SET FREE THE ASCENDANCY POINTS (or rework the lab) [New ascension methods/lab rework ideas]

GGG needs to do something, they are reaching the point of no return on the players lost.

If they removed the lab i dont think my friends would reinstall, maybe too late to salvage this game.
"
If you died to traps in the lab, you need to seriously improve something, the only time you should die to traps in lab if its an act of God or something, like internet issues, power outage or something you literally cannot control.

So you say people are silly/bad players dieing due to traps, when the whole screen is full of them and you dont even know where you have to go? Joking right?

"
I play HC (although im exploring playing sc next league for various reasons) and if I ever die to traps I will accept the fate, if its worth it or not.

So you thought about joining sc? Hc lab too hard? Easier in sc, true that.
"
Shovelcut wrote:

Fuck it, I'm out. :)

Tag me back in dog!

p.s. Oh man I see these people went lvl20 Q20 ridiculous since they thought I left.
"Dude he fucking said hotdog racist.

Like I can't even make this shit up." - gj

1.0.0 Forum Posters now have 50% less Critical Thinking skill per Patch
Last edited by dickhole_mcghee on May 18, 2016, 6:25:25 PM
"
goetzjam wrote:
"
Turtledove wrote:
"
That Goatz guy is some kind of mad.

It seems that he thinks that if the Labyrinth is not modified but ascendancy points are made available another way then the game will turn to shit. Why? Because he likes Labyrinth and if others aren't forced to do it then PoE has turned to shit. Is it logical? No, is it irrational? Yes but that's the way of the Goatz guy. And me posting my opinion here is invalid. Why? Because I can't know my own mind and know that I don't like trap play. How does the Goatz guy know this? I'm not sure but suspect it has to do with the awesome power of irrationality.

1. Coming from the guy that only plays standard for one.
2. Already ascended 1 character out of like 8.
3. Only has to do the lab once on each of these characters because they were made before the deadline.

If you spent even 1\2 the time you did bitching in this thread doing the lab, you would be done with it,
on all of your characters.

You literally ignore any content in my post and just go with stuff like "hes mad" "hes illogical" but I literally explained why I felt like removing AC from the lab is bad for the game, you ignore this because you rather post low effort jabs instead of having a discussion, quite frankly if you have nothing constructive to add or won't actually acknowledge my responses why the hell are you even responding. Better question is why do mods allow this low effort shit level post to remain, who knows I guess.

Nice spelling job guys, if you want to know how to spell my name, its actually right there next to my picture (and my glorious supporter titles)

Listen Geatz, please stop telling me how to spend my time. You are irrational to think that your statements about how I spend my time is any of your [Removed by Support] business. Sorry I only play standard. Is that supposed to be another jab to try and invalidate my opinion? I don't like trap game play you [Removed by Support]. I don't like it and your assertions that if I played stupid traps more then I'd like it somehow shows your own irrationality.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
Last edited by Nichelle_GGG on May 18, 2016, 7:12:10 PM
"
TheDeathX wrote:
"
If you died to traps in the lab, you need to seriously improve something, the only time you should die to traps in lab if its an act of God or something, like internet issues, power outage or something you literally cannot control.

So you say people are silly/bad players dieing due to traps, when the whole screen is full of them and you dont even know where you have to go? Joking right?

"
I play HC (although im exploring playing sc next league for various reasons) and if I ever die to traps I will accept the fate, if its worth it or not.

So you thought about joining sc? Hc lab too hard? Easier in sc, true that.

Its not that you are automatically bad if you die to traps, but the chances are you aren't playing the game the best you can if you do repeatedly.

The traps are all patterns, you can watch and predict how they work. As with all things if you cant do the traps without deing then you need to learn how to do the traps with a character in a softcore league, like most content a good amount of hardcore players will try something in standard instead of risking their characters in HC leagues.

As for playing in SC, it has more to do with who I typically play with, I have a good friend that is pretty new to the game that I know from IRL and I would like to help get him more acquanted with the game, in order to do that, I would need to play in the SC league. In addition part of the reason why people used to play the HC temp leagues was for the additional challenge presented by the league itself, now that the leagues are 1 idea and playing in sc\hc is really only now an economical difference, then I don't feel like I need to play HC.

HC lad too hard, nice fucking joke m8. I ran it on multiple characters and on the one specifically mentioned above to farm enchantments and obviously never died to traps. It has nothing to do with the lab's difficulty or anything about this latest expansion.

https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
"
Turtledove wrote:
You are irrational...

