[2.2] DaEagle's budget Mjölnerphant (Hierophant mjölner with discharge and triple-curse blasphemy)

"
JoeODanger wrote:
I have all this stuff sitting around my stash minus the Mjol, and I haven't bothered to look at Mjols these last few leagues; surprised they are so cheap these days! I think I want to give this a go, so thanks for writing this up.

After RT and Mara area, would you path up to Witch first or Duelist? I imagine it's not too bad to hit 300 int with Astra so I don't know if all the int nodes should be rushed pre-60.

Last question- you think the 8% attack speed buff in Pursuit of Faith might be worth using ancestral over orb? I haven't gotten to play with a higher level orb yet, but Ancestral was doing half of my earthquake damage on a 3 link so it can get pretty beefy.

I was surprised about the cheap Mjölner too, think it has to do with the premium stash-tab saturating the market :)

I would go:
1. Art of the gladiator for speed
2. Make sure you get Resolute technique + Sovreignity + Whispers of Doom for when you can equip Mjölner. You don't want Resolute Technique at all until you have Mjölner.
3. Take the Charges + other good nodes around them, such Cruel Preparation and jewel-slots when going for the powercharge node in the witch area, and Golem's blood + jewel slot when you take the endurance-node in the duelist area.

The charge-nodes are not THAT important, you could destroy maps up till tier 10 with just 3 charges of each :)

Attack speed helps buff the orb-dps too, since all hits will generate orb-damage. On bosses they will all hit the boss. But it's up to you to try ofcourse. I find totems to die all the time vs perandus-chests, while the orb always does it's job.

ps.
- Added some thoughts about body armor in the gear-section.
- Added alternative shield setup with vaal-haste and no minion life.
Last edited by DaEagle on Mar 19, 2016, 1:19:02 PM
Is this build hc viable?

Well, got to 60 and it works great, but I do want to point out: holy hell discharge and LS are lag city. Other than that, and leveling getting a little rough between 45-60, once you equip Mjolner and your rings, works like a charm.
I've been working on my own version of the build, focused on Mind over Matter synergy. It's still a work in progress however.

Gear
Spoiler

Current level 79 Tree

6 Power Charges + 5 Endurance Charges

So 40% of damage goes to ES before our life, giving us a nice HP buffer. The problem is that there is no way to regen the es, i'm considering speccing into ghost reaver to remedy this. Also considering swapping out the belt for a better rare es/lifer one.

Currently Running Discipline, arctic armour and warlord's mark for auras.
IGN: Standard League - Dark_Captain
Last edited by lDantonl on Mar 22, 2016, 8:12:08 AM
Hardcore mode
Q: Is this build HC viable?
A: I would have to say no. Atleast I die to reflect sometimes.

Anti-lag meassures
Situation 1:
You spam lightning-strike onto a large group of monsters and at the same time you are too far away for discharge.
- Move closer to the big group of monsters, then press lightning-strike once and they will all die.

Situation 2:
You spam lightning-strike onto immune monsters (this is the worst one).
- Make sure you are close to the source of the immunity, such as the totem or rare-mob. Press lightning strike once and they all die.

Situation 3:
There's loads of monsters, there might be some that are immune, or few monsters close and lots of monsters out of discharge/curse-range.
- Use molten strike and kill off smaller chunks of monsters.

IT STILL LAGS!
- Replace arc with controlled destruction, you will still kill fast enough and single-target (bosses) will die even faster.

Updates:
-Added helm option.
-Updated shield option.
-Update passives for level 87 (Removed light and divinity, added skittering runes and another jewel slot).
-Added anti-lag measures to main post.
Last edited by DaEagle on Mar 21, 2016, 1:38:18 PM
take faith and steel and u can use inspired learning and u have a mini headhunter :P
▒█▀▀█ █▀▀█ █▀▀ █▀▀ █▀▀   ▒█▀▄▀█ G O O D MTX Seal of Quality
▒█▄▄█ █▄▄▀ █▀▀ ▀▀█ ▀▀█   ▒█▒█▒█ O Verified by M-posting, Inc.
▒█░░░ ▀░▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀   ▒█░░▒█ Y
"
take faith and steel and u can use inspired learning and u have a mini headhunter :P

Excellent idea, will try it out and update later.
"

Inspired learning works great.
Added your idea to the build. The second tree which is more tweaked (my current passive-tree).
Last edited by DaEagle on Mar 23, 2016, 6:08:59 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ci9UUp4gCOk

Lab clear, I am using Inquisitor though, I suggest you look at RF it doubles damages and should be easy to sustain :)
Addes two videos, both can also be found in the main post.

Tier 12 Shipyard map with enfeeble (good quality)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQ-_esX8JCI

Tier 12 Arsenal map twinned and temporal chains (good quality)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICOoffKqJxE

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info