Flaskfinder Wander [2.2]

So I adjusted your tree a bit. Like this. The treck to melding is not worth it. Also props to you for attempting this as your second build in PoE. It's one of the more tricky builds to pull off.

If I were you I would replace Vinktar with Taste of Hate. The new Vinktar is just so hard to use reliably.

Also you need to get crit on your wand. Switching from an 8crit wand to a 10.5-11crit wand is like having the ICS gem for free. I think you may have higher DPS with piscator and something like ICD in your 6L than your current wand.
All my builds /view-thread/1430399

T14 'real' clearspeed challenge /1642265
"
MatrixFactor wrote:
So I adjusted your tree a bit. Like this. The treck to melding is not worth it. Also props to you for attempting this as your second build in PoE. It's one of the more tricky builds to pull off.

If I were you I would replace Vinktar with Taste of Hate. The new Vinktar is just so hard to use reliably.

Also you need to get crit on your wand. Switching from an 8crit wand to a 10.5-11crit wand is like having the ICS gem for free. I think you may have higher DPS with piscator and something like ICD in your 6L than your current wand.

Thanks for input man! I've sold my Wand now and using a Piscator untill I manage to find/craft a new one :) Thanks for correcting my tree a little bit, gonnna adjust to that version shortely.

I just have one more question, when do you feel it is appropriate to go for the Pierce cluster? I am kinda lost where to go in the passives after taken the ones you suggested.

Cheers!
Ah yes the pierce cluster. So I've been avoiding getting it until I finally got it yesterday, and oh boy does it make a huge difference.

This is my current tree at L99.

For L87 I would use this tree.

I had to switch to a diamond flask to cap crit
. You need 77.64% crit chance without a diamond to hit 95% with a diamond, so I dropped crit nodes until I got 78% crit. For elem weakness maps I use a ruby flask still in order to cap resists (Vinktar, Taste of Hate, Ruby).

Tooltip DPS is lower because the diam flask doesn't show up properly, but it feels stronger and faster. Here's a 2:19 waterways run with the new setup.

Last edited by MatrixFactor on May 2, 2016, 12:48:28 PM

I had to switch to a diamond flask to cap crit
. You need 77.64% crit chance without a diamond to hit 95% with a diamond, so I dropped crit nodes until I got 78% crit.

Can you tell me how you get that number?
78% crit + flask -> 95%
"
Valencer wrote:

78% crit + flask -> 95%

Let p = probability of critting. Then (1-p)^2 is the probability of not critting twice. Plug in p = 0.7764, and (1-p)^2=0.05. So the probability of not critting twice is 0.05, meaning the probability of criting at least once in two attempts is (1-0.05)=0.95.

Last edited by MatrixFactor on May 2, 2016, 8:54:22 PM
How much max res does your ruby give?
builds: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1663570/
"
MatrixFactor wrote:
"
Valencer wrote:

78% crit + flask -> 95%

Let p = probability of critting. Then (1-p)^2 is the probability of not critting twice. Plug in p = 0.7764, and (1-p)^2=0.05. So the probability of not critting twice is 0.05, meaning the probability of criting at least once in two attempts is (1-0.05)=0.95.

Thanks!

I have an another question.
Is that mean we can reach near 100% crit chance without assassin mark?
I know there is crit cap which is 95%. However, flask usage is increasing possibility to crit and crit number on stat remain same.
Based on this assumption, If i have 85% crit on stat and use diamond flask, my possibility of critting (1-0.85)^2 = 0.0225 => 1- 0.0225 = 0.9775 => 97.75% crit which is over 95% crit chance.

Am I missing something?
"
Valencer wrote:
Thanks!

I have an another question.
Is that mean we can reach near 100% crit chance without assassin mark?
I know there is crit cap which is 95%. However, flask usage is increasing possibility to crit and crit number on stat remain same.
Based on this assumption, If i have 85% crit on stat and use diamond flask, my possibility of critting (1-0.85)^2 = 0.0225 => 1- 0.0225 = 0.9775 => 97.75% crit which is over 95% crit chance.

Am I missing something?
Since Diamond's "Lucky" isn't technically a crit chance increase, it should work around the 95% cap, as you noticed. If you had capped crit (95%), then your "real" chance to crit with a Diamond flask up would be 99.75%, not counting accuracy.

However, if you're crit-capped at >95% with a Diamond up, I think it's more worthwhile to increase your accuracy than your crit chance.
builds: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1663570/
Hey long time no see! I've been doin the flashback event and recently got back to my wander! I've managed to improved the gear a bit after I sold a very good ring I crafted. However I have some new questions!

I am thinking about the secondary curse now that I freed up one of them with Skyforths. As I understand it the curses do not apply on bosses as herald of ice need to shatter something before the curse is added. As I dont really struggle with monster packs at this point, I dont really feel like i need warlords mark for leech as i managed to get a good lab enchant on my boots.
At this point im wondering about how to improve my crit, it's 43% in ho. As for my gear i could change to a higher crit amu but that's about it. Maybe the way to go is to get better base crit on my wand?

Also I wonder what jewels I should get to scale my dps in a proper way, currently i am using:

I feel that projectile damage doesn't do that much of a difference? At least for hideout dps. Maybe I should aim for crit multi instead?

Regarding my passive tree im pretty much using the one you suggested, but I went for Heartseeker cluster along with the following jewel node. Maybe its better to go for truestrike?

Passive tree
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAICAQHRBbUJoA3RDlwRDxEvEVAT2hSwFUMV1xhqGYoajxslHU8gbiLqJJ0k_SoLKjgqWysKLL8tHzW5N9Q5UjsNP3NDNkQNRX5HBkqaS65MLUyzUDBRR1LsVmNYB1m8XGtd8l9qYlpjQ2XTavpsCGznbRlwUnFDc3B59oIehEiExYauiEKJ04w2jb-P-pcGmmGboZu1n4ihIqIEokCnK6yYr-uxAbTFwcXCc8LswzrDbcSixSjI8M3qznDPXtDQ037ZW9te2-ffmOOE51To1ukC7BjtP-967-vxivLh9Pj2W_ba9uf31_rv-wn8ZP_e

Ty a bunch for all help btw! Really feeling that the build is coming togheter just at the end of perandus :D
Last edited by slickepinnen on May 29, 2016, 6:07:46 AM
Matrix what do you think about The Retch belt for this build?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info