Game freezes at random

I had this Problem for a couple of weeks, and I found that Path of Exile uses Way too much disk space when running. So when I Cleared up problems with Disk Usage on my task Manager. The game stopped freezing and runs smoothly again. This was the link That helped me clear my disk. https://www.drivereasy.com/knowledge/fix-100-disk-usage-in-task-manager-improve-pc-performance-on-windows-10/
"
Cwkunkel97 wrote:
I had this Problem for a couple of weeks, and I found that Path of Exile uses Way too much disk space when running. So when I Cleared up problems with Disk Usage on my task Manager. The game stopped freezing and runs smoothly again. This was the link That helped me clear my disk. https://www.drivereasy.com/knowledge/fix-100-disk-usage-in-task-manager-improve-pc-performance-on-windows-10/

I do PC service work and I always see computers that are way overloaded with temp files that kill Windows performance. The worst of late was a Windows 7 computer that had 0 free hard drive space. At first I told the owner that you're out of disk space then I'll need to install a larger capacity drive. I manually deleted the c:\Windows\Temp folder contents to free up enough space to install CCLEANER and ran it. Instead of taking a few minutes to complete it ground away for a half hour and when it finally finished there was only 192 GB used out of 500 GB. There were 308 GB of temp files!

So everyone should install CCleaner and run it twice a month. Be careful to understand that the default settings will delete all browser history. Some don't like that so uncheck the browser history for each browser (Chrome, Firefox, Edge, etc.) before running if you don't want to lose that.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
Last edited by Arrowneous on Apr 7, 2017, 6:30:16 PM
Same problem here. Game freezes randomly and its like everything is getting buffered... then warp speed playback of everything that happened during the freeze. Sometimes I live, sometimes not- lucky I'm playing sc!

I've deleted the shadercache folder, game is installed on SSD, disk usage is totally fine, tried all graphics settings low/off, tried DX9, DX9EX, and DX11 beta, tried 32bit vs 64bit executable, no change.

Only thing I can think it might be at this point is network issues where packets (not sure what protocol GGG uses) are getting hung up between client and servers and then catch up all at once.

GGG, I would love to help debug this issue, is there something I can do to help fix? It's very painful!
Same here...
Same =(
BLAMT!
"
saxisa wrote:
Same problem here. Game freezes randomly and its like everything is getting buffered... then warp speed playback of everything that happened during the freeze. Sometimes I live, sometimes not- lucky I'm playing sc!

What you've described sounds like you're having connectivity issues while using Lockstep. Try Predictive networking mode and see if that helps.

If you notice tons of desync while in predictive, you might want to run WinMTR and post the results in your own thread.
Just a lowly standard player. May RNGesus be with you.
Same here sadly. Never had that problem before...
Same problem. I started a ticket with GGG who had me run the WinMTR, I returned the results to them and they never responded. 3 of my friends are also having this problem and we are not getting any answer.

I have a video posted here of the problem in action

https://youtu.be/I9bI6pXA59k
I think I found my solution. Using WinMTR and tracert it looks like at the hop of: 184.105.81.209 (between POE and my ISP) was getting hit with packet loss at random times.

I fixed it by switching login servers from Washington DC to Texas which avoids that route, my characters are still on that login server thank god.
I have the same issue. I would simply want to know if it's a hardware/OC issue on my end or an issue with the server and thus totally out of my hands.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info