[2.5] Baelrog's Abyssal Cry Berserker - Send the whole screen to the Abyss with one attack.

Thank you for your reply. Which unique one-handed sword, dagger or claw do you recommend to level with?
Start with using the Blood Thorn > at 15 use Bloodplay > Lakishu's Blade (lvl 28) > Innsbury Edge (lvl 47) > Dreamfeather (lvl 66). Look for high attack speed rolls.
For off-hand you have a couple of options: Lavianga's Wisdom (lvl 20) > Relentless Fury (lvl 29) > The Gryphon (lvl 32) > The Dark Seer (lvl 32) > Breath of the Counsil (lvl 66).

Karui Ward and Charge (lvl 25) are also great.
Hi Baelrog,

I've been really enjoying your build and trying to get it to maximum potential. I recently switched from dreamfeather to the scourge and the damage seems insane. Have you tried it? What is your opinion?

Thanks!
Well because I initially mistakenly thought Dreamfeather +% Attack Damage double dipped, I disregarded the Scourge, but with that being false the Scourge is a pretty solid choice. So, I did the Math and the results are:

Dreamfeather without Flasks up: 184K DPS
Dreamfeather with Flasks up: 246K DPS
----------------------------------------
The Scourge: 224K DPS (Evasion bonus from Flasks no longer influences the DPS).

In conclusion, they are kind of equal in the end. Up to preference, I would say. I don't like the wolves the Scourge summons though, they are more of an liability than anything else.
"
Baelrog wrote:
Well because I initially mistakenly thought Dreamfeather +% Attack Damage double dipped, I disregarded the Scourge, but with that being false the Scourge is a pretty solid choice. So, I did the Math and the results are:

Dreamfeather without Flasks up: 184K DPS
Dreamfeather with Flasks up: 246K DPS
----------------------------------------
The Scourge: 224K DPS (Evasion bonus from Flasks no longer influences the DPS).

In conclusion, they are kind of equal in the end. Up to preference, I would say. I don't like the wolves the Scourge summons though, they are more of an liability than anything else.

Funny thing is, The Scourge is 155 chaos at the cheapest on Bhc. I got my dreamfeather for 1 fuse...

By the way, i'm level 68 now. With proper gear on, the damage did skyrocket :) But also, i am a lot more tankier, thanks to the passives, free arctic armor etc.. Thing is, i'm one level away from wearing atziri's foots, and i'm still not using the amulet. When i equip both of those, my resistances will take a nosedive, leaving only the gloves, helm and rings/belt for res. My cold res is already 10% only in merciless, and i still kill too quick before anything really gets me. I'm in act 3 at the moment, but that switch to the amulet and boots scare me a bit.
Hey, I am also running this build right now. Kripp really put this build in the spotlight :)

I was messing around last night with a Cospri's Will, trying to test what chest is better and I accidently 6L'd it.

Since it doesn't require Poison Support, I tried really hard to come with another support and didn't find any. Eventually I ended up using Fortify as the 6th link.

Do you have any idea what might work as a 6th link instead of Poison Support?

In the end since this build does not scale curse effectiveness, I think The Perfect Form might be the better options. If running dual curse Cospri's I lose Arctic Armour and Grace. So I feel like I am giving up to much survivability.
"
Bloodhatred wrote:
Thing is, i'm one level away from wearing atziri's foots, and i'm still not using the amulet. When i equip both of those, my resistances will take a nosedive, leaving only the gloves, helm and rings/belt for res. My cold res is already 10% only in merciless, and i still kill too quick before anything really gets me. I'm in act 3 at the moment, but that switch to the amulet and boots scare me a bit.

Don't rush the amulet and boots, only transition when you can afford the loss in resistances. Last piece I got was the Atziri steps, before that I just used a rare boot with Life, Int and resistances. A lot of resistances also come from tree nodes (like at the scion jewel socket) and jewels (+X% to all elemental resistances). The +% to all elemental resistances actually also counts as evasion bonus because of how perfect form works. So you really want to start stacking cold resistance first.

"
nebunelux wrote:
In the end since this build does not scale curse effectiveness, I think The Perfect Form might be the better options. If running dual curse Cospri's I lose Arctic Armour and Grace. So I feel like I am giving up to much survivability.

You also wont need poison support in your abyssal cry setup, which you could replace by Rapid Decay, or just Item Rarity for fun. Cospri's main advantage is that you can make full use of the Witchfire brew potion (you wont have to sacrifice Grace). Its a more offensive chest piece, but like carcass jack, I don't think its worth the loss of survivability. Especially because the damage bonus it provides is mostly curse based, which are less effective where you need it the most, bosses. As a 6-link I would definitely go for either Fortify or Leech Gem.
I have another question.
Can you run this build with with 15% unreserved mana? I tried and it got me killed.
1 WB, 1 AB and no mana to cast BF.

I really feel that the elreon ring you're using, is pretty mandatory so you don't run into OoM situations. I frequently over cast Abyssal Cry which has 58 mana cost per cast. At the moment I am only running Grace and free AA. OtOH I could move fortify to main skill (if Cospri's) and put Blood Magic on WB.
HoW is this build doing on T16 maps ? and guardians/uber izaro ?

Iam currently using cospris, 6l, WIth bladeflurry + CWC Bladefall, (added chaos, void man., area/conc), it feels not bad at all..

passive tree is similiar WIth kripp, and also using hidden pott. jeWEL.
[discontinued] Dyadus Berserker: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1886525
[discontinued] Flame Surge Berserker: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1892524
Life is ethical
Life is Life.
Life is nonMETA.
"
nebunelux wrote:
I have another question.
Can you run this build with with 15% unreserved mana? I tried and it got me killed.
1 WB, 1 AB and no mana to cast BF.

I really feel that the elreon ring you're using, is pretty mandatory so you don't run into OoM situations. I frequently over cast Abyssal Cry which has 58 mana cost per cast.

An Elreon ring is really a big when it comes down to the smoothness of the build. I can use whirling blades indefinitely and never have any mana issues with it. BF requires some mana leech in addition to have it work smooth. Also, with the War Bringer node your abyssal cry will refill your mana (you gain 25% of your max mana on use). A simple Elreon ring doesnt have to be expensive, I got my first one for 3 chaos and my current one for 10c (without the crafts ofcourse). An alternative would be a Malicious Gemini claw with faster attacks, as it gives 14 mana per hit. And you could use Blood Magic with whirling blades. Its not the best solution but it might be a good temporary fix.

"
cr4ck4r wrote:
HoW is this build doing on T16 maps ? and guardians/uber izaro?

All maps are easy, including T16s, can do any map mods. I killed all guardians with it as well, but difficult rolled maps mods can make the fights hard, in such cases it will be more about player skill than anything else. Chimera and Hydra are tough though, because they are poison immune. Uber Izaro is no problem at all, he dies within a couple of seconds. I actually do uberlab carry service with this build sometimes. Shaper is also possible (enough DPS), but mostly a test of player skill and knowledge about his mechanics.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info