Milkyslice Buildlist

So hows the dmge after the no double dip Nerf on BV?
"
tweakzero wrote:
So hows the dmge after the no double dip Nerf on BV?

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/5joiop/bv_still_pretty_strong_just_not_that_broken/

my minotaur kill.

Still great, how it should be.
before the 'nerf/fix' he died in around 4-5 secs, now in around 11-12 (which is still faster than many other builds around with a budget of <1ex :D)

Havent used my VLT nor temp chains (well the cwdt procc). Could've been faster, but also didnt use it before the nerf.

Packclearing is excactly the same since BV killed mobs and not the poison anyway. Obliteration did the rest.

Doubledipping still works, just the 30% more dmg per blade isn't counting in anymore.

"
Yah not really sold on vaal haste. Probly gonna swap it.
My problem with cast speed is I cast faster than I mana regen so casting even faster accomplishes nothing really.

Maybe ill use vaal grace instead for bosses and just make it that much more hard to take out. or something like that.

I do like the haste buff however.

Thanks for all the explanations

about to try the 2 reach bosses I havent tried yet. esh and uul nethol

Vaalhaste is awesome for packclearing and vaalclarity in conjunction grants free bv to cast before a boss. Manaproblems are nonexistant while clearing anyway with the manaleech.

For t16 maps i would swap in a manaflask instead for the case of an unfortunate rip (which happens if i am too lazy/bad to dodge oneshot mechanics like shaper slam).
Vaal lightning trap is the best without a vinktars (which i probably wont use anyway) and vaal grace helps too. Easy swap with v haste and clarity.
Haste is mainly for smoother mapping and t16 are less about speed more about surviving shit/maximizing dmg. So Grace or even hatred are good choices to swap in.

like i wrote my goal are blue temp chains or vulnerability on hit gloves, without that its probably the best to use the curse via selfcast on a guardian/shaper.
We run in with 20 charges anyway and do nothing else than recasting, placing wither and dodge a bit anyway.
It wouldnt be a damage loss to curse inbetween thats what i mean ;).
Another solution is just using a witchfire brew.

Surprisingly i reaaally like phase run in the build. the duration is higher than the cooldown, the casttime almost instantly and the speedbonus noticeable.
Tried smoke mine too, but its a bit too clunky for me.

atm i feel pretty tanky and durable with the leech.
the last things killed me were:

- 3 essence + ghost possesed zombie. ripped me with the chaos cloud on death (those essences+ghost really boosted that damage) in a vulnerability + monsterdmg map.

- corrupted blood bloodlines, forgot to press the flask

- unkillable (for this build) chars in the Hall of grandmasters

- 10+ bloodline lightning warp totems... stood in the middle of those :D

- Minotaur with damage mods facetanking the slam

- Shaper facetanking red balls in the immunity phase and poor dodge skills on the slam.

- while testing phys reflect maps :D

So overall i died because i didnt notice on death mechanics quick enough or i failed to dodge oneshot mechanics because i am bad at the game / unexperienced with shaper.
Some death just happened because i wanted to see IF i can survive (like a minotaur slam, reflect map..) especially after the last level up.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi-NL9JevOxF-6W3n-a7o-w

My Youtube channel with builds, unique and mechanic discussions etc
Last edited by Milkyslice on Dec 22, 2016, 1:03:59 AM
I REALLY hated smoke mine and I really like phase run.

Another perk of phase run is the packs stay somewhat in place and dont aggro you as soon ao you just make it right in the middle and explode them. On b osses sometimes it means they will attack your pet first instead of you. In groups too....so it can save a hit or two and give you chance to dps more and recast some blades and setup...love it on top of a small speed boost from pack to pack.

I played a bit after patch and didnt notice much change but didnt try anything huge. I did do an atziri run and everything seemed pretty much as easy...maybe the vaals took a bit longer to kill now that I think about it. I thought it was a bit odd.

Too bad about the nerf but still feels nice.

