So what now? Keep doing maps until I get 1shot and rip in HC?

Hey all,

I used to play open beta and the early release of PoE and started directly with the new release of Ascendancy when it went live.

I managed to take my first character in HC to lvl 85 which is surprising how easy and fast you can level compared to back in the days when you had to struggle to get 5L, skills and decent gear to progress..

So I am at stage were I am doing maps all the time and in my opinion its very straight line and robotic way to play a game. Since these maps its nothing new, replica zone areas replica mobs and bosses with different mods and abilities that is not new, It gets boring pretty fast(Yes I am doing high tier maps). Getting gear upgrade is hard since next item upgrade would be atleast plenty of exalts for each gear type. So my question what can I do more beside the map grinding? Perhaps I should just wait for next the league or something lol it was fun to a point were u were progressing your character with build and gear but now it just stopped.

Any tips is appreciated.

Pretty sad that something like this happens after short time into a new league and expansion for a new player.
Last edited by obsivus on Mar 16, 2016, 5:57:00 AM
Last bumped on Mar 16, 2016, 7:12:55 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Race, roll alts, or take a break and play other games for awhile. I am doing the latter. You are going to burn out eventually, you can't avoid it. Once you've played enough end game in PoE, of which I've done a ton, it really really starts to get dull.
"Danger is like jello, there's always room for more."
http://www.twitch.tv/vejita00
Accept that the game becomes like D3 more and more with each patch and move on with your daily life. I made an almost lvl90 char in a week in order to complete the challenge. Back in open beta i was lucky to survive to 85 with many weeks of play. Once you play around with the new skills and you make some builds you had in mind there is truly nothing else to do other than move on.

Edit: Isn't that the main complain about D3 btw? That it's a game you play for a week or two?

This is just sad.
I'm a forum warrior, i was born to post, raised to defend my league. Now my post has been removed, chained and exiled by mods who Ban. Ban is my brother; i do not fear it. I see it in the eyes of men and beasts that i troll. It will take me to play the actual game when i am ready and i am not ready.
Last edited by Pyrokar on Mar 16, 2016, 7:05:59 AM
Play another build.
I like to grind it out to about lvl 90. If my char is still alive then, I usually reroll and go for a different build, or I try to stack as much mf as possible and grind a boss for mad lewts yo. I like to make currency. I RIKE IT A ROT. Honestly though, I usually end up ripping at lvl 88-90 anyway just after I spent most of my currency. That way I keep the game interesting the whole league.
try killing Uber on HC.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info