[2.2] 100% chaos ICE TRAPPER - UBER down (T15 Abyss Double Boss fight in 10 sec!!)

Thats true, but when this will come, a new meta will rise and we will figure it out how to use it. Even as trap :D

█▀▀▌ █▌█▀▀▀ █▀▀▌█▄░▌
█▀▀█ █▌▀▀▀█ █░░▌█▀▌▌
█▄▄▌ █▌█▄▄█ █▄▄▌█░█▌
just curious the jewels with

"10% increased Damage"

will that scale all damage fire, chaos, trap, dot, cold.?

and stack?
They double dip, yes.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think:
Its not 10% to Trapdamage + 10% cold + 10% fire +10% Chaos. its more 10% damage for the skill/damage of the skill + 10% to the poison damage.

Reasoning:

The calculation would be something like this

lets say we have 100 Cold damage that gets converted to fire and then chaos. we have 10% inc fire and 10% inc cold aswell 10% trap damage and chaos.

it will be:

100 * (0.1 fire damage + 0.1 colddamage + 0.1 chaosdamage + 0.1 trap damage) = 140 Damage at the end.

If we add %damage as increase it will be counted like a other increase.

->

100 * (0.1 fire damage + 0.1 colddamage + 0.1 chaosdamage + 0.1 trap damage + 0.1 damage) = 150 Damage at the end.

If we add a multiplier like trapdamage the calc would look like this:

100 * (0.1 fire damage + 0.1 colddamage + 0.1 chaosdamage + 0.1 trap damage) * 1.4 (Trap & mine damage gem) = 196 Damage at the end. (210 if we add the 10% damage too)

###

Please correct me if I got this wrong, in my understanding, thats the way how it works. (shown above is without any crit ofc)

edit: typos
█▀▀▌ █▌█▀▀▀ █▀▀▌█▄░▌
█▀▀█ █▌▀▀▀█ █░░▌█▀▌▌
█▄▄▌ █▌█▄▄█ █▄▄▌█░█▌
Last edited by eviL_Bison on Apr 13, 2016, 9:27:17 AM
how do you get frenzy charges with this build ?...I understand powercharges from blast cascade but what about frenzy ?
Never invite Vorana, Last To Fall at a beer party.
"
Vendetta wrote:
how do you get frenzy charges with this build ?...I understand powercharges from blast cascade but what about frenzy ?

Master Sapper at Ranger Area. :)
█▀▀▌ █▌█▀▀▀ █▀▀▌█▄░▌
█▀▀█ █▌▀▀▀█ █░░▌█▀▌▌
█▄▄▌ █▌█▄▄█ █▄▄▌█░█▌
"
eviL_Bison wrote:
They double dip, yes.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think:
Its not 10% to Trapdamage + 10% cold + 10% fire +10% Chaos. its more 10% damage for the skill/damage of the skill + 10% to the poison damage.

Reasoning:

The calculation would be something like this

lets say we have 100 Cold damage that gets converted to fire and then chaos. we have 10% inc fire and 10% inc cold aswell 10% trap damage and chaos.

it will be:

100 * (0.1 fire damage + 0.1 colddamage + 0.1 chaosdamage + 0.1 trap damage) = 140 Damage at the end.

If we add %damage as increase it will be counted like a other increase.

->

100 * (0.1 fire damage + 0.1 colddamage + 0.1 chaosdamage + 0.1 trap damage + 0.1 damage) = 150 Damage at the end.

If we add a multiplier like trapdamage the calc would look like this:

100 * (0.1 fire damage + 0.1 colddamage + 0.1 chaosdamage + 0.1 trap damage) * 1.4 (Trap & mine damage gem) = 196 Damage at the end. (210 if we add the 10% damage too)

###

Please correct me if I got this wrong, in my understanding, thats the way how it works. (shown above is without any crit ofc)

edit: typos

This looks essentially correct for base damage. As you mentioned in your post, we also get poison damage though because our Consuming Darks cause chaos damage to poison; in the example DPS calculations above, poison damage is omitted.
Last edited by hankinsohl on Apr 13, 2016, 10:14:27 AM
"
Nuya wrote:
I need advice from you guys, I can't decide.
I'm playing this build in HC Perandus right now.
I can't really decide which curse would help more Temp Chains or Enfeeble.
I guess the Poison Buff from Temp Chains is pretty useless, cause you have enough damage anyway?

I thought about going dual curse, but don't want to selfcast it, dual blasphemy would be reserve too much mana, then I have to drop HoI which I don't want.
An other Thought was Curse on Hit, maybe with Vaal Thundertrap?

thanks for the advice guys :)

Our damage is very high. Dropping HoI in order to run a 2nd curse, especially in hardcore, seems very worthwhile to me.

I wouldn't recommend a curse-on-hit setup; too much busy-work. Even manual cursing is too much. I recommend a blasphemy setup to apply at least one if not two curses and then just tossing Ice Traps for DPS. For bosses, tossing a Vaal Lightning trap and quaffing a DPS potion makes sense as well, but for general map clearing, just toss Ice Trap clusters.
===========
As an aside... whenever I play hardcore, I just don't want to die no matter what.

Although this build offers phenomenal DPS, survivability is extremely sketchy.

I would be very frustrated leveling this build to high 80's only to die to some unexpected one-shot - very, very possible.

If that's OK with you, than this build will be very fun, even in hardcore.

If not, I'd run a Dual Righteous Fire Totem build for sure; massively OP, and incredibly safe. Hell, it can even do Uber if you're bored and don't mind risking a trip to standard.
Last edited by hankinsohl on Apr 13, 2016, 11:12:20 AM
"
eragon1111 wrote:
"
Biggilus wrote:
Crit this, crit that, to me this is alllll about the EO. I love that skill. Those who say you have to get too close to the mobs for Orb of Storms, I just don't get that.

I have to say this is the fastest, safest and most fun build I've played. Currently sitting at level 88 with 4.4k hps, MoM, EB, ZO, AA and enfeeble on, a 6L Carcass (31 fuses :D ) and it's just screenwide domination.

Never hit Atziri until this build and I didn't understand the mechanics - it was from one stage to the next with hardly any casting inbetween due to the insane DPS output.

Gear:
Spoiler

Tree:
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAYDAQQHBLMFtQceCPQOSBEvEZYWvxpsG-AfAiL0I_YmlSsKMHEwfDGzMtE2PTbFNuk6QjwFPV9CLEVHRZ1JUUt4TLNNklFHUlNTUlXGVkhW-lfYXEBd8mHiYk9irGSqZ05qNmpDaoxsC2yMbRlvd3BRdZ52b3aCfrB_K3_Ggh6D24Uyh8uIQo19jb-P-pANkyeVLpeVl_Sa4JuGnaqdrp_foHmhL6IAotmnCKebsNi0xbTRtUi3dbzqvorAVMBmwcXC7MgMyBTJBs8V0B_UI9gk2FTbC9vn3ajrY-vu7BjuFe987-vw1fVv98E=

Happy my idea works for you :) But there are ways to make it less points hungry ;)
I cannot for the life of me add text to that above Quote...

But pray tell, where am I overspending points?

Ta
x
Last edited by hankinsohl on Apr 13, 2016, 10:40:13 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info