Should Perandus League be voided?

"
StDrakeX wrote:
Strawpoll

Discuss.

[sarcasm]Yes, it should be voided daily starting tonight at Midnight. [/sarcasm]

I would say that those concerned about the effect on Standard league's economy down the road are not representative of the majority of standard players. People play standard for the continuity of their characters, not because of its economy.

Many people play both, with a goal to acquire items in the temporary league so they can use them with other previously acquired gear. Voiding the league would just alienate those players and make them resentful towards GGG and the rest of the community.

PoE's emphasis should be on playing the game, not trading. People who live mostly for the trade should try their skill at virtual stocks and see what real trading looks like. Balancing risk vs reward in real trade is like dancing barefoot on a new razor blade. It isn't for the weak. Pretend trade in PoE has as much semblance to real trade as clicking a mouse does to real fencing.

PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
So reading the replies, the concern is the easy acquisition of uniques from the vendor will eventually wreck havoc on the economy when the league ends and characters are merged to standard?

So what? There is no mechanisms in game for diminishing supply outside of players manually deleting items or characters with items.

Deflation is unavoidable; it's the result of time as the RNG produces more and more items with no control in place to remove them from the market.

The league might speed that up, but why wreck the fun of everyone playing it when on a long enough timeline, it means nothing?

This buzz kill feels bad, man.
I voted yes, though I know it won't...

Instead of making good uniques...We get more vendor trash added and the legacys unlocked. Oh and Crit Multi nerf and this Labyrinth added which I cant do cause I have bad internet aside from game crashes/server instability.

I don't have the patience for this.

Bad patch man.
"
So many people worried about this IMAGINARY WORTH of items in POE.

Unless you are RMTing on the side, I don't see why the hell you would care?

There is no real value to items in this game. I don't see headhunters on ebay for 1K dollars? There is only perceived value and selfish people that like saying "I have something you don't have."

Plain and simple.

Your logic is plain and simple, but that does not make it correct. Different people value different things, and definitely not all of us value everything based on its real world currency exchange rate like you do.
Voted No.
1. They cant void a league. (Well they could, but they would lose a lot of players)
2. Most people do not trade in standard, or even play standard. So even if the perandus league gets tons of unique items, most of them wont be available in standard.
"
DalaiLama wrote:

Many people play both, with a goal to acquire items in the temporary league so they can use them with other previously acquired gear. Voiding the league would just alienate those players and make them resentful towards GGG and the rest of the community.

This is only reason I play Perandus... to get cheap gear for my Standard builds.
Anticipation slowly dissipates...
I can see more Headhunters in Perandus by the end of the league, than in standard in past year...
IGN: PojzonAbyss
[3.2] Immortal Indigon Poet's Pen Hirophant - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2129766
[3.1] Yamata No Orochi - Oni-Goroshi Jugg http://poeurl.com/bHB9
[2.4] The True Queen Of The Forest - Poison LA/BR Pathfinder http://poeurl.com/M6u [Retired]
The idea of what is "trash" in Standard has adjusted in the past... and will continue to adjust. The idea of what is "treasure" changes to.

The league makes finding what used to be "treasure" much easier... at least by a factor of two. All that will do is change the "treasure"-->"trash" rate a bit.

The problem I have with it, is that it created no new "treasures" to fill the vacancy.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
The problem I have with it, is that it created no new "treasures" to fill the vacancy.

Flask of Worms, Iron Commander, Varanustra or do you mean League Exclusive Items. If that's the case yeah I guess. But most people still rather pick up the "Treasure" Items. *cough* Look at I_NO's Topic on Shavronne's *cough*
Just another Forum Signature in a Sea of Signatures.
"
eragon1111 wrote:
I can see more Headhunters in Perandus by the end of the league, than in standard in past year...

Who actually cares?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info