[2.2] DaEagle's budget Mjölnerphant (Hierophant mjölner with discharge and triple-curse blasphemy)

Regarding the patch-notes:

I haven't had the opportunity to test yet, but I'am pretty sure it is a tooltip change on the first row in the skill-description:
Gain power-charge on kill => Gain power-charge when you or your totem kills an enemy.

The 25% to gain endurance-charge when you gain a power-charge should be unaffected.
Last edited by DaEagle on Apr 13, 2016, 7:52:19 AM
Just tested, it is just a tooltip modification, we still get the endurance charges.

On a side topic, does anyone have better equip for this build than this:

Overall, current equip looks something like this:

I'm using reckoning and vengeance to create more procs of Mjolnir for free, and by using the loh on the two gems i gain a lot of sustain extra. Also, I'm planning on swapping out molten shell for a lightning golem as soon as i get my hand on one, as we already level that codt.
Any tips on improving performance and reducing the mjölner lag apart from investing in a better pc?

specs
Intel Core i7 4770K @ 3.50GHz Haswell 22nm Technology
8,00Gt Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 799MHz (9-9-9-27)
2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 (ASUStek Computer Inc)

improved the belt, anyones got a trires angelic kite shield with life?
Looks good @Wardener!

Two questions:
- What's the benefit of a angelic kite-shield over a spirit-shield?
- Do you find reckoning/vengeance better than vaal-haste with increased duration, have you tried both?

@bood3e: Try setting graphics to the lowest, also check the anti-lag meassures section in the first post :)

I'm trying to cap ress, and i find it really hard without that all el resistance. With my current equip i'm sitting at 46/75/72, thoug i have a trires bels, a dual res boots, and a dual rex + allres implicit and explicit on the shield. Admittedly, the rolls are not the best, but don't have the currency to find a better shield, as i've just geared up for this build XD my next buy is a better shield for the ress to try to cap them, which shouldn't be too difficult. That said, the spirit shield is BiS if it has high resistances; other wise i get the vibe that that +12% all res makes the difference in capping with mediocre items.

I haven't tried vaal haste for dps nor vaal grace for survivability, but i personally don't like vaal skills due to their limitations. The difference between the two trigger gems and the haste boils down to choosing between DPS and survivability, and as a personal choice i'm always gonna pick the latter, though i guess its a matter of taste. Also, i was thinking about picking up some shield related nodes, with a passive tree that looks something like this, to make use of the tempest shield rather than a golem ( tempest shield should proc orb of storms, so it should increase dps as well :p )

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAUCAAHcBFEEswUtBjkJqgthDF8M9xEPEuEUIBZAFy8Yaho4Gj4cpx0UJy8t0i_MOlg7DTwtPQ9AoEGHR35PfVAwUEdRYFOlVcZV1lgHWG1Z818_YSFkM2SjZOdlTWZUZp5nm2haaPJvO3IPcql07XfjeC95OXloeu982XzlfuKAVoCkg1-DzIPbhNmE74V9i4yPRpBVlG-boZ8-ogCi6qluqZWsmKyqrK-uPq79r2yvp7c-vTa-p8AawGbAmsC_wQTBgsS4xPbGrtX42L3Z_NrB217kUenV7C7vDu_r8B_yL_MG9zL31_nd-ej60vuq_go=?accountName=DaEagle&characterName=Traekepsen

This should complement the lack of elemental resistances on one of the pieces equipped, and should allow to use shields such as the lioneye's remorse, giving us a block chance of at least 40%, and a whole load of extra armour.
Last edited by Wardener on Apr 14, 2016, 4:11:17 PM
I was honestly considering sacrificing some life even to get some shield relative passives, and proc using the tempest shield, will try that at higher levels, as i don't have the points atm.
@Wardener:

as DaEagle mentioned in the guide already, the Kingsguard Chest might not be the best choice.
This build needs specific items to work at thats why we are a bit limited.
In my opinion you need resistance an the following items:
- belt (cold, fire, light)
- boots (atleast 2 of 3 res)
- Shield (atleast 2 of 3 res)
- chest (atleast 2 of 3 res)
for missing resitance you just pick jewels like:
and ofcourse pick the all res nodes from the passive skill tree.

Although I play this build in a bit different way - you might want to check my char Xorlac:
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/elbramso/characters

I see what you mean. It's just that those 500 points of armor and life gain on the kingsguard are quite alluring :P That said, with a level 90 char, its possible to reach 56% block chance, and about 42% spell block chance, by using a Lioneye's remorse and a Saffel's frames (plus any block chance on the jewels, that wouldnt have to include resistances anymore due to the already high 43% ele res from the tree, which can easily amount to a 6% to 12% more, nearly reaching the block cap). The reason why i'm mentioning this two shields it's because the Lioneye's with the skill tree i posted a few posts ago provides 2000+ armor alone, increasing the physical mitigation from 37 to 52%, allowing to face tank many more enemies, and the Saffel's frame is really useful, though admittedly situational. This setup would allow for much more survivability albeith far less damage; but it has an-inbuilt 28 increased all elem res, and it can proc trigger skills much more reliably. Also, as previously mentioned, the tempest shield procs orb of storms, so overall i'm not 100% sure the DPS drop would be significant.

As soon as I hit level 75 i'll start specking into shield block, and we'll see how that goes.

P.s. A ratpith globe could also. Be pretty beneficial, capping at around 55% block chance and 33% spell block chance at the same time.
Last edited by Wardener on Apr 15, 2016, 3:25:33 AM
Ok got your point.
I guess it just depends on personal preferences and playstyle.
I'm currently running T9 maps as for best exp/h and I'm not in danger of dying.

With only 3,7k hp and 450hp/sec mapping feels pretty solid.
I play poe since 5 weeks, so I don't have that much exp in running high-end builds :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info