Tyranny- Obsidian's new game

"
TheWretch wrote:
"
grepman wrote:
"
TheWretch wrote:
Looks like more Pillars goodness. Not since Black Isle Studios' days have we been so spoiled with great cRPGs.
Im assuming youre talking about recently right ?

what great crpgs have we had recently ? I can only think of age of decadence and to a lesser extent, underrail and dragonfall...and all of them have rather big flaws but Ill accept them.

pillars and witcher 3 are good games, but calling them great crpgs is a huge stretch. if anything they reflect on the state of gaming today, because in the 90s they would be simply be good/decent crpgs not timeless classics theyre for some reason deemed today.

Pillars, DivOS, Wasteland 2, AoD, SR:R, SR:DF, SR:HK and Serpent in the Staglands

In a few months the new Torment, Div OS2, new Bard's Tale and now Tyranny probably next year. Shit, we didn't even have this many to pick from at the height of Blk Isle's era.

You must be really picky.

I agree somewhat. But I'm more on Grepman's side. Age of Decadence is a gem that truly stands out and brings new elements to the genre.

Pillars was advertised as a spiritual BG successor (modded BG2 is one of my fav games) but it's just way too easy and dull for me.

DivOS:SE is great, esp. with a controller on a TV but it's even easier than the original. So much wasted potential on that great combat system. :(

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info