PoE is not PVP Game

Dears,

You learn it fast or slow one day you will just reliese that this is not PVP game.

Enjoy the game as its with lot of contents without annoying yourself regarding to pvp others

Regards,
Last bumped on May 23, 2016, 11:19:13 PM
Bullshit, i enjoy end-game content and low level pvp too. Maybe come back to general forum mate, and look for next 100% copy build and leveling guide.
Talacura.
IGN:Dethklok
lllllDanziGGlllll - 100 Ranger ~ HOGM
Mirror Service: View-thread/2479762
Old:870532

tiramisu strikes back again
"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
Last edited by Rupenus on Mar 20, 2016, 12:54:49 PM
I would love to have seen OPs slaughter in the arena :) You do not go there with a Magma Orb duelist.
OP used to have a pretty competitive Incinerate build back in the days but unfortunately the skill was nerfed to oblivion and he didn't move on.
Last edited by IceDeal on Mar 20, 2016, 7:36:11 PM
Well, the thing is, no kind of tweaking is ever going to make a good PvP system. It's simply not possible when you can have tens of levels of difference, plus hundreds (or even thousands) of exalts between characters fighting each other.
The only reason you appreciate the current system is because you guys are at the top part of it, with means to have at the very least decent chances against most other builds you can encounter. But for a lot of players, it's not fun, because they have no chance against the most invested players out there, that are most present and active in PvP.

I think that the level 28 PvP-only characters was the right way to look at, but giving the ability to alter their skill tree and equipment was a huge mistake, as it removes the point of giving pre-balanced characters.
Yes, I know it sucks that you don't get to make your build yourself, even more so as one of PoE's main selling points is its ability to personalize the character. But you are never going to manage to develop PvP if sandbagging remains so easy to do.
"
I think that the level 28 PvP-only characters was the right way to look at, but giving the ability to alter their skill tree and equipment was a huge mistake, as it removes the point of giving pre-balanced characters.
Yes, I know it sucks that you don't get to make your build yourself, even more so as one of PoE's main selling points is its ability to personalize the character. But you are never going to manage to develop PvP if sandbagging remains so easy to do.

Equipment is the problem, and even then, basically only imported equipment. If prebuilts could ONLY use what they come with, but could switch the items around freely, I think you'd still see a reasonable balance. Altering the skill tree should not be a problem in general, especially if skill resets are automatically always free on pvp-onlys (which they ought to be.) Because you're locked to the same level/qstatus as everyone you're competing with, you still have the same options as everyone else. Then it's "just" a matter of balancing the passive tree and the default configurations well enough - perhaps still a tall order, but at least possible. Can't you see this working, especially with long-term fine-grain refinement?

The problem comes when you start throwing uniques, 20q gems, etc on prebuilts, then they go out the window virtually as much as any normal character.
People who don't like the Labyrinth are not a minority: Be heard - say you don't like it in your signature. Don't leave complaining about lab to others - GGG needs to see how many people dislike it. Ascendancy must be gated on true ARPG content, not a poorly-crafted internet Legend of Zelda wannabe.
The thing is, you cannot let players take whatever nodes they want above certain levels. Maybe level 28 is restrictive enough, but that's not the case anymore above level 60, especially when you put ascendancy in the mix.
None but a handful, really only a handful, of absolutely godlike characters around here are truly unbeatable by anyone not part of those handful. Everyone else has strengths and weaknesses and if you are willing to adapt and die a lot in the process, you will learn to kill them eventually.

For example, I used to be a total PVP noob and still am in many regards, but I recently dug in and, among other things, made a budget character involving clones, a lot of clones, with the thought behind it that quantity may counter quality, and for most of my opponents it works, even the OP thousand-exalt ones I can at least kill SOMETIMES when playing smart.

You just have to know the current meta builds that just instantly melt you at range, and thats LA, EA, Bleed Spectral Throw and Spark. Everything but Spark still requires some attention by the owner of the build, and is a directional attack, so as small as that weakness may be, it counts, especially when having some help in the arena. And, all bow builds are still based on accuracy, which can be countered by Enfeeble and Blind. (Edit: "Countered" may be a strong word here, lets say it buys you an additional second of life, which CAN make the difference)
Last edited by Luminar on Mar 21, 2016, 9:16:57 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info