Blood Magic Fire Marauderer

Basically, I want to make a fire mage like character based off Richard from LFG (http://www.lfgcomic.com/).

It must run blood magic, that is the only constraint (although looking at the passive tree it seems like a rather large one. I'd like it to be predominantly fire based, but not opposed to throwing in a bit of frost and minions.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAnEDxgQHBLMFLQYOCfYOPBQgFE0UcRkuGYUaOBpVGmwfAiSLJKolrSfVJ-0pLilPNsU22DboNuk6UjrYPQ89Xz38RtdN2FBHUFBSU1RJVbVVxlcNWGNdxl8_YEtgbWEhY_1ko2ZPdO165nrvfLh8u31TffWBSYKbgziE74cph2WLjIx2jM-OZI9GkFWXlZwtnYCdrp7NogCnCKcwp4SyOLaGud3EWMT2xYrG2M9l0NDSIdR81I_YJNlh2t3d89-_4XPjauQi51Lnauw47FXtIO8O73zwH_Fs8i_z3fZI

This was my initial thought, but has anyone played something similar and have any ideas on how to make it not suck end game? Thoughts appreciated, thanks :)
I'm playing a similar build right now. Up to level 55 Act 1 Cruel.

You have a LOOOOOTTT of inefficiencies in there though (like increased Mana nodes when you don't use Mana...)

This is my current build at level 55. The first 30 levels I just played him as a normal Marauder with a 2h weapon and Sweep/Life Gain On Hit.

The transition to Blood Magic was actually quite tough, but the game is a breeze now that the build is fleshed out a bit. The abilities I use are Fireball with LMP, Fire Pen and Iron Will (so those Str nodes don't go to waste), Flammability, Firestorm with Elemental Proliferation (to get entire groups on fire with Flammability), Summon Skeleton with Spell Totem, Enduring Cry and I sometimes use Vitality with Reduced Mana Cost for an aura (if I'm not in a place I'm likely to get one shot).

The Enduring Cry works great because it increases physical resistance and spell resistances AND gives 0.2% health regen per charge. It ends up being quite a tanky build with very respectable damage, good distraction from the Skele totem and the ability to clear a room like no man's business with Firestorm and Elemental Proliferation.

I will be writing up a full guide (including levelling) within a week.
Hmm, thanks, I didn't even see those mana nodes, thanks for pointing it out. You can save a couple points with your build too. What else is inefficient though?

And yeh, I will probably end up taking the extra charge nodes, but I really hate having to use enduring cry, its an annoying ability. (Use it currently on my frost templar).

Why don't you like body and soul? Yes the ES will probably be a waste, but its 2 points to get 28% Armor and 10% All res.
Also, I'm leveling with a Searing Touch unique, so my fireball with fork is 1-2shotting everything currently :) (I have a life leech gem ready for when I hit 31 which is when I decided I'm gonna try convert to blood magic)

Edit: Current build I'm looking at (I know realistically I shouldn't use all 111 skill points allowed in the tree cos you just aren't getting to lvl 90 odd atm, but its pretty simple to just not take some of the damage nodes or survival nodes if I feel I'm ok at a certain point of the game)

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAnEDxgSzBS0GDgn2DjwSaRLhFCAUTRRxFxwZLhmFGjgaVRpsHwIkiySqJa0n1SftKS4pTy3SNsU22DboNuk6UjrYPQ89_ETnSRtN2FBHUFBUSVXGVw1YY18_YEtgbWEhY_1ko2ZPajtxeXTteuZ673y4fLt9U331gUmCm4M4hO-HKYdljHaMz49GkFWRzpwtnYCdrp7Nnz6iAKLqpwinMKeEr7eyOLndu-3EWMT2xtjPZdDQ0iHUfNSP2CTZYdrd3QXfv-Nq5CLnUudq7DjsVe8O8B_xbPIv8932SP0L
Last edited by TheRedMage on Feb 18, 2013, 10:06:01 AM
Anyone got any idea how relevant the Radius Damage nodes are?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info