[3.5] Say_Ten's Melee Shadow - Murder Everything Cheaply

"
MasterWilhelm wrote:
Bruh. So this was my first ever build in PoE. My girl wanted to try leveling another char because she was disappointed with hers, so I picked up Dark Pact and got a massive hardon for it. I loved it so much I tried two different builds. The second sucked a fat cock, so I killed it and came back to this guy.

Holy absolute shit. I forgot how fucking rad this dude is. At lvl 55, even with moderately decent gear for the level and the approximate life pool of a baby with polio, my life leech is already so fast that I can face tank anything that doesn't one-shot me...assuming I don't lose focus and start attacking the air because everything dies so goddamned fast.

I need to get some better life rolls, but otherwise this is one of the most fun builds I've seen to date. Fuck the meta (whatever that is); this right here is the bidness.

well now here's some straight fuckin glory. keep that shit up and let me know how you're doing in maps.
"
Prof_Koala wrote:
Is there anyone doing this build 85+ level at the moment ?

i'm almost 95.

some guy just messaged me today who is 93.

there are a bunch of dudes, including a lot who have friended me, that are 85+ in harbinger, let alone a bunch more in standard
"
Prof_Koala wrote:
Is there anyone doing this build 85+ level at the moment ?

I'm 89, trying to play smart and hit 90. I'm really not a fantastic player and I miss being able to grind Dried Lakes. You probably won't believe me, but I actually got two chars to 89/90 via mostly Dried Lakes grinding. 1000-yard-stare, no joke.

What's up?

/popcorn always, because people
"
Say_Ten wrote:
poorjoy's is no fucking joke. i run that map carefully. you have to whirl and insta-fuck packs, the most dangerous things being corpse explosions from the labcoat guys since the monsters have a lot of life. otherwise you can use LS from a distance but just ALWAYS BEWARE OF THE CORPSES. especially if you get hit by one of those vulnerability whippers, you're dead in one shot without a lot of life.

but yes, you should work on the gear a bit. i can help you level if you need to. hit me up.

Thanks, that makes me feel a lot better. The rapidity with which I would die is what caught me off guard. Loving the carnage, feeling like a badass and them boom dead. And yeah you're right about the corpses, that's an instant death for me @ 4800 life. I have serious trouble seeing the corpses, however. I wish the environment were just a little brighter. That may be an intentional part of the design, though.

I did send you an add in-game, thanks for the offer! If I see you on sometime, I'll holler. Regarding gear, I have 12Ex liquid now, and a few more needing to be liquified. I thought about getting a Vulnerability on Hit Shaper's Touch but realized that would kill my PC generation (no Assassin's Mark) so.... Not sure what to get. 12Ex isn't going to get a claw good enough to make me really feel the investment was worth it, and being as anal as I am, I'd want two of them. I suppose I need to do some searches for res & life rares, that seems most useful. Tempted to use my passive @ 90 when I get there and also taking back one 5% life node and getting Cloth and Chain elemental resists node under Duelist as a stop-gap fix. I feel like +15% resists would do much more good than 5% life.
/popcorn always, because people
Last edited by deadamaranth on Sep 18, 2017, 10:08:40 PM
"
deadamaranth wrote:

I did send you an add in-game, thanks for the offer! If I see you on sometime, I'll holler. Regarding gear, I have 12Ex liquid now, and a few more needing to be liquified. I thought about getting a Vulnerability on Hit Shaper's Touch but realized that would kill my PC generation (no Assassin's Mark) so.... Not sure what to get. 12Ex isn't going to get a claw good enough to make me really feel the investment was worth it, and being as anal as I am, I'd want two of them. I suppose I need to do some searches for res & life rares, that seems most useful. Tempted to use my passive @ 90 when I get there and also taking back one 5% life node and getting Cloth and Chain elemental resists node under Duelist as a stop-gap fix. I feel like +15% resists would do much more good than 5% life.

IMO your boots are your best item. One of the best enchants on them too.

You should be upgrading everything. You could even buy a better rolled BoR, possibly with a DS or LS enchant already on it. There is a guy selling one with 15% DS attack speed and it's not that expensive at all.

Your jewelry is pretty bad. I even have one of my old unset rings I could sell you.

Rare gloves > Shaper's Touch

As far as the belt...obviously good, but you are missing out on over 100 base life, which you should cease doing immediately =D.

Do the weapons last.
Hey Dual Strikers!

