[2.5] Baelrog's Abyssal Cry Berserker - Send the whole screen to the Abyss with one attack.

Note, Attack Damage (such as from Dreamfeather) does not double-dip. DoT damage is not Attack damage. Glad to see this build's still alive and kicking, and making use of the 'coolest' Breach unique!
builds: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1663570/
Damn, thats some key information that I misunderstood, good to know and thanks a lot. I will have to do some recalculations in that case, because a flat added chaos weapons might actually be better!
I just built a character in breach league thanks to this great guide! Just cleared merc lab at level 73 and it felt a lot easier to do than with my lvl 87 arc elementalist.
my gear if anyone is interested

obviously have to upgrade flasks first then rings

This build plays a bit differently from what I'm used to. I still feel like I haven't gotten the hang of it, especially in hectic situations like boss fights or breaches. In breaches I feel like I waste my cries and forget to keep up flask effects, but I guess I will get the hang of it after clearing some maps.

If you have some time here are some questions

I see that on one of your rings you have -8 cost of mana skills. I don't have a ring with this affix and experience the problem that I don't have enough mana to cast a cry after blade whirling around. Do you also have that problem if you remove that ring or do you also have to use a mana flask for that purpose?
Related to that, could you add your flasks to your gear section, and maybe also your jewels?

Also how do boss fights work with this build? you run in, place a totem, pop flasks, abyssal cry and start attacking with blade flurry? You say that you have a 3%-4% chance of being hit, so there's no real reason to try and get out of the way of the bosses attacks?

Also it was quite surprising to me that you don't have the Phase Acrobatics Keytone. Is this just because you already may out spell dodge with with atziri's steps? I don't use those, do you think it would be a good idea for me to have Phase Acrobatics?

Last questions, were you able to do uber lab, atziri, uber atziri or the shaper with this build?

Thanks again for the build guide!
Last edited by blurgh on Jan 13, 2017, 10:09:52 AM
I have been theorycrafting a Evasion/Life based VP berserker that uses AB and poison via Cospiri's Will, and slotting the 4L in a Delirium'd Gloves for the 30% MORE DoT affix.

Abyssal Cry + Inc AoE + Rapid Decay + Void Manipulation.

I scale AB damage to about ~300% double dipping damage from the tree and jewels. This with Berserker and Void manipulation make AB do 60% of corpse life as damage. Then... after 520% double dip damage / DoT damage from the tree and witchfire brew flask, this ends up doing 30% of exploded corpses life per second to poisoned enemies... which then gets multiplied by berserker 1.4 * void manipulation 1.4 * rapid decay 1.4 * delirium 1.3 * Vulnerability from Witchfire 1.33 for a more total of 4.7x, which means 30% * 4.7 = 140% exploded life per second as poison. With the Warcry duration and 90% skill effect duration from the tree, the poison lasts 5.6 seconds for a total of ~800% corpse life as damage over the full term of the poison. Basically... map bosses with say 10 adds are taking 8000% of an adds life over 5.6 seconds.

Now, I was also planning on DW Obliterations for 40% chance to cause target to explode for 20% of life as chaos; I can't support that effect with anything but it still gets scaled from the tree and berserker, and then the poison gets scaled normally since we are using Cospiri's Will to poison. That ends up causing initial explosions in excess of 100% corpse life, and poison of 180% / second for 3.9 seconds. I came up with this idea because I had heard (and briefly experimenting it looks correct), that Obliteration and Abyssal Cry explosions stack on the same mobs. Anyone have any insight on that? If they don't I could just do Consuming Dark + Breath of the Council for poison and chaos damage since the AB cry damage is good enough.

These numbers aren't taking into account anything other than tree and then witchfire / delirium. I would also probably run temp chains which would increase poison duration 40% (or maybe just drop the skiff effect nodes from tree and use it).

