2.3 Pathfinder - CoC Blocker 9.5k ES 71% block 75% Spell block Uber/Core Viable [Videos inside]

"
brunowa wrote:
How are you generating power charges if your power charge on critical strike gem is level 62 in a level 44 CWDT setup?

When using CWDT, only the active gem levels matters, in this case tempest shield, support gems can be whatever level you desire
"
Nicol wrote:
I've since looked a bit into lucky and understand how it works a lot better. However, I still believe going beyond a certain crit point you're better off with multi. Lucky scales crit in an interesting way, you get the most benefit from it at 50% crit and it scales parabolically in either direction. So yes, while your flask uptime scales with crit beyond a certain point you have all the charges you need, so idk, at this point I've decided the spell crit near witch isn't worth the point budget, I'd have to drop es to grab it. I'm lv90 almost 91 now, and I've grabbed a heretics veil and dropped mings heart so I can run vulnerability + ass mark.

Can rainbowstrides + a reckless defense jewel be enough for spellblock cap? I'm looking at upgrading away from rathpith, but I don't really want to use a lazhwar ammy if I can help it

I think the options for capping spell block are

Reckless defence + Stone of lazhwar
Reckless defence + Rathpiths
Rainbowstride + Stone of Lazhwar
Rainbowstride + Rathpiths

you might be able to pull off enough spell block using 2-3 Reckless defence + Rainbowstride, but im not sure how noticable the drawback from the jewel is.
What will be better for damage then ? Controlled Destrudtion or Ethereal Knives ? :)
I might actually switch to windscreams + a temporal chains. I would need to find 3 points I'm not using to reach 20% reduced from tree and also would need a lv3 enlighten. Dunno, I'm stuck by the fact that skyforths are near 30 ex which is nearly unreachable while I'm trying to sustain t12+ maps, and selection on rare shields is a bit lacking, I haven't seen much sub ~5 ex that has made me want to drop my rathpith and scramble to fix spellblock problems. Getting a 400+ ES shield would let me equip shadows and dust, swapping amulet to lazhwar, but I'm pretty sure that the end result of that is just a juggling of stats around and no real overall benefit (ES from gloves combines into shield, damage from ammy goes to gloves, spellblock from shield goes to amulet > what actually increases lol). Also the onslaught from shadows and dust will be up for trash clearing which I don't need, and down for bosses where I would want the damage. Maligaro's might be an option I guess with the ias.

I did get to run this beauty of a map last night deathless which was awesome, -max gmp avian retches with haste, extra dmg, and onslaught gets pretty out of hand lol:
Spoiler
ign - Zilead
EK would grant you more dps (A lot more), but the drawbacks are:

You need 5Greens on a Vaal Regalia, Vorici calculator estimates around 17k chromes spent colouring it this way.

If you roll max reduced requirements on your vaal regalia, paint it and then reroll it until you get a fantastic chest it goes down to 8.8k chromes.

If you plan on getting 5 greens, an ES Atziris Splendour might be a cheaper choice, but it's a much worse chest.

The other drawback is merely a clarity thing, with 3 spells going off, your screen will be absolutely cluttered by blades, and some ground AoEs become hard to notice and dodge.
"
krameriffic2 wrote:

Empower doesn't affect support gems.

You are ENTIRELY right, I'm sorry for that, my bad.

This however makes Empower an even worse choice for us, specially for how expensive it is.
"
Orangesilk wrote:
EK would grant you more dps (A lot more), but the drawbacks are:

You need 5Greens on a Vaal Regalia, Vorici calculator estimates around 17k chromes spent colouring it this way.

If you roll max reduced requirements on your vaal regalia, paint it and then reroll it until you get a fantastic chest it goes down to 8.8k chromes.

If you plan on getting 5 greens, an ES Atziris Splendour might be a cheaper choice, but it's a much worse chest.

The other drawback is merely a clarity thing, with 3 spells going off, your screen will be absolutely cluttered by blades, and some ground AoEs become hard to notice and dodge.

I just get this

500 ES its not that bad .
I hope that DPS will actually better ;p
(dont look at gems ) ;p
Last edited by SaiyanManieK on Apr 14, 2016, 1:46:31 PM
"
SaiyanManieK wrote:
What will be better for damage then ? Controlled Destrudtion or Ethereal Knives ? :)

Its hard to put the exact numbers, a 3rd spell usually adds around 33% damage assuming they do around the same, while controlled destruction adds about 44% more, EK will apply more poison and refil flasks quicker, and CD gives less crit chance. EK is harder to colour for though, but its probably what i would use in the end.
Just spent 500 chance scour no luck on skyforth :( windscreams are looking more appealing if I can run on 78 mana as my pool, not sure if that's enough. What Es pool do I want for uber? Core?

Edit: looking at splendour I actually think thats completely worth it for me, my regalia is only 645 es and with the added damage I wouldn't mind dropping rathpith for a high es shield/swapping into lazhwar. I bought one and am gonna try and link
ign - Zilead
Last edited by Nicol on Apr 14, 2016, 5:31:25 PM
"
Nekhebet wrote:
"
SaiyanManieK wrote:

Its hard to put the exact numbers, a 3rd spell usually adds around 33% damage assuming they do around the same, while controlled destruction adds about 44% more, EK will apply more poison and refil flasks quicker, and CD gives less crit chance. EK is harder to colour for though, but its probably what i would use in the end.

EK deals a lot more damage than BF or BV, BV is mostly there for crit spam for the flasks, the increase is actually closer to 50% on average.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info