[2.5] Baelrog's Abyssal Cry Berserker - Send the whole screen to the Abyss with one attack.

Well, you would need a significantly different build. Many nodes that are picked up scale melee weapon damage, and you need to set off the first kill to cause the chain reaction. Thats why I went for earth quake with conc effect, is has high initial hit damage. Furthermore, AC forces you to go in the middle of groups, so best to have you initiator also center on you. If your really want to use a spell I would go with one of the physical ones or essence drain. It should work just fine.
"
Baelrog wrote:
Well, you would need a significantly different build. Many nodes that are picked up scale melee weapon damage, and you need to set off the first kill to cause the chain reaction. Thats why I went for earth quake with conc effect, is has high initial hit damage. Furthermore, AC forces you to go in the middle of groups, so best to have you initiator also center on you. If your really want to use a spell I would go with one of the physical ones or essence drain. It should work just fine.

I see. I should change something to make it work with spells, i dont think it will be a big problem: blade vortex itself has a good damage even without many passive points or great gear.

But i was wondering: what about the bosses without a pack of mobs around? What do you do against them?
Last edited by Serge91 on May 7, 2016, 12:29:08 PM
You pretty much need enough damage to have 1 monster explode. So, for clearing maps in general you wont need much damage. In the case of lone Bosses, this is why I picked Earthquake. It has strong damage and can be linked with concentrate for really good single target DPS. Moreover, an advantage of going melee is that many shield nodes also provide offensive bonuses, which makes picking them efficient. This efficiency is lost when you don't use a melee skill.

If I would build this with a spell, I would either pick Bladefall or Essence Drain. The former can be linked with conc effect, the letter is by itself very strong single target spell.
have you recorded any videos of it in action? I'd love to see.
Yes, its actually in the guide.
Thanks for adding the video, I'm glad it worked out, even if a bit choppy. But eh, I've seen worse videos and it serves its purpose :)
I'm playing this build in PSC (that's Prophecy, not Perandus of course) and wow, the damage and aoe is beyond absurd. I'm using Bladefall as my "trigger" skill, it's also my single-target.

Bladefall + Added Chaos + Poison + Conc Effect + Void Manipulation is giving me 9k tooltip dps, which makes no sense because I melt bosses in a matter of seconds if not instantly. The hardest map I did so far was a chilled ground, twinned Malformation with No Regen and a damage mod on top. Double Piety wasn't even that bad.

Most bosses die instantly, of course, when I explode all the mobs around them. I think bosses have about 50x as much life as normal mobs do, and my Abyssal Cry does about 500% of a mob's health, including poison damage, if the target is shocked. Doing Aquaducts runs, I can just explode the magic mobs around the big vulture boss and maybe bladefall 1 or 2 more times to be sure, and the boss dies.

Also the buffed War Bringer node is just bonkers, I basically have an instant hybrid flask every 2 seconds (and I'm MoM, so it gives a looot of eHP).

Well, I could gush on about this build, but suffice it to say that the build is tanky as hell and clears entire screens at a time, and I'm having a blast!

Spoiler
no pun intended

Oh yeah, also, this thing is pretty good for Abyssal Cry
builds: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1663570/
I recommend giving these two items a shot

Mutewind - Im not 100% sold on, but the aoe is pretty nice if you dont need to many stats from your off-hand

Singularity is a beast; the stacking slows makes it impossible to get hit while clearing...also abyssal applies hindered so the 80% damage increase is up permanently

Looking at it now, I might just dual-wield Singularity and Breath of the Council...could be fun
"
LoCicero wrote:
I recommend giving these two items a shot

Mutewind - Im not 100% sold on, but the aoe is pretty nice if you dont need to many stats from your off-hand

Singularity is a beast; the stacking slows makes it impossible to get hit while clearing...also abyssal applies hindered so the 80% damage increase is up permanently

Looking at it now, I might just dual-wield Singularity and Breath of the Council...could be fun
I played Singularity until I could buy a Breath, never looked back. My only regret is that Singularity looks boss as fuck, while Breath has no 3D art at all :(

So you know, the 80% increased damage on Sing. does NOT double dip on poison unless I'm mistaken. Conditional modifiers can't apply to damage over time. Same reason why Hypothermia doesn't double-dip. That's really where Breath shines, you get a massive amount of Inc Chaos damage that does double-dip.

...Wow, just checked PoE, Mutewinds are seriously 1c for a good roll?? Okay, well, I guess I'll take it! 20% inc aoe feels pretty nice, and I definitely don't mind getting 110% increased chaos damage from weapons, either!

YUMMM how did Abyssal get so buffed this patch?
builds: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1663570/
Playing the build in Prophecy HC right now, too.

Using Abyssal Cry in a pseudo 5 Link

Spoiler

With dual curse

Spoiler

and just recently added a spell totem - whither setup as well

Spoiler

Im at tier 5 maps lvl 75 currently and no troubles so far:)

Having a blast playing this build and slightly modifying it as I go into endgame everytime is so much fun!:)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info