[2.2] Shock-Nova Non-Crit, Dual or tripple Auto-Curse, Inquisitor (short guide)

Hi friends,

this short guide is about a build I tried in Perandus, which is a variant of the Ice-Nova build I have in Standard.

My more refined, but a bit more expensive Crit Build with some videos, too:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1694007

The main difference and I love GGG for doing it, is the Curse on Hit mechanic and the the synergies, the new Skill Orb of Storms enables.

DPS in combat is around 45 to 50k, depending on the buffs, while getting around -80% enemy res through the aura and gem. I can face tank the Torture Chamber Boss and do a fully alched Dark Forest map with crazy rare Devourers, no problem. The clearspeed is very nice too and you feel in control other than, for example, a Totem build.

Mechanic:

We use Orb of Storms, a lightning skill, which is basically a stationary aura you set next to you, to handle our Life, Mana and offensive potential, while the skill also does damage and provides critical strikes to help with "Elemental Overload", a passive skill.
Orb of Storms is linked to Curse on Hit, Warlord's Mark and Conductivity.

This gives us the possibility to curse (two or three curses) an enemy, while dealing damage and using the same mods we need need for our main skill, Shock Nova.

The best thing is, that the curses spread and we don't need to worry about Life, Mana and enemy resists.

The gameplay is simple, which is what I like the most. No twisted fingers!

Place the Orb, spam Shock Nova. Collect the Loot.

If you like to level gems or do some easy runs, you can swap the AOE gem and do full screen Novas, while instantly killing everything besides maybe Voll in Dried lake, at high magic find levels.

Main Skill:

We use Shock Nova in combination with Herald of Thunder, Wrath and Orb of Storms.
Two "aura" skills, that boost our damage and profit from our equipment.

For single target damage and enemies or objects you can't reach or have to kite, I use a 4 link Stormcall setup.

So far, I'm playing this char:

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/OrmusVinge/characters

The Agnerod West Staff (in the 2nd slot) is a very nice and cheap variant for a low budget build. Recommended is Pledge of Hands and Carcass Jack, because they have the perfect stats, considering the build (AOE, Spell Echo, Mana). The Agnerod with +lightning damage and -res is very good, too. I used it untill I got the funds for my current setup. It really works well with just a rare Armor.

I't completly fine to play this char selffound, as a starter or on low budget, while it scales very well with more expensive gear.

Besides Ele-Reflect and Curse Immune maps, it does very well so far, I didn't have the chance to play above Tier 11 maps, yet.

Stats:

Defensive->

1. Life
2. Mana and Manareg
3. Evasion and Armor

Offensive->

Cast Speed
Increased Area
Spell Damage
Lightning Damage, -Res and Penetration

If I missed anything, or if you have further questions, please comment.
Last edited by OrmusVinge on Jul 16, 2016, 9:03:17 AM
Last bumped on Jul 16, 2016, 8:58:05 AM
Look out for LightManMcNew and Lighasafeather in my char tab.

I have a "lame" Spark/Vaal Spark with ok gear as a benchmark and the Shocker still does well in comparison.
Last edited by OrmusVinge on Jul 16, 2016, 9:07:36 AM
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1694007

Here's a link to my more refined character build with videos.
Last edited by OrmusVinge on Jul 16, 2016, 9:04:58 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info