SET FREE THE ASCENDANCY POINTS (or rework the lab) [New ascension methods/lab rework ideas]

Agree with OP, needs to be a way to skip that awful zone.
I agree too, set us free from the labyrinth tyranny!

To those who say "nobody forces you to do the labyrinth" I have to say this:

Nobody forces you to cook or go to a restaurant, you can survive with just plain bread, yet nobody does that in Europe. Nobody forces you to buy new clothes, nobody forces you to clean up etc so keep that suggestions to your mother.

It's very rude to introduce a game as an RPG and then ask (force actually) the player to play a Mario kind of game. If I want to play a game of dexterity I will play a game of dexterity. Here I play an RPG.

I know that this post won't change anything. There are a lot of obnoxious kids who play poe and for them the laby will be more or less easy. There are also the sheep who always do as they are told. These people have forgotten what fun is.

At least I can protest...
"
Regulator wrote:
A 15-25% reduction in numbers from the launch might be enough for a change (though in steamcharts, the percentange logically must be the same-ish with the standalone game launcher too), but the be honest the active flat number of players per day is still way larger than talisman's.

Talisman league was just a minor patch compared to the big advertisement going on for "Ascendancy". Many tech and gaming sites have reported something new would be going on with Path of Exile. Because of this many players got back at PoE or even tangle in new ones. The hype was real. Now the ASPs are locked behind wall ... I bet most of the new playerbase will be gone within a month if laby is not changed.

"
Regulator wrote:

That offource might have to do with the charity league called perandus, or other reasons, i still refuse to believe the majority of the people enjoy lab.

Another good point, but not that important in my opinion. Perandus league players still have to heavily grind those imbalanced golden box guardians with their ridiculous respawn and spam nature. Besides this the league doesn't offer much.

After finishing the laby with several new Perandus characters, I noticed somthing. One type of character had it easy and the other ones gave me a headache. My understanding of this is, that laby scales best with those FOTM skills and builds. As long as they outscale the content, it will be a breeze (i.e. blade vortex).

This is a major offset to me. I want a steady leveling experience with every character, not with a few chosen builds only. It can not be that we have to overlevel the character to come back later to then clear the boring content we should have had some 20 levels before. To get the ASPs 10-20 levels later than you needed them totally ruins the game experience. Endgame laby could still be adjusted if the "elite" players do want a bigger challenge...

To set free the ascendancy points would help so much. Players could still do labyrinth when they wanted to. There is still a good chunk of items / enchants in there for the interested group.
This is best idea ever! I want my free points! I also want them to be assignable without using regrets - so I can change ascendances on the fly.

Also, I really hate how I always start new league without anything, so I think it would be great to have starting chest where I can choose between few top tier items such as Shav, Lightning Coil, Voltaxic and such. It would be balanced if we can choose only one, I don't ask for more.
Alt Art items as League MTX - When?
Well isnt gamging about PLAYING the content in order to gain something in exchange?
In this case its enchants + loot + ascendency points for doing labyrinth.
I am the only one who think lab is pretty solid content made by GGG? The only change I would add to lab is giving map drops higher tier. Hate opening chets with maps and all of them being tier 1.
i agree with op, i dont mind izaro, i cant stand the fucking traps. and people who like them will still have incentive to do it with enchants at the end that they can sell to me.
twitch.tv/jfpforever
"
herflik wrote:
Well isnt gamging about PLAYING the content in order to gain something in exchange?
I am the only one who think lab is pretty solid content made by GGG? [...]

Not the only one.
Yep, gaming should be about playing a game.
maybe add on completing the 6 trials of acne-dancy.
"
Antaiseito wrote:
"
herflik wrote:
I am the only one who think lab is pretty solid content made by GGG? [...]

Not the only one.
Yep, gaming should be about playing a game.

Gaming should be entertaining. If something that is superbly entertaining (what PoE used to be) gets changed a lot, into something that is too long, completely annoying and simply not fun (new trap-thingy gameplay)... Well, there goes the reason to play at all down the toilet, for many.

Content itself good I suppose, for some who likes such gameplay... but points behind such abomination was just bad bad idea.
I am not gonna defend the labyrinth. I think it is extremely poor from an arcade point of view, and even poorer from an adventure-puzzle solving point of view.

However i do not support the idea of letting these points free. The subclass passives are BY FAR the most powerfull passives we have ever seen, and you can get a complete subclass only by doing the labyrinths. If you compare that with what you have to do to get a complete "class" A.K.A. level 100, it's still a piece of cake. So if it's the labyrinth vs insane grinding, i will take the labyrinth any time.

But i do not beleive they should be free, and be available while completing the main storyline. We already get extra skill points, refund points and badit rewards from that, which are enough, and the main game is extremely easy anyway(excluding merciless Malachai, who is optional anyway).
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/417287 - Poutsos Flicker Nuke Shadow

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info