Milkyslice Buildlist

"
Carlovski wrote:
I've been having similar thoughts to you I think, debating the blasphemy setup. Not sure what auras i'd run then though, but as we are arcing everything anyway, might as well curse (I have been using curse on hit vuln for levelling anyway)
Lets us use a high es helm or maybe vertex too.
Though have just bought a zombie attack speed Heretic's veil!

I'm a little concerned about freezes and bleeds too, more than I am about stuns (Already decided to basically ignore stun immunity unless I gte a +1 curse chayula). No real good options for freeze as far as I can see.

The neck is nice, got a similar one for 3c + 4c mastercraft:

Now i dont need any strenghtnode in the tree/jewels/boots

Dream Fragments/Wanderlust are the only useful options there, which are both hard to fit in.

Another option is ES/Life gear, basically like a hybrid char, but with reserved life.

For both, freeze and bleed, playing passive is probably the best choice (added cold maps, bleed mobs on maps).
Its not like we get huge corrupting blood stacks.

The biggest problems are chests with freeze, which often can be survived with the minions or rerolled/ignored, depending on the chest and quality.

So far i havent died once to bleed or freeze, but those effects get more frequent and dangerous in maps.

Heretics is a high es helmet, too. I mainly use it for the included blasphemy gem, dunno where to place a BM+clarity if i drop the helmet. The reservation costs are not required, only help to max clarity (which i mainly use for the aps/dmg buff of the necro).

Got a Zombie atkspeed heretics Veil, too.
Not the best enchant, but pretty solid. Offering is probably the best to get since it benefits me and the minions... but i definetly wont reroll it :p

About the Blasphemy curses:

What are the other options we have for the 70% reservation?!

Vitality is okish with ZO. ~3.5% lifreg

Purity of elements is not needed for minions with 2 minion resi jewels, can help with shitty gear or as a replacement till we hit dualcurse.

Purity of ice/fire/lightning. Can be worth it depending on the map, but those are a little bit too specific for me.

The 50% auras left arent that impressive for this build, maybe grace has a place, but thats it.

I would level at least ice/lightning to swap em in on curse immune maps for a blue/green socket, better than nothing ;)

In general Temp Chains blasphemy is a must have for me, helps a lot while whirling around if i encounter devoureres, open chests, accidentaly rush into a pack etc.
Thats the big benefit of blasphemy for me.

I am torn between enfeeble and vulnerability... both have benefits.

Ive played with CoH til lvl 62, its just... sometimes enemys are faster rushing you than we are with cursing.

I also cannot find a place for a curse on hit setup and 35 + 35 + clarity + bm setup, most of the gems are super important.

Even the whirling blades setup renders use unhittable for most monsters.

Updated some sections, too. Especially the mechanics.

edit: Vaal Discipline + bone offering basically renders you immune on freeze boxes, thats an option too. For normal situations pop it when danger is nearby.

I will most likely drop Vaal Haste for it, feels overall better for me and the minions
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi-NL9JevOxF-6W3n-a7o-w

My Youtube channel with builds, unique and mechanic discussions etc
Last edited by Milkyslice on Apr 14, 2016, 10:52:44 AM
Yep, been levelling a vaal discipline too. My plan is basically slow and steady for levelling with bone offering and vaal discipline. And if I'm speeding through easy stuff, vaal haste and flesh offering.

Don't have to sell me on temp chains. Feels so fast playing a char without it. Got a 20/20 waiting at lvl 70. May well take hex master too (I like to make sure stuff shooting at me is slowed too)

i have the opposite plan. Yolo til 88, then take a more defensive approach.

Last edited by Milkyslice on Apr 15, 2016, 12:00:01 AM
Urgh, hit a bit of a wall at lvl 57/58.
Thought that I could wade through with low es and minimal life but keep getting wrecked by leapers, perandus packs and chaos.
Probably a playstyle issue - never been great at ES chars without leech/ghost reaver in general.
Will just have to go very carefully and try and grind to 62 - should all be ok then.
Ran around with 2k es/1k life on that lvl, perandus packs were only a bit problematic due to their aoe abilitys which interrupts the recharge.

