Tyranny- Obsidian's new game

Looks like more Pillars goodness. Not since Black Isle Studios' days have we been so spoiled with great cRPGs. Torment launches next month too

http://www.tyrannygame.com/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yc-WqIRNDKY

Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
Last edited by TheWretch on Mar 15, 2016, 9:54:55 PM
Last bumped on Apr 13, 2016, 6:41:17 PM
So the only choice is to play as the bad guys? idk, doesn't look very appealing.
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
Thanks for the heads up, will probably play it. Eventually. Poor. :(
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
First screenshot look like something from Fable (Chambers of Fate?) lol.
I'm not sure what the appeal of playing the bad guy is if you don't get to actually be the overlord.

Obsidian's usually good at letting people be really, really evil though, so I expect this game will let them show that off.
Gameplay & Level Design
Need help? Contact support@grindinggear.com
"
Dan_GGG wrote:
I'm not sure what the appeal of playing the bad guy is if you don't get to actually be the overlord.

Obsidian's usually good at letting people be really, really evil though, so I expect this game will let them show that off.

It's such a breath of fresh air for the story to be developed around vein the bad guy for once. In most other games that let you be "bad"that mainly consists of just shooting everyone in the face. I think this looks much more nuanced
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
If the overlord was Kane from Command and Conquer then sure, I'll take NOD over GDI any day. The problem is most of the time a fantasy evil overlord is going to have no charisma whatsoever. If being evil is about the power trip then there's nothing more frustrating than doing the heavy lifting for someone you can't stand. Especially if they then spend all their time gloating about how much better than everyone they are.

I'm sure Obsidian are well aware of that, and no doubt one of the endings is overthrowing the guy and taking power for yourself. I can't tell much about the character from the trailer though.
Gameplay & Level Design
Need help? Contact support@grindinggear.com
Last edited by Entropic_Fire on Oct 26, 2016, 5:52:11 PM
"
Entropic_Fire wrote:
Pillars of Eternity was extremely text heavy just for the sake of text heavy. A lot of the prose was too flowery and overall not necessary to progressing the story/setting the tone of the plot.

I hope they make a lot more of the text manifestos optional, and improve the dialogue to make it feel more impactful and less wordy. Divinity: Original Sin hit the perfect balance on this front I think, I hope Tyranny does too.

I was going to say that Larian made a really good CRPG in DIV:OS and will be bringing out DIV:OS2 with it's DM mode which will hopefully be awesome.
Still haven't played Pillars yet. been meaning to buy and play it but I need to get a new HD first. Still using my 10 year old laptop 250gb HD after the one I bought for my computer burned out.
Not my real account anymore, use it for forums while I work
You might also know me as "Thisisnotmyrealaccount" to which I forgot the E-mail for.
My real account is Einkil1, it's my steam account which is why I can't access it at work >.>
"
silumit wrote:
So the only choice is to play as the bad guys? idk, doesn't look very appealing.

My thoughts, exactly.
Last edited by Darkfyre on Mar 21, 2016, 5:29:55 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info