[2.2] 160k dps - 8k hp - 8 end charge -2curse- 95%crit - EQ (not another boring champion marohi EQ)

"
"
scott4040 wrote:
"
Looking at your actual damage values, you hit about as hard as a Marohi with a 20k tooltip. You may have more melee attacks between aftershocks but like others have pointed out, you may as well hook up another attack gem.

this is simply false. lol you say i simply "threw the build together with no maths" but you have done none yourself.

I have. I know how much you hit for and I know how much I hit for. And I know that if I moved over 6 nodes and took off RT, I'd hit just as hard as you do with a conservative 50% Crit Strike Chance and a 230% Crit Strike Multiplier. This of course means running Abyssus. But as was pointed out, there's no way you're running Abyssus at top tier maps with heavy mods. You are going to get one-shotted even with 8k HP. The moment you take it off, your DPS falls right in line with my Marohi, non-crit build if I took the helmet off too.

Effectively, all you've done is swap in Abyssus. Literally. You get the same effect from building around Windscream's for the dual curse, moving 4 nodes into DPS (like taking Martial Experience which would net you back more than losing Abyssus gains) and losing that ridiculous debuff of taking 50% more phys damage. Now you can also get life back on your helmet. Win win. To me, that seems way better than building around Abyssus.

So yeah, I've done the math and don't really see why your crit build is miles better than a Marohi non-crit. If anything, it's the same DPS but to get that, you sacrificed lots of defense and have made it really high maintenance by adding the need for lots of charges.

Like I said, the only reason you're seeing these crazy tooltip numbers are because of the attack speed. For raw damage, you do the same as a non-crit with comparable gear. They just don't have that flashy tooltip like your build.

Seriously, if you think his build is so fucking bad why dont you get the fuck out of his thread when you have nothing nice to say? what the fuck is your problem
Last edited by Adritch on Mar 14, 2016, 3:47:55 AM
"
I have. I know how much you hit for and I know how much I hit for. And I know that if I moved over 6 nodes and took off RT, I'd hit just as hard as you do with a conservative 50% Crit Strike Chance and a 230% Crit Strike Multiplier. This of course means running Abyssus. But as was pointed out, there's no way you're running Abyssus at top tier maps with heavy mods. You are going to get one-shotted even with 8k HP. The moment you take it off, your DPS falls right in line with my Marohi, non-crit build if I took the helmet off too.

Effectively, all you've done is swap in Abyssus. Literally. You get the same effect from building around Windscream's for the dual curse, moving 4 nodes into DPS (like taking Martial Experience which would net you back more than losing Abyssus gains) and losing that ridiculous debuff of taking 50% more phys damage. Now you can also get life back on your helmet. Win win. To me, that seems way better than building around Abyssus.

So yeah, I've done the math and don't really see why your crit build is miles better than a Marohi non-crit. If anything, it's the same DPS but to get that, you sacrificed lots of defense and have made it really high maintenance by adding the need for lots of charges.

Like I said, the only reason you're seeing these crazy tooltip numbers are because of the attack speed. For raw damage, you do the same as a non-crit with comparable gear. They just don't have that flashy tooltip like your build.

well imo my defense is better and charges have no maintenance. but what do i know, one of us has played only standard marohi, and one of us has played both builds. i can see your stuck on tooltip numbers and abyssus. but you should open your mind a bit more, this build is designed to negate the drawback from abyssus with unlimited 5 second immortal calls, and without immortal call you can have 30-35% from enfeeble, 13% from artic armour, 8x4% charges, fortify, 50% block with rumi's. i doubt i can change your mind on the dps without a video so ill just leave it

Last edited by scott4040 on Mar 14, 2016, 4:14:36 AM
"
Adritch wrote:

Seriously, if you think his build is so fucking bad why dont you get the fuck out of his thread when you have nothing nice to say? what the fuck is your problem

Well I appreciate the second opinion.
"
scott4040 wrote:
"
Looking at your actual damage values, you hit about as hard as a Marohi with a 20k tooltip. You may have more metee attacks between aftershocks but like others have pointed out, you may as well hook up another attack gem.

this is simply false. lol you say i simply "threw the build together with no maths" but you have done none yourself.

so far im yet to reach a map tier high enough (im up to t12 atm) where 1 initial hit of EQ doesn't one shot most packs before the aftershock even goes off. ive never made a video before or recorded gameplay so i have to figure that out before i make a video this week unfortunately, hopefully im in t13/14 by then

Look into Open Broadcaster Software (https://obsproject.com/) for recording your videos. It's open source, so free to use, and doesn't do silly things like paste a watermark or mute audio like some other video recording software does. I use it for streaming usually, but I've also used it for recording a video.
I dont know but maybe you should give the Warped Timepiece a try, it would make sense with your attackspeed (it's actually what im going for right now)
"
Goulashia wrote:
"
Adritch wrote:

Well I appreciate the second opinion.

I appreciate anyone who appreciates that second opinion...

His build is fun and works. That's what matter.
Thanks for your effort to create thread and put your build here. I changed my hegemony ice crush build to yours because of very bad defense. Currently I am happy with it, dps ok, but maybe i will try to manipulate tree to more defense. It is tanky, but sometimes i can be 2 shoted by bosses. Maybe Kaoms Heart can change this situation.
Currently level 82 and I've been playing this build with a 5L lightning coil and abyssus. I absolutely love it. Its the highest damage highest defense build I've played in a long time. Thank you very much for putting out this guide.
Where does the build stand toward uber Atziri?
Viable or naah :)
Still no video?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info