2.3 Pathfinder - CoC Blocker 9.5k ES 71% block 75% Spell block Uber/Core Viable [Videos inside]

"
Elf_97 wrote:
Hello,

First it's a nice build thank.

There something i dont understand, why do you link cwdt + immortal + vaal discipline togheter?

You don't even use endurance charge and your vaal disc is lvl 20 ...Really i dont understand .

Can you clarify thing plz?

Cwdt is only to proc immortal call, even with 0 endurance charges it still has a moment with physical immunity which can help against burst damage. The reason vaal discipline is there also is because i dont have room together with my other disciplines because colouring is hard, so after i use vaal disc #1 and 2 which has inc duration, i swap them around so #3 also has duration
"
darkfalldoon wrote:
@op -

What curses are you using now that you have the dual curse & skyfoth?

I'm planning on buying skyorth today or tomorrow and am thinking about going with this tree:

http://exilecraft.org/#AAAAAwIAAW8B0QVCBx4OSA5cD6sRDxEvEVARlhXXFe0WvxmKGo8bJSBuIvQkiySdJyEqCyo4KwosnCy/L281uTdMPV9BlkQNRX5JUUmxS65Ms1AwUlNUvVZjXEBca13yX2piWmSdaoxq+mwLbRlwUnBWcLt1/X+Wf8aESIRvhMWGronTi3qMNo2Sj/qQG5MnlS6VyJaLlwaXlZf0mhObtZ9toS+i2acrrJius6/rsNi1SL6KwzrDbcSix53IFMjw0B/Q0ND1037UQtW518/ZE9lb217b1N+Y4vfpAutj6/XsGO9674jv6/DV8h31b/ba9z331/k3+m/7Cf4J

Not looking forward to having to use stone of lazhwar, but the points it takes for dual curse + spell block from the tree seem like a waste.

Im using assassins mark for the crit strike chance and crit damage + vuln for more physical damage and DoT damage

Builds looks fine, if you mostly run curses i would remove the 2 points near influces and only take mana reservation reduction, but thats up to you :) - When u feel like ur crit is high enough u can remove nightstalker cluster
Last edited by Nekhebet on Mar 21, 2016, 8:14:32 PM
"
Rippin_Heads wrote:
Are there certain requirments i must meet in order to defeat x2 Vaal, Trio, and Uber.

I just waited for lvl 20 gems, thats when i first tried - i would probably aim for around 13.5-14k ES with vaal disc up to avoid one shots to flame blasts
"
Theoneknow wrote:
How does this build perform against uber etc without skyforth powercharge generation? gonna be attempting this soon and i can get gear for around 30 ex if i sell my current ripper char and some other things and wonder if its worth it. done uber before so the mechanics thing of me being bad wont be a problem

I did my uber runs before acquiring skyforth, my tempest shield with pcoc did a fairly good job and i could often reach max power charges during both trio and uber fight, during uber charges were mostly generated during split phase due to the large amount of attacks and spells being blocked
"
DaRkn3sS1000 wrote:
I've started leveling this char as soon as I saw your post on reddit and I must say this is one of the funniest and best scaling builds I've ever played!
Although my char needs some gear improvements I can carry full parties with the damage this build provides and T13+ maps are a joke.
I didn't do uber yet but I'm pretty sure I can do it whith the current state of my gear.

And now I have some questions for you. What benefit do you get from your gloves besides the high ES? why don't you use a physical damage conversion VoV? I feel like it gives some better damage/leech.
The offensive stats screenshots are with full charges and activated flasks right?

My current gear:

I'll probably leave it like this until I can afford Skyforth :)

@Theoneknow
I know he already did two uber runs (one deathless) without Skyforth and the double curse setup!

The gloves were just cheap ones because i was poor lol, so basically only for ES - during mapping i use shadows and dust because the unholy might buff is super crazy for this build.
For VoV, if u convert ur damage to lightning you apply less poison because poison comes from chaos and physical damage, and for me the lightning to spells is more than sufficent to instant leech even on single target.
The stats pictures are with flasks and charges up
"
Calgus wrote:
Currently playing this build and having tons of fun. I would highly suggest making this your 2nd character in league as leveling can be tricky especially making the switch to CI. However, once I hit 68, everything came together. Will be working towards Uber over the next few weeks and update when I get the kill.

