Latest HC Rip

I can honestly say in the 9 times I've played HC I died once legit. Choose to believe it or not I dont care it's just a warning is all. There are loads, freezes, lags, DCs that can all kill you easier than monster in this game.

I've died at 14 before to desync. I was a screen away from where action was at. To in docks with 10K es! which is basically impossible to be killed there with that EHP but game just locked for 15 seconds.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Jun 29, 2016, 6:18:51 PM
You gotta be crazy to play HC with a game this unstable.
Support the cause. Free the ascendancy points from LAB.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1609216/page/1

Other top 3 issues. Make standard great again. Fix XP (add fatigue system). Fix lag.
MR GGG tear down this ascendancy wall.
still waiting.... close calls on uber trials though... xD

couple of times i have been desyncing in those narrow spots and my character is actually in the last "room" in a corner and bladesaws are still killing me or roombas are rolling over me :P
d:-D*
This game has no meaning without HC. Its the thrill that makes it. I'd rather go and watch how a flower is gonna bloom than playing this game in SC. SC is basically like a waste of time. No it actually is a complete waste of time.
Anyways, thats not the problem. The problem is that it would just be such a nice thing if this game worked properly. HC deaths - legit ones - are bittersweet yet awesome cuz its the thrill. But I cant bring myself to accept a death because a noob programmed the game. For all the love people give this game those developers could get their asses out of the couch and do something useful once in a while like extending the grace period and all those other good suggestions.
Last edited by r0man534 on Jun 30, 2016, 6:31:04 PM
In SC, the endgame is more fun, IMO. You put all this effort into making some fun build, and now it's working well. Sometimes you die, but oh well who cares, that's what SC is for, right? But the grind up to that point is really daunting.

In HC, the main playthrough of the game is really fun. There's no feeling of 'I can't wait for my character to start being good', because it already has to be good, otherwise you might die. Getting it all the way through to merciless, beating merc Izaro, and picking up that last skill point quest in Act IV is a great feeling. But then there's the end-game, and that's where HC is less fun, I think. Your character isn't insane or interesting or anything, it's just good at not dying. So you have to slowly (compared to SC) level up on maps, playing safely as you go, and getting smaller and smaller returns. And every hour you grind means an hour more that you have invested in that character, and will need to re-do when they eventually die.

Once you get to 92+ though, I think HC will start to be more fun again. Many SC character are super fun to level up to 90, but then the fact that they are a bit squishy means it's really hard to get each level. Whereas in HC, that's pretty much what your character was made for. Until you get to 100, of course. If I had a level 100 character in HC, I wouldn't even risk logging in to them, in case there was a bug where they can die in town or something.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
Why is there even a timer on the grace period?Like why not be invulnerable as long as you don't make any action.

It could be exploited right now cuz afaik your minions can still attack enemies even tho you're graced. They could make it so your minions can't do shit until you're out of grace.

Wouldn't that work? I don't see how it could be exploited.
I also lost a HC char to a CTD this league, I feel ya. RIP

Some people here exaggerate the problem but yes it's unfortunate that it happens at all.
"
Jaille wrote:
Why is there even a timer on the grace period?Like why not be invulnerable as long as you don't make any action.

It could be exploited right now cuz afaik your minions can still attack enemies even tho you're graced. They could make it so your minions can't do shit until you're out of grace.

Wouldn't that work? I don't see how it could be exploited.

Last time I suggested it, people said it could be exploited by meaning you could perfectly time when to 'come out' of the grace period just before your friend killed a boss for you - so you get the credit without any danger. This seems like a weak reason to me though, especially since it only applies in group settings so they could still make the grace period unlimited for solo play.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
"
Prebornfetus wrote:
You gotta be crazy to play HC with a game this unstable.

This, but even Standard not helping, when you try to level up, special after GGG decided to nerf exp further for no reason.
Affliction master craft service Affliction My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Affliction veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Affliction SC master craft service Affliction SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Affliction craft PM: TreeOfDead
I would like to point out one thing.

In prophecy, I found many areas with enemies located near the player starting point where players' starting points are within their aggro range.

Also, even when you are on a unusually prolonged loading screen, if you press any key, it seems the server side does recognize the key inputs in some cases (or imho in most of the cases).

My solution is

never press any key while loading screen

+

use alt F4 or macro when areas do not load in time
Last edited by TrichocereusSP on Jul 1, 2016, 3:27:51 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info