[Ghostbusters Trailer] Oh god, why?

== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
Last bumped on Mar 30, 2016, 12:51:07 AM
Platinum Games is making a new TMNT beat em up, could be kewl, Turtles in Time was the shit
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
this time, a more serious answer:

I so freaking hate those CGI neon ghosts.
Reminds me of how bad the scooby doo 3D movies are.

I must admit that I didnt like the new ghost-busters appearance when i saw some photos a few months back, but seeing them moving in-trailer they kinda remind me of the old team.
However, if the terribly unfunny jokes in-trailer are of any indication regarding the script, I dont think I'll come to like this.

Why couldnt we get an extreme ghostbusters live-action movie instead? (without neon CGI ghosts ofc) that series was the shit
Oblivious
The trailer reminds me of how all those old TV series were treated a few years back, when made into movies... Unfunny parodies with no respect for the originals. ='[.]'=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
"
Disrupted wrote:
this time, a more serious answer:

I so freaking hate those CGI neon ghosts.
Reminds me of how bad the scooby doo 3D movies are.

I must admit that I didnt like the new ghost-busters appearance when i saw some photos a few months back, but seeing them moving in-trailer they kinda remind me of the old team.
However, if the terribly unfunny jokes in-trailer are of any indication regarding the script, I dont think I'll come to like this.

Why couldnt we get an extreme ghostbusters live-action movie instead? (without neon CGI ghosts ofc) that series was the shit

I think the clincher for me is the "so & so, you're really awesomesauce at physics" or whatever the line is. It feels so incredibly cringy and makes me think that the characters aren't going to be organic, but are going to rely on other characters defining them for the audience instead of actually being established through performances and action *shudder*.

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Last edited by CaptainWaffleIron on Mar 16, 2016, 2:45:07 AM
The only thing that appealed to me was that the new Ghost Trap was literally an Energy-Based Bear Trap and the Remade Theme Song. The Cast being all-female just feels too much like its pandering to a specific audience. A Mixed-Gender Cast would have worked out better, the Cast choice seems eh... It feels like they're trying to pass it as a reboot and a continuity at the same time.
Just another Forum Signature in a Sea of Signatures.
"
The only thing that appealed to me was that the new Ghost Trap was literally an Energy-Based Bear Trap and the Remade Theme Song. The Cast being all-female just feels too much like its pandering to a specific audience. A Mixed-Gender Cast would have worked out better, the Cast choice seems eh... It feels like they're trying to pass it as a reboot and a continuity at the same time.

That new trap brought to mind two words: Vagina dentata. =0[.]o=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
Stay Puft Marshmallow Man Reacts to GHOSTBUSTERS Trailer

This taught me to feel feelings again.

"
Raycheetah wrote:
"

That new trap brought to mind two words: Vagina dentata. =0[.]o=

I don't know if you ever saw the "Bodies" exhibit. They had an actual V Dentata case. Granted it was only a couple baby tooth incisors, but still kind of freaky.
PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910

yup.. the face palm is real

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info