This is indeed a good suggestion, as i followed this advice myself xD
My first char was a storm call inquisitor like mathil made it, i spend less than 10c on gear and made it to 88 and had the currency to re roll then.
"
Chaudblitz wrote:
Hi, My gear is not that good so I'm not that confident in going CI for the moment, would the build work without CI ? I was thinking something like this.

http://exilecraft.org/#AAAAAwIAAF4EBwVCBx4ILgj0DXwOSA5cD6sRLxFQEZYWvxmKGY4gbiL0JIsknSaVKPoqCyo4KwosnCymNAo1kjW5N0w3ZjrhPV9Bh0GWRA1FfkZxSVFJsUyzTeNQMFJTVUtVxlfJXfJfamHiYlpknWpDaoxq+mwLbRlwUnX9f5Z/xoLHgwmD24RvidOMNo2Sj/qQ1pMnlS6XBpeVl/SbjZ9toS+i2aZXpyuus7DYtAy1SLc+vorAVMM6xKLHncgUyPDK09Af0NDQ9dN+1ELXz9i935jquuv17YPveu+I7+vw1fId8kX1b/c9+Tf56Ppv/gr+jw==

Yea hybrid is definitely an option for this build, you even have a lot of chaos resist with mings and master herbalist, your build looks fine as i would recommend around 150life/150ES which u already have :)
"
eskimo9 wrote:
Thanks for the guide. I'm having a lot of fun with my 2nd character. Just did a twinned chateau with vulnerability without troubles and my gear is not nearly finished.

Good to hear the build is doing well, if u think higher tier maps will be harder..then u are wrong, it will always be easy xD
Last edited by Nekhebet on Mar 21, 2016, 8:24:28 PM
I just went ahead and respecced one of my old characters into this even though I felt like the tooltip was low it clears way better than what you would expect from just the tooltip.

Anyways I did go for dual curse running Vulnerability and Assassin's Mark on Blasphemy coupled with the Charisma wheel in between Shadow and Ranger to be able to run all of these together. I also put an enlighten lv3 in the link of Blasphemy to increase the amount of unreserved mana mostly for Whirling Blades if you tend to Backtrack a bit in maps.

Currently I'm sitting at almost 8k4 Energy Shield but I'm still missing 50% from the tree.
Not using a Chest with 700+ Energy Shield does hurt but I'm fine with the one I have and probably won't upgrade too soon. As well as having to run a Doedre's to dual curse.

Here's my gear at this time:
Spoiler

The first 5 Flasks are the standard ones for maps above T12 for me. I'm swapping out the Basalt for either the Silver if I feel the map isn't too hard and I'd like to clear it faster or for the Bismuth against Elemental Weakness maps with usually high amounts of Elemental damage from Map mods.

I'm swapping out my Atziri's Flaks for the Quicksilver and run the Silver flak with it mainly for fun and since the Silver Flask increases my Movement Speed by 20% and the Quicksilver by 101% I'm reaching 159% without Vaal Haste or even any real investment except for Flaks Nodes obviously. Just try it yourself in Dried Lake it's really fun.

I'm really enjoying this build so far and I will be trying Twinned Malachai with this rather soon just wanted to share a few random thoughts on this.
I am seriously impressed by the power of Diamond Flasks coupled with Pathfinder that I would not be surprised seeing a nerf coming specifically for the mechanics that the 10% Surgeon's won't work anymore for it.

Edit: Changed a slight mistake
Last edited by KruXol on Mar 23, 2016, 12:06:31 AM
Hi,

Just wanted to share a semi alternative way doing this build. Its not better or worse, it's simply another way to try it out. I like being a curse whore, so I chose to run 3 curses. And temp chains is a bit broken atm. If I for the love of God could color my chest 5 green, I'd run EK as well, but 3-4k chromes in, I gave up.

Here is my profile if u want to look at a tricurse setup:
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Madzak/characters

Don't get locked up on all the gem slots. Some gems are just there for leveling purposes. I'm currently almost 96 and I lvl'ed to 95 with only chest and whirling blades setup fixed. You can really get away with almost anything.

edit: btw. the build can do any mods if you got some extra gear in ur stash ready. For blood magic, drop auras, put on some elreon jewelry and get mana cost to zero. I've done tier 14 maps np. with zero auras and zero mana cost on cyclone. As for phys reflect: put phys to light gem instead of controlled destruction and use sibyl's Lament ring. With some ok flask management you should clear phys reflect maps just fine this way.

edit: did uber deathless 3 times last night. The slow from temp chains makes most of the uber content a joke, sadly:/
Last edited by Madzak on Mar 23, 2016, 6:03:27 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info