this build was very out of date

I can speak from running with phase acro that reflect is still a big problem. The damage in this build is so insane that even just a couple of hits on a reflect pack will instagib you even with defenses such as vinktar/atziris up. So I'm beginning to believe this build would be much more efficient all around if you drop about 100-200% crit multi. I will be trying that as soon as I get a chance and will give an update.
"
Kimbroslice wrote:
I can speak from running with phase acro that reflect is still a big problem. The damage in this build is so insane that even just a couple of hits on a reflect pack will instagib you even with defenses such as vinktar/atziris up. So I'm beginning to believe this build would be much more efficient all around if you drop about 100-200% crit multi. I will be trying that as soon as I get a chance and will give an update.

No need to drop multi. Grab VP and you are golden. It's only 4 points away from your tree and you will be amazed by how well it works.
Last edited by joeshinつ on Mar 22, 2016, 7:42:39 PM
"
"
Kimbroslice wrote:

No need to drop multi. Grab VP and you are golden. It's only 4 points away from your tree and you will be amazed by how well it works.

If that in fact will solve the problem that will be the best way to go, it just didn't seem like it would be enough. I'll try that first though.
"

You are welcome and I have looked at your setup.

Considering the huge amount of damage you will be dealing, life leech is a must against reflect and VP is needed to accommodate that so you don't die due to the leech rate cap.

However that conflicts with the EB/ZO/MoM combo you are currently running. You will get no es regen even you've converted the life regen to es.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
Vaal Pact needs a description update now that this distinction with ZO exists, to make this clearer, but no, you won't regen ES if you have both.

Overall I think EB/MoM/ZO is not going to work at higher levels. (maybe I am wrong)

My suggestion is to run things on mana as it's not that difficult to stack mana regen from gears and so you can actually utilize leech.

The difference between my tree and thread OP's tree is that I stopped right after getting the 50% pierce chance nodes and did not go for acrobatics area, and went for the duration nodes above scion life wheel instead.

I would assume with phase acrobatics reflect is not as troublesome and using Atziri's Steps might make it even better, and that makes life leech gem and VP unnecessary.

I did not test how well going dodge will help the performance so I cannot give a definite answer on which one is better. I personally prefer to have consistent life leech during long boss fights (such as map daresso/kaom) instead of relying on the abysmal life regen I could possibly get out of stone golem and tree.

It's up to you to decide which one works out for you as not many respec points are needed to switch between the two. Maybe going both dodge and VP would work out as well? Who knows.

Try it and you will see :)

Edit
tbh I think this build would be best going low life - more damage, more auras (I am missing wrath), higher EHP (I barely get a chance to use hp pots), accessibility to vaal discipline for even more tankiness... etc.

I will probably build one once I am done with my current character. Got the currency, just need the time.

Thanks much, I will probably spec out of the EB/MoM/ZO combo as its fun for running wrath but I have seen it condemned from several sources. Wrath/HoI/Clarity might be possible, otherwise I'll just run HoI/AA or HoL/Clarity until/if I ever get the currency to go low life. Aside from that did the gear look okay?
Last edited by ThraxAttack on Mar 22, 2016, 9:00:32 PM
"
ThraxAttack wrote:
Thanks much, I will probably spec out of the EB/MoM/ZO combo as its fun for running wrath but I have seen it condemned from several sources. Wrath/HoI/Clarity might be possible, otherwise I'll just run HoI/AA or HoL/Clarity until/if I ever get the currency to go low life. Aside from that did the gear look okay?

Item setup is fine for EB but if you are going to transition into mana based you would want to get flat mana and mana regen from gears. Also you might want to pick up a few mana regen nodes from tree as well to sustain the cost.
Playing this on HC.

Why is my level 66 badly geared Inquisitor with at least 10 wasted tree points doing more damage than my 91+ fully geared Voltaxic Spark? Oh, I forgot to mention the perma freeze/shock

EDIT: Wow. Insta RIPped to reflect with Sibyl's + Topaz Flask up. Had Life Leech linked to Spark... GG.

DOUBLE EDIT: Woke up to realize I had Ghost Reaver (life leech applies to ES) when I was leveling with ES shield+armor; I took the ES gear off but not Ghost Reaver. RIP Riggedwald
Bought a white 6L and my first alch was this:

I am going to respec EB/MoM/ZO for Vaal Pact and see how it goes. With that chest I have about 5k life and 2k ES so hopefully I will be safe from reflect. I will post my updated DPS numbers once I change my auras around.
Thank you for the build.

After making a spark witch build from someone in this forum, I gave up after burning like 6 exalts in chroms to get a 5 off colours in a lioneyes vision chest.

Doing this build right here, looks much more cheaaaaaaper :D and I prefer the templar to the witch :D .

I read that some people have problems with dying often to the reflect damage. How about using Vinktar flask with vaal pact? Could work no?

"
ThraxAttack wrote:
Bought a white 6L and my first alch was this:

Nice chest for a first try
Last edited by Afura on Mar 29, 2016, 5:44:44 PM
"
Afura wrote:
I read that some people have problems with dying often to the reflect damage. How about using Vinktar flask with vaal pact? Could work no?

It will work. I got a bit disappointed after losing around 40% exp at lv90 so I started running life leech gem as well.
Last edited by joeshinつ on Mar 29, 2016, 7:43:49 PM
"
"
Afura wrote:

It will work. I got a bit disappointed after losing around 40% exp at lv90 so I started running life leech gem as well.

Yea exp loss is a big pain in the Ass. So you put increase duration out and use life leech in that place?

And how about kill speed with the gem? Can you still do Tier 15 maps with that life leech gem?
Last edited by Afura on Mar 30, 2016, 4:58:14 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info