My kill skill would probably be ED since I am already scaling a lot of chaos and DoT; Might even make it Wither - Cwc - ED for the Wither % increased chaos damage taken.
@blurgh:

Mana Q: The -X mana cost with skills (Elreon mod) makes a huge difference. With it you wont have any of these mana problems, so no mana flask necessary. If I wouldn't have to use it I would have used a Doedre's Damning for an extra curse.

Flask Q: My Flasks are actually in the guide. The two not listed are just standard instant life flasks. Overall, proper flask use is a skill you will need to learn to reach the maximum potential of this build (this is true for a lot of builds though).

Boss fights Q: Pretty much; you go in with Vaal Grace on. In melee pop flask instantly (this way the smoke cloud from stibnite will blind) and slam wither totem (on tough fights only). If adds are around use AB and kill 1. Then start using BF and release every time you hit 6 stacks to unleash the burst. I pretty much face-tank most bosses, only ones that deal damage over time effects can be dangerous. Melee bosses, in most fights, wont even hit me once. Spell will sometimes still hit. You don't want to move too much anyway, because this will deactivate the Arctic Armour damage reduction.

Phase Acrobatics Q: You already gain PA from your chest, the Perfect Form. It wont stack with the node from the tree, so that would be a wasted point.

Last question: So far I did Uber Lab multiple times, never died, very easy. Even carried friends. Killed Atziri with ease. Didnt try uber, shaper I killed. Damage is fine for guardians, only Poison immunity is a real pain (Hydra and Chimera). Not all of these fights will be face-roll, you will still need to manage your flasks properly, but with decent playing you should be fine.

_________________________________________________________________________________

EDIT for the Second part:

@Kartikeya:

When redesigning this build I considered using Essence Drain + Cast when Channeling + Void Manipulation + Increased Duration + Rapid Decay as a single target skill. Also with consuming dark and breath of the counsel. My biggest fear was that the defenses would be enough for stuff like guardians, thats why I chose to go with the version in the guide. For me the speed granted by whirling blades also a big quality of life improvement.

I believe that Obliteration does stack with abyssal cry (think I read this somewhere once). I would just recommend not going overboard on this type of stuff too much, because going up more in explosion damage when you already deal 800% monster life as damage wont add much in a practical sense. Your better off investing in single target damage or defenses.
Last edited by Baelrog on Jan 14, 2017, 9:34:14 AM
I'm very interested in this build as it reminds me of warcry barb of Diablo 2 (i know, quite different lol) I was wondering if you had some kind of leveling directions for leveling. Also, how did you level? Using firestorm?
I simply leveled using Blade Flurry, combined with melee leveling uniques. Skilltree-wise going for the Berserking and Chaos Damage nodes first. Elreon ring is also amazing for this type of leveling. Pretty much follow the pathing below. I used Brute Force Solution in first jewel slot relieve all Int requirements.

Leveling Tree

Last edited by Baelrog on Jan 15, 2017, 4:01:42 PM
"
Baelrog wrote:
I simply leveled using Blade Flurry, combined with melee leveling uniques. Skilltree-wise going for the Berserking and Chaos Damage nodes first. Elreon ring is also amazing for this type of leveling. Pretty much follow the pathing below. I used Brute Force Solution in first jewel slot relieve all Int requirements.

Leveling Tree

Thanks a lot man, looks like i'll build some currency to buy some items required. Gonna try this in Hardcore Breach. I'm not looking to farm the top-end endgame stuff, so being around 6k life should be fine.
No problem, I would recommend picking a few more life nodes in that case. Dropping Method to Madness and berserking to get Think Skin and life nodes at Written in Blood.
Yeah i will probably add some more life nodes. Maybe go with a shield setup too. If so, that would mean breath of the council with what shield preferably?

This build looks a bit confusing for a returning player, but i'm really interested in pushing it the best i can. Quite hyped too since i sold some good items and have currency to start him up quite nicely :) .

Edit: And since i'm on hc, would that put Cherrubim's Maleficence as top chest choice?
Last edited by Bloodhatred on Jan 15, 2017, 6:59:07 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info