Wait! Let me stop you there. You have no grounds to be claiming anyone is being irrational.

You like the numbers game so lets play...

mmm numbers
Of your 696 posts there are at least 280 of them regarding the laby. In 76 of those posts you mention ad nauseum that the laby is "boring tedious and not fun" in those exact words, 44 of those posts mention Mario/Prince of Persia/Frogger in some form or another and yet offer no other reason why the laby should be changed. When countered with the "I don't like act 4" argument you say it's not the same thing (when it clearly is) and then expect someone to give reason why they don't like Act 4.
For real doe
I don't like it the same as you don't like the laby, fuck the gameplay aspect...It's a part of the game I loathe, how is it any different?
I'll tell you how...
I man up and play thru that shit.

No wonder you posted those 20something thread links, wasn't hard to find em considering you've posted a shit ton in all of them. Some of the threads actually seem to have a copy/paste response from previous threads you posted in.

Holy shit dude, a large majority of your posts are nothing more than shit posts with no real content other than "laby is boring tedious and not fun prince of persia/mario/frogger blah blah blah".

I'm all for sharing your opinion but at this point you're fucking shoveling it down our throats and shitting on our own opinions or just flat out dismissing them.

Vehemently posting the same thing in roughly 30ish threads seems to me to be truly irrational.

Spoiler
Double Holy Shit...I never would have thought I'd be in 100% agreement with Goetz xD

Also...I lol'd at that pic dickhole_mcghee :P
Double Spoiler
Yep, I was reeeeeallly fucking bored. haha

Sure, I was done with the discussion but ya know...fuck it. lol

If there are truly any changes that need to be done to the laby then so be it but removing the ascendancy points from it should absolutely not be one of the solutions. IMHO that is.

Truly done this time I promise. Besides, at this point it sure seems that everything that can be said regarding the topic has been said repeatedly.

/tags in dickhole
Just a lowly standard player. May RNGesus be with you.
Shovelcut that's some serious sidtherat's "i saw your profile and didn't like it" stalking action you did right there...

"
goetzjam wrote:

Removing the points from the lab isn't an option, it isn't logical lore wise or design wise to do that. So we can look into the options that keep it (and the traps there) because anything else isn't worth discussing.

About lore, we have mjolner.
Why can't we have Izzuro, Izzaro's half brother who gives you the points after Malachai?
I can't see any implication design wise except some minor form of handholding, which goes against GGG's standards, but i think those standards were thrown out of the window the moment they decided to implement Mario into their game.
I'm a forum warrior, i was born to post, raised to defend my league. Now my post has been removed, chained and exiled by mods who Ban. Ban is my brother; i do not fear it. I see it in the eyes of men and beasts that i troll. It will take me to play the actual game when i am ready and i am not ready.
I like best the idea about optionally disabling traps via puzzles which are set up to slow down your progress through the lab (slower than running the traps, anyhow). Such a system would keep the lab apologists happy, too. (Except for a few contrary types.)

A similar solution would make all mazes navigable without going through the traps at all, but via slower routes. This would require a lab-generation algorithm redesign.

Either solution requires additional work for GGG, but not *that* much.

Do we have a winner here?
Wash your hands, Exile!
"

About lore, we have mjolner.
Why can't we have Izzuro, Izzaro's half brother who gives you the points after Malachai?
I can't see any implication design wise except some minor form of handholding, which goes against GGG's standards, but i think those standards were thrown out of the window the moment they decided to implement Mario into their game.

We have Mjolner... so?
Almost 100% of items available in game (white bases) are based upon real life, existing in history equipment. We have an unique, which name is an anagram to fucking Minecraft (Infractem).
Is it lore breaking, because we have something that exist(ed) reality, or is pointing towards it? Of course not.

Ps. Can we stop with idiotic "Mario" arguments, please? It implies Mario is a bad game, lol...
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
That's exactly what i am saying Perq

"Why can't we have Izzuro, Izzaro's half brother who gives you the points after Malachai?"
Izzuro is something from something else that exists in reality already (Izzaro)
Is it lore breaking, because we will have something that exist(ed) reality, or is pointing towards it? Of course not.

And the mario argument is not silly, it's true
I'm a forum warrior, i was born to post, raised to defend my league. Now my post has been removed, chained and exiled by mods who Ban. Ban is my brother; i do not fear it. I see it in the eyes of men and beasts that i troll. It will take me to play the actual game when i am ready and i am not ready.
Last edited by Pyrokar on May 19, 2016, 2:18:32 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info