Only tried minotaur once but got owned one shot. I only had one shot at him on someone else map and i tink maybe they had rippy mods.

so far so good.

can you still do shaper afte rnerfs?
I can still do shaper.
Tried one run this morning right after waking up and running minotaur, but i failed.

Now you may ask yourself "why is this bitch telling me he can do it and failed?"

The reason is simply that i am bad and unexperienced with the encounter.

got hit three times by the slam (and flamedash is a great escape method for this).
One death was after the bubble phase... dashed out to early and ran into a red bubble which oneshot me.
one death was in the bubble, kited a vortexball and ran a bit outside
last death was while reentering instantly died to the red bubble phase (i moved... silly me).

dps was not the problem, sure lower than before, but still good. Lower dps obviously increases risks over time and requires more skill with the fight since more is happening ;)

Some mathil would run him easily deathless with the build for sure :p

On top of everything is was badly prepared.

I should've used vaal lightning trap, switch out haste for blasphemy + temp chains at least.

whatever, i will take another try the next days when i have the time.

the unshaped was easy tho and i made it into phase 3 to ~20%. the majority of deaths was in phase 2

Last edited by Milkyslice on Dec 22, 2016, 1:43:25 AM
Please make a video kill shaper after bv nerfed :(
"
Please make a video kill shaper after bv nerfed :(

maybe after i completed 36/40, thats my priority with my little playtime atm

Leveled this hidden potential budget bv berserker. It is quite amazing how strong it is for the budget..
But it is mostly power of bv (or any strong sustainable rapidly hitting skill), berserker leech and vaal pact. You practically cannot die unless you get one-shotted.
I also like the choice of weapons, they are exceptionally good at clearing breaches.
Anyway, really fun miniguide, I recommend trying this who are not experienced with this combination of skills, even if you can afford better gear.
"
aerial wrote:
Leveled this hidden potential budget bv berserker. It is quite amazing how strong it is for the budget..
But it is mostly power of bv (or any strong sustainable rapidly hitting skill), berserker leech and vaal pact. You practically cannot die unless you get one-shotted.
I also like the choice of weapons, they are exceptionally good at clearing breaches.
Anyway, really fun miniguide, I recommend trying this who are not experienced with this combination of skills, even if you can afford better gear.

great you like it.
Its currently my only bsc char which is use for most content. atm i primarly run those shaped mesa, strand, arachnid tombs, jungle valley, coves, reefs and courtyard for the layouts and to farm stuff for challenges (sextant, card, unique challenges all need a goos chunk of currency).
Guardians, at least phoenix and minotaur are pretty easy to run and shaper is possible but requires some skill and knowledge of the fight now (which is in general a good thing).

Currently i try to upgrade the chest with a carcass for more are and clearspeed for those sweet layout maps.

I am running a very similar build now and the hidden potential + zerker more multi pliers are nuts i have 7k hp and can kill pretty much anything.

i HIGHLY recommend buying and corrupting you obliteration to get culling it helps immensely.

i dont use as many jewels as your build but if i did i think id get to 8k hp. which is nuts considering no kaoms.

culling on obliteration was my plan, too.

I think about trying a decay wand, but i fear that the explosion chain reactions suffer too much from it.
its just too expensive for me to craft a decent decay weapon before i finished most of the challenges (holy shit that jewel corruption one eats vaals)

Atm i focus more on crafting pairs of gloves to corrupt them for temp chains on hit (or vulnerability) so i can drop witchfire brew for another flask (preferable that new stibnite with unholy might).

Skilltree wise i like jewels more than stuff like the shadow starting nodes. I use those instead of travelnodes to a jewel, but once i can reach it i respecc those nodes again and again.

a 3 point jewel with life + dualdmg or life + 1dmg + resist roll is more valueable for me than just increased damage. But thats also preference ;)

Last edited by Milkyslice on Dec 26, 2016, 8:42:17 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info