GhazzyTV - Essence Drain & Contagion (or Bane/Soulrend) Trickster [SC/HC/Uber Elder/Shaper]

I'm running spell totem in the Allelopathy gloves (void manipulation, efficacy, controlled destruction).

Self-cast wither on tough rares and bosses, while applying a contagion cast and ED when needed.

I find the hinder effect and damage boost of blight tremendously helpful once you're using two Spreading Rot jewels. The range seems quite all right to me as well, it extends beyond the actual graphics if you study it a moment.

Only level 72 atm, but I ran a dozen maps with another player just to see how horribly slow it would be. To my surprise my current (low) damage is enough to literally melt everything on the map, including the bosses, which was certainly not the case in 2.6 with the standard ED.

The big plus being that you're incredibly tanky with multiple sources of healing, definitely my new favorite build in 3.0, especially due to the gloves, totem and jewels.

Many thanks for a good build, looking forward to bringing it into end-game and see how it fares.
I think that going for a self-cast Blight completely changes the gameplay. ED is a skill that gives extreme mobility and safety, Blight forces you to stop and channel to mantain the real DPS (which comes at high Blight stacks).

Going for a self cast Blight makes this one become a Blight build with some support from ED, and not an ED-based one.
So I am new to ED so I understand that what I am saying is undeducated. But do we really need this much mana on tree, even for MoM. I am at work atm so don't have access to PoB but I imagine that speccing into this much mana makes our ED not the best. What's more I have seen several other (not ED mind you) builds taking MoM and none of them go nearly as overboard on mana so I am curious if I'm just not seeing something.
"
djnat wrote:
I think that going for a self-cast Blight completely changes the gameplay. ED is a skill that gives extreme mobility and safety, Blight forces you to stop and channel to mantain the real DPS (which comes at high Blight stacks).

Going for a self cast Blight makes this one become a Blight build with some support from ED, and not an ED-based one.

Yeah, we'd be more in line with other builds that have an aoe clearing spell and a dedicated singletarget spell.

I'll try to get my hands on the new channeling shield to test how the gameplay against bosses feels. I think it'll be too squishy (especially with my setup with both biscos items), even though I expect awesome dps.
Don't forget that Spreading Rot's damage bonus works only on targets hindered by Blight.

The Hinder effect from Blight is not infinite.

If you debuff a target with Blight, continuing the channel does NOT refresh the hinder debuff, but only the damaging one. To reapply the hinder you must wait until the Blight debuff expires, then restart channelling it.

I.E. the maximum damage bonus from Blight totem + 2 treshold jewels only lasts for a few seconds, then it's gone unless you re-apply Blight after its damaging debuff expires from the target(s).
Last edited by djnat on Aug 15, 2017, 10:50:36 AM
Sure, but even without the Spreading Rot bonus, Blight does huge DPS.

Spreading Rot would help to even out the DPS spikes slightly. You get a hefty bonus on ED while Wither and Blight start stacking and when they reach max stacks the jewel bonus is lost but you.

But this is all theory and I'll test it today. The mobility loss might just be too much.
"
cybertier wrote:
Sure, but even without the Spreading Rot bonus, Blight does huge DPS.

Spreading Rot would help to even out the DPS spikes slightly. You get a hefty bonus on ED while Wither and Blight start stacking and when they reach max stacks the jewel bonus is lost but you.

But this is all theory and I'll test it today. The mobility loss might just be too much.

Yes, I agree.

The DPS of Blight (especially if self-casting) is huge because it literally anchors you to the ground to reach that amount of stacks. Sadly, this means that self-casting it you are pretty dead in the 80% of endgame content as it is now. I can't ever imagine bosses like Core Malachai or Colosseum Daresso (not to talk about guardians or uber Atziri) standing still all the time to try reaching max stacks of Blight debuff.
Please help.

How can i get "Your Hits inflict Decay, dealing 500 Chaos Damage per second for 8 seconds" on SAI ?

Is it crafted?
"
DreamTheatеr wrote:
Please help.

How can i get "Your Hits inflict Decay, dealing 500 Chaos Damage per second for 8 seconds" on SAI ?

Is it crafted?

Essence of Delirium.
Thanx!!!
Last edited by DreamTheatеr on Aug 15, 2017, 11:37:33 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info