As mentioned a few posts back, I'm trying the "almost" same build, besides I'm using double Varunastra with Deadly Dilletantes talent. My build isn't finished (thx to RNG god for 6linking, wasting alot of currency on fusing for my belly - reason for belly is HP) I have a Starkonjas Head with 40% Dual Strike (YAY RNG GOD? no I bought it... with decent life roll:) )

I have almost 100k dps with just Hatred and Ash. So my dmg is below the stats I had with my BoR, which isn't surprising (6/7L helmet > 5L chest)

This build so far feels pretty safe. I have 5.5k HP and my res. are on 110/130 which is nice.

I kept struggeling in lvl to 90, since I did just the high end maps, and kept diying. This evening I'll do some more high end maps and will report to my new 5L Item build. DMG aint everything as a bad player :D ...

What you guys think about my "build"? Any questions or suggestions?

Best,
Bob
Say_Ten,

Looks like a super fun build; thanks for putting it together and maintaining it.

I'm thinking about trying it, but am curious about one thing. How has it fared in 3.0 Harbinger versus the guardians and Shaper?
"
Marniac wrote:
Say_Ten,

Looks like a super fun build; thanks for putting it together and maintaining it.

I'm thinking about trying it, but am curious about one thing. How has it fared in 3.0 Harbinger versus the guardians and Shaper?

marniac-bro...covered that in the FAQ, but...

i have a shaper set (ran all the guardians) but haven't run the shaper (nor have i run uber atziri yet) this league. i have been grinding T14-T15 maps for currency and casual xp til i hit 95 and then i will run all the guardian maps i have amassed.

however, staying away from shit mods, you can faceroll the guardians as long as you dodge their super attacks. probably the deadliest things about all of them is not the guardians themselves, but other stupid shit (ice balls in hydra, falling rocks and electric beams in minotaur, adds in chimera and...well, phoenix is kind of a joke aside from maybe running out of flask charges.

if you're not a seasoned player, make life a priority over DPS (this build has plenty of it) and get good with whirling blades and timing your attacks and using flasks.

if you have more/specific questions, let me know.
Last edited by Say_Ten on Sep 19, 2017, 12:37:27 PM
Hey Say_Ten! Firstly, I wanna say thank you for making this build guide and being a massive help to everyone here, that's really cool of you. I was hoping to get some help myself... I'm struggling with surviving T10+ maps, I feel like I just get one shot randomly. Usually I can do just fine but there is always 1 small thing that just OKO's me. Also, I'm not sure how to boost my damage closer to yours... hovering at 80k buffed without charges/flasks.

Here is my POB pastebin link for my current tree (https://pastebin.com/XjK2sBum)

Spoiler

I'd appreciate any sort of help :]
Hakkaa päälle pohjan poika!
Last edited by LowKeeee on Sep 19, 2017, 1:16:05 PM
"
LowKeeee wrote:
Hey Say_Ten! Firstly, I wanna say thank you for making this build guide and being a massive help to everyone here, that's really cool of you. I was hoping to get some help myself... I'm struggling with surviving T10+ maps, I feel like I just get one shot randomly. Usually I can do just fine but there is always 1 small thing that just OKO's me. Also, I'm not sure how to boost my damage closer to yours... hovering at 80k buffed without charges/flasks.

Here is my POB pastebin link for my current tree (https://pastebin.com/XjK2sBum)

Spoiler

I'd appreciate any sort of help :]

Specific to dying, can you not identify what is killing you with any certainty? Are you running shitty map mods? Do you have at least 5000 life and capped resists? Are you keeping fortify up?

Suggestions:

1) get a better rolled Might and Influence (it goes up to 15%)...I have a couple but they are cheap

2) get a better enchant on your BoR (buy one with a decent life roll or try to roll yours)

3) get better jewels (see my guide)...i believe i have some of these i could sell you as well

4) your amulet has a low phys roll and no crit or crit multi

5) your belt has a lot of life but only 1 resist. i have some cheap belts that might hold you over until you find something better

666) boots are decent but eventually you'll want more resists on them. plus there is no lab enchant on them

7) your gloves have a low phys roll and no attack speed...but at least they are decent

8) flasks are fine. lion's roar doesn't annoy you with the knockback? i guess it would be a little better with LS but it may get you into some trouble if you are "chasing" monsters/bosses into shit you don't want to be in

9) ditch the extra power charges on your tree to grab the jewel socket below the duelist or do that plus ditch one of your 5% life nodes to go grab Constitution in the Scion life wheel

10) your weapons have no extra base crit. at least one of them has crit multi on it but you can do a lot better for cheap. your current claws are ~260pdps. search on trade for 1.75aps, 7.5 crit, 260pdps...or even for now just buy two cheap wasp nest claws.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info