2.3 Pathfinder - CoC Blocker 9.5k ES 71% block 75% Spell block Uber/Core Viable [Videos inside]

"
KruXol wrote:
I just went ahead and respecced one of my old characters into this even though I felt like the tooltip was low it clears way better than what you would expect from just the tooltip.

Anyways I did go for dual curse running Vulnerability and Assassin's Mark on Blasphemy coupled with the Charisma wheel in between Shadow and Ranger to be able to run all of these together. I also put an enlighten lv3 in the link of Blasphemy to increase the amount of unreserved mana mostly for Whirling Blades if you tend to Backtrack a bit in maps.

Currently I'm sitting at almost 8k4 Energy Shield but I'm still missing 50% from the tree.
Not using a Chest with 700+ Energy Shield does hurt but I'm fine with the one I have and probably won't upgrade too soon. As well as having to run a Doedre's to dual curse.

Here's my gear at this time:
Spoiler

The first 5 Flasks are the standard ones for maps above T12 for me. I'm swapping out the Basalt for either the Silver if I feel the map isn't too hard and I'd like to clear it faster or for the Bismuth against Elemental Weakness maps with usually high amounts of Elemental damage from Map mods.

I'm swapping out my Atziri's Flaks for the Quicksilver and run the Silver flaks with it mainly for fun and since the Silver Flask increases my Movement Speed by 35% and the Quicksilver by 101% I'm reaching 159% without Vaal Haste or even any real investment except for Flaks Nodes obviously. Just try it yourself in Dried Lake it's really fun.

I'm really enjoying this build so far and I will be trying Twinned Malachai with this rather soon just wanted to share a few random thoughts on this.
I am seriously impressed by the power of Diamond Flasks coupled with Pathfinder that I would not be surprised seeing a nerf coming specifically for the mechanics that the 10% Surgeon's won't work anymore for it.

When i first saw the pathfinder note i immediately thought of how op diamond flask could be, and on top of that it was also buffed - gg xD
Would you say that the 5th Power Charge you get from the Skill tree is worth it even?
I feel like it's not worth it when I'm running Cyclone already having 67% Crit Chance with 4 Power Charges and Bladefal with 51%.
Using a Diamon Flask it should basically double your Crit Chance for the duration so investing in more than 50% seems kinda not worth it.
Also I can just grab the spell damage from Witch start or get to Occultist's Dominon
This damage is not bound to how many Power Charges I currently have it seems kinda weird putting 3 points in for 20% spell damage.
"
KruXol wrote:

I feel like it's not worth it when I'm running Cyclone already having 67% Crit Chance with 4 Power Charges and Bladefal with 51%.

How do you guys get so high cyclone crit chance? im only barely at 60 % with lvl 19 gems.
"
Moksu wrote:
How do you guys get so high cyclone crit chance? im only barely at 60 % with lvl 19 gems.

Higher base Crit maybe mine is 8.38 with my dagger and 0.1% to Crit Chance is noticeable.
Last edited by KruXol on Mar 23, 2016, 2:49:19 AM
"
KruXol wrote:
"
Moksu wrote:

Higher base Crit maybe mine is 8.38 with my dagger and 0.1% to Crit Chance is noticeable.

Hey,

Yeh that might be it..

Also i am not running with True Strike passive.

not sure if i should respec Mind Barrier away.
current tree
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAIDAAFvAdEFQgceDkgOXA-rEQ8RLxFQEZYV1xXtFr8ZihslIG4i9CSLJJ0nISoLKjgrCiycLL81uTdMPV9BlkJLRA1FfklRSbFLrkyzUDBSU1S9VmNcQFxrXfJfamJaaoxq-mwLbRlwUnX9f5Z_xoRIhG-ExYXFhq6J04t6jDaNko_6kyeVLpXIlouXBpeVl_SbtZ9toS-nK6yYrrOv67VIvorDOsNtxKLHncjw0B_Q0ND1037UQtW518_ZW9te35jfvuL36QLrY-v17Bjveu-I7-vw1fc999f5N_4J
how can you leech life? i found that it's really difficult to sustain without that unique flask and the life leech is not enough at all.
"
perfectch1 wrote:
how can you leech life? i found that it's really difficult to sustain without that unique flask and the life leech is not enough at all.

Both vessel of vinktar and Atziri's promise provides life leech, I never felt like anymore that than was needed.

What level are you right now?
"
Nekhebet wrote:
"
perfectch1 wrote:

Both vessel of vinktar and Atziri's promise provides life leech, I never felt like anymore that than was needed.

What level are you right now?

just level 60, maybe it's a bit too early to take CI at the moment?_?
"
KruXol wrote:
Would you say that the 5th Power Charge you get from the Skill tree is worth it even?
Using a Diamon Flask it should basically double your Crit Chance for the duration so investing in more than 50% seems kinda not worth it.
Also I can just grab the spell damage from Witch start or get to Occultist's Dominon
This damage is not bound to how many Power Charges I currently have it seems kinda weird putting 3 points in for 20% spell damage.

Diamond flask, unfortunately does not double your crit chance it follows a specific formula.

At 50% crit chance it looks as following:

hit #1 - 50% chance to crit

hit #2 - 50% chance to crit on the attacks which couldnt crit during first hit =50% of 50% so 25%

50% chance to crit with diamond is then ~75%

I like to be around 70% cyclone crit chance it make me hit approximately 70% + (0.7x0.3) = 91% crit chance + the crit from assassins mark closing in on 100%
Last edited by Nekhebet on Mar 23, 2016, 5:05:06 AM
what do you think about the inspired learning jewel?
fits perfectly in the jewel spot next to the witch starting point and I'm really having fun with it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info