[2.5] Baelrog's Abyssal Cry Berserker - Send the whole screen to the Abyss with one attack.

Hey guys, its nice to hear that you are enjoying the build, or the concept. Breath of the Counsel is absolute beast for this build, best in slot if you ask me. And a great replacement for Varunastra - RIP :'(

I don't think Mutewind Pennant is worth it. The opportunity cost is to high if you ask me. A good rare shield gives so much defense.

Warbringer buff is indeed amazing. Speaking of buffs, I should be updating the guide to reflect the two additional Ascendancy Points! The extra life leech is amazing with 100% increased leech rate.
Last edited by Baelrog on Jun 13, 2016, 8:38:19 PM
Alright, well, I'm about done with this character, and I don't think I'll make a guide myself, so I'll post my gear, tree, and links here.

Sitting at 5k2 life, 2k mana (MoM build), 8k eva or so. Enough damage to one-shot high-tier mobs in solo play, which is all I really need.

The build was super-cheap to get off the ground. I started with Singularity which looks totally badass by the way, got a near-perfect damage/cast speed roll for 7c on day 2, and got my chest for 5c on day 4 or something, 5-linked it myself. The rest of the gear was 1.5ex-ish total. I dunno, it felt like I barely spent any money at all on this build, and now I'm sitting on hundreds of chaos that I don't know what to do with. Great MF build!

gear
and one 58% Clear Mind jewel
The next gear to get is some good boots with the uber stun avoidance on kill enchant, after that, 6-link.
I keep an Essence Worm with Grace to swap for Doedre's when I'm partying with a real curser.

links
abyssal - inc aoe - void manip - poison
bladefall - added chaos - conc effect - void manip - poison (- faster casting)
cwdt (Lv.10) - temp chains (13) - enfeeble (13) - vortex (1)
blood rage - vaal lightning trap - inc duration
lightning warp - faster casting - less duration
and then enduring cry in there somewhere, for a low-mana warcry to refill life/mana. Warcry duration is not bad on enduring cry!
builds: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1663570/
I'm playing your build in HC and while it scales very well I feel the single target is still lacking, I think a caster variant with either ED or bladefall conc effect might be better in this regard. However the defenses and tankiness are far different for that build. It would basically be a ED / contagion build replacing contagion and focusing on the big initial hit of ED rather than the huge DoT (though both would get buffed by chaos.)

Here's the tree I came up with

http://poeurl.com/GJx

I will probably stick with the melee variant since i'd need about 40 regrets to respec at this point. Good food for thought though.
"
OddNawlins26 wrote:
I'm playing your build in HC and while it scales very well I feel the single target is still lacking, I think a caster variant with either ED or bladefall conc effect might be better in this regard. However the defenses and tankiness are far different for that build. It would basically be a ED / contagion build replacing contagion and focusing on the big initial hit of ED rather than the huge DoT (though both would get buffed by chaos.)

Here's the tree I came up with

http://poeurl.com/GJx

I will probably stick with the melee variant since i'd need about 40 regrets to respec at this point. Good food for thought though.
You should take a look at my bladefall version. The damage is totally sufficient, I one-shot Springs Alira the other day with Abyssal Cry and even without mobs, Bladefall Conc can kill bosses in 5-8 casts. Vaal Lightning Trap is SO good for damage, if you're not using it you really should. It gives 50% double-dipping more damage, that's 125% more Poison damage (and poison is more than half the dps of my build).

For defenses I go eva + acro. It feels pretty safe, although I am looking to get the boot enchant that gives 80% chance to avoid stun. But I can do end-game maps without much trouble.
builds: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1663570/
"
OddNawlins26 wrote:
I'm playing your build in HC and while it scales very well I feel the single target is still lacking

I'm really surprised to hear this. I didn't experience low single target DPS at all. All bosses I fought (with no adds) died within 15 seconds or so. I would like to second what ThatsSoGoodman said, I'm also a big fan of Vaal Lighting Trap. As a three link with Increased Duration and GMP, it adds a lot of DPS. Also the new Voidheart is very strong with this build, this way you could replace the Poison Support linked to Earthquake with Rapid Decay.

The lack of availability of Varunastra might be the reason you have DPS issues. What kind of weapon are you using instead?
Last edited by Baelrog on Jun 18, 2016, 3:34:39 PM
hiho,

build works so far in hc (68 start mapping), but i have no clue, why ure using desecrate!?
its an chaos dmg void, i know, u put it under bosses to get some extra deeps?!
I don't use desecrate. How did you get the impression I did? Desecrate isn't really something that has any place in this build.
i saw it in ur Gem-Links. but its now updated ;-)

decreased duration (less duration) maybe i read it the wrong way.

its a nice build. i died last night @ reflect map :D didnt see the mod. cleared around 80% of the map without any probs (only determination aura running), but the invulnerabel totem shots me down, because the cry-explosion and life gain after kill didnt happend.

ill try it nxt season again.
Yeah, I think that must be it, I don't recall even ever using desecrate. Anyway, sorry to hear that your ripped. Normally I replace Conc. Effect with Physical to Lightning to deal with maps that have the mod. If it was just a rare with the mod it shouldn't be a problem, but PoE can throw some nasty combinations at you at random.
Hey Baelrog,
i stumbled upon your build when i tried to make a build with a very similiar theme.
I want a high single Target skill that is supported by Abyssal Cry to clear the AOE packs. I feel shadow would be a stronger choice with toxious delivery, but the surviveability with shadow is something i have no experience with. However, props to you for doing a less famous build
and a short question:

What's the point of linking a poison-gem to abyssal cry, since the initial cry does no damage and cant apply poison?

If it explodes the pack should be dead 10 times, especially since damage overlaps.
If you want to pull the pack it into a boss, you would do 20% of all damage apply as poison over 2 seconds. Nevertheless, would Concentrated effects not be stronger then? It's what i wanted to use.
Last edited by Philkingz on Jul 5, 2016, 4:50:15 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info