 100% of the time ) + onslaught while on full frenzy charges. Basically free 32% cast speed and 12% more damage, also 25% to dodge status ailments which is probably crap but still something.

Raider is essentially perma-Onslaught as long as you keep killing something. You don't need to waste Ascendancy on that, Silver flasks do the same. I use 3 of them with the Doom Bunny version and it's a perma-Onslaught too:

Raider is a better version of Onslaught of course, because Frenzy charges add to it. But it works a lot better for real Frenzy builds with 6 Frenzy charges than for us with only 3.

Elementalist is 4% ele damage protection, 5% resist penetration (which means 5% MORE damage in most situations), 30% inc damage buff with the golem, and +40 Int.

There is really no choice between those two.

"
Vyvanne wrote:
Just curious, how much int do the Perandus rings add?

150-200 depending on your other items.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Apr 13, 2016, 1:07:14 AM
Well, I just totally YOLO'd Core with mods and wrecked this boy (although he wrecked me a couple times in return since I didn't care to play smart at all; not like dodging would work well with GMP mod anyway). No running, no dodging, in your face triple curse Fortify! :)

This is FUN!! If you are not leveling and don't mind dying, this build can not only kill but MF anything you want. Or rather, you can level while MF'ing almost everything, but if you want to MF absolutely everything - you can do that too, just not deathless.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Apr 13, 2016, 3:12:42 AM
"
Kelvynn wrote:
I apologize if that sounded condescending. It's just frustrating to see people insist that leveling as CI is hard or that Lab is hard for this build as CI. I suspect it's just because they not playing it properly.

I added more notes about the importance of using the leech of the WM aura. This is not a side version of a Firestorm build. Do not play this build as ranged attacker except for several specific bosses.

There is a Lab video in the 1st post. Anybody who has trouble with Lab as this build - tell me exactly why you can't do it like in that video. I don't consider myself a very good PoE player, but it's extremely easy even with my skill level. There must be something that people are doing wrong that makes Lab hard.

I didn't say Lab is too hard or I can't do it on CI, I was only talking about CI in general compared to life in HC. Believe it or not, but some people actually have trouble running Lab as CI, I was just offering few solutions to minimize the risk. I did couple test runs in Standard as CI without dying. I don't see reason to risk of losing HC character being worth it, when there's an option to do it faster and/or safer on life based build. If I feel like I'm up for farming Lab I have life based champion ready to go - he can recklessly run through all the traps and has almost zero risk of dying. Even Chris himself confirmed in the last PoE podcast that there's an issue and they are going to adjust trap damage for ES in patch 2.3. It goes without saying that all mobs in Lab are push over for any semi decent build. This one shouldn't have trouble doing any combination of fully powered up Izaro.
how do you manage tri-curse in perandus league ?
seems impossible
"
redjo wrote:
how do you manage tri-curse in perandus league ?
seems impossible

Curse #1 is always WM+Blasphemy, it's one of the foundations of this build.

The other two curses (Enfeeble and Temporal Chains) come from Whispers of Doom and either Doedre's Damning or Windscream, and they are not auras but CWDT. You can link them to CWDT directly, but in my experience the most efficient setup is CWDT - Ball Lightning - CoH - Enfeeble - Temp Chains. That way you always apply both of them to everything, plus CoH quality gives another +10% curse efficiency, doubling the effect of the Whispers of Doom cluster.

Currently, I place the gems this way:

Black Sun Crest lets you use Enlighten a whole level earlier (which is awesome in a new league). The only new league issue with it is that coloring Black Sun Crest this way can cost 200-300 chromatics. But if you don't neglect to pick up RGB items that drop like candy, that shouldn't be a big deal.
Spoiler
Show
SocketGroup RGB
SetBorderColor 255 0 255

In a new league, getting a Doedre ring instead of the 2nd Perandus, a Black Sun Crest instead of a good rare helmet, and being able to use Enlighten lv 1 should be really good. You won't have enough mana to use AA until your Enlighten is lv 3. Then again, your body armor doesn't need to have 6 sockets until then either. I haven't spent much time on my league char yet, but she's doing just fine without AA and has 20 challenges completed by lv 75.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Apr 13, 2016, 12:32:19 PM
New Lightning Golem is procing Elemental overload like crazy for me. If I am not wrong swapping fire one is good option.

Ok i was mistaken it doesnt work xD
Last edited by TheRahr on Apr 14, 2016, 8:09:57 PM
the build is really nice, i just swapped lightning tendrils with spark as my starter gem. I just cant do it with tendrils
"
TheRahr wrote:
New Lightning Golem is procing Elemental overload like crazy for me. If I am not wrong swapping fire one is good option.

I'm going to check it out tonigth. Hopefully it works well.

ETA: Ok, I tried it, and this new golem is not triggering EO for me at all. I even supported it with GMP, Minion Speed and Inc Crit Strike. It's shooting lightning projectiles and dropping mini-Orbs of Storms that zap a lot, but none of that procced EO for me even once. They are decent DPS for low level content, so I let them clear half of the Lake while I just walked around doing nothing. But not a single EO proc!

What am I doing wrong?
Last edited by Kelvynn on Apr 14, 2016, 7:56:51 PM
Is level 3 enlighten a must for 3 aura setup? Or can i run it with level 2 enlighten
IGN: LadyAlistra
"
Oxygenjunkie wrote:
Is level 3 enlighten a must for 3 aura setup? Or can i run it with level 2 enlighten

Lv 2 is enough, although a little tight with AA (you have mana for 1 cast of Icestorm). My league char just ran without AA for a while. Or you can take 1 tree node near CI for 4% less reservation, which is exactly the same as one level on Enlighten.

However, the latest version that I'm almost done testing, manages it more efficiently:

With this version, you can use Enlighten lv 1 without AA (or with the 4% node), and once your Enlighten is lv 2 you have mana for at least 2 casts even with AA, i.e. all you need, then you leech the rest easily. And once it's lv 3 mana stops being an issue completely.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info