Temp chains is doing work for me.

Merc lab scares me a little bit, those traps wreck LL/Hybrid, will wait for it till mid 70s.

Decided on Mistress of Sac, That phys reduction and the aura node.
Always overread that the 40% dmg buff after offering only works 4sec and i dont wanna spam the offering that frequently. Its pretty useless if i use it AFTER a pack most of the time.

Its easier to level life based and respecc later into the LL version, but i like to play my chars the way its intended asap ;)

The regular DPS test encounters in Merc were a success:

Hillok couldnt use his sword
Weaver died before climbing up
Every Dominus Phase was dead before Flasks ran out.

On a 5l with pretty cheap gear (maybe 10c combined) around the same lvl of content.

This will only get better with 'real' Flasks, vulnerability, levels/ascendancy nodes and so on.

Last edited by Milkyslice on Apr 15, 2016, 7:56:47 AM
I got wrecked on normal lab! Was a nasty layout yesterday though.

I'm the same, hate having to run a 'levelling' build. Maybe could have specced a bit of life though...

What I'd really like is an increased zombie IQ gem.
The KI seems better than SRS Ki... and those are floating heads :p

My problem with the Zombies is that they follow the Master once they go offscreen

updated summoner section

After seriously considering giving up on it, the build really turns a corner once you hit 70ish. With both curses up on blasphemy it is a lot nice, and can wear some decent ES gear for a bit of surviviability
Bought a pre-bricked 20/20 zombie gem which helps a lot too - once the zombies start one shotting more trash, it just makes clearing a lot smoother, which in turn keeps charges/flask charges up longer.
Makes me wonder if empower might b a better 6th link than crit strikes too (Although would need a 4 off shavs)

Had a bit of difficulty with gearing, capping resists enough to use advancing fortress is tricky. had to switch my neck in the end which meant less ES and had to switch back to taking some stat nodes + took an extra jewel socket (Which I was going to do eventually anyway). Could probably reduce the stat requirements with a less levelled haste/vaal haste if I really wanted though.
Can swap in a better jewel eventually too.
Puts me closer to the flask nodes, still haven't worked out if they actually work for minions with umbilical yet.

It's still more of an interesting build than a great one though. The damage output is OK, but not insane for the investment and the number of issues we have with stuns, freezes and bleeds.
Still need to get my next 2 ascendancies too, but can't see them making a huge difference.

My Current gear at lvl 73

Flasks

Normally use taste of hate instead of second silver, but is being used by my Aegis tank atm. Haven't got a vinktar yet, initialy thought it would be a big part, but not sure now.

ive made other experiences. Ran a few rare T10s with lvl 17 zombies pretty quick, survivability of my char is great, np after the 70s.

I just run circels around perandus packs, they wont hit with any spell, get the curses and get wrecked by the zombies.

The 6th socket has to be a blue for me, will use phys to lightning in Phys reflect maps, minion speed/critchance/pcoc (bosses)/inc aoe for other cases.
I think inc aoe is the best one.

ToH helps a lot, Lions Roar too. Lions roar is pretty cheap and helps against perandus packs, gives overall survivability and extreme dmg against bosses. I just dont use it frequently on normal packs ;)

Tested Vessel and it was not really worth it. Its better to squeeze in a vaal lightning trap if its really needed.

A 2nd shield with VLT for atziri and stuff can be pretty nice, Vaal haste is just better for general mapping.

Overall the clearpeed is decent, but i need some more lvls (~85) and lvl 19 zombies.
So far we have pretty similar gear, the flasks just make a difference (ToH, LR, 30charges silver flask...

The Ascendancys make a difference with 45% minion dmg, 12% atk speed and 8% red phys dmg (also took. chaos golem)

Last edited by Milkyslice on Apr 18, 2016, 8:37:37 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info