SET FREE THE ASCENDANCY POINTS (or rework the lab) [New ascension methods/lab rework ideas]

"
Vortextreme wrote:
"
"
Vortextreme wrote:

My primary objection has always been about the addition of trap/spike/blade running/jumping switch puzzle stuff,

Srs question, how is it different than any of the cast on death stuff, like GODDAM poison zombies or the bloodline mods?

They use existing game mechanics (monsters, skills and spells), although they are occasionally a cheap way to die since it is difficult to read the monster descriptions in a real-time game with a lot of effects going on. Running around a spike maze is something for a different game. I wouldn't be playing PoE if that was in the game I originally downloaded.

you have a lvl58 character. for last week. you post here and do not play. havent seen the endgame yet but still have strong opinions about what is what and what is the 'game'.

news for you: incidental, limited, semi-optional traps/challenges ARE now part of the game. like it or not
"
sidtherat wrote:

you have a lvl58 character. for last week. you post here and do not play. havent seen the endgame yet but still have strong opinions about what is what and what is the 'game'.

news for you: incidental, limited, semi-optional traps/challenges ARE now part of the game. like it or not

I object to the kind of challenge which I have experienced in the trials. Do you not understand the concept of feedback? Everyone should just shut up that doesn't agree with you or GGG changes?

I've already said I am waiting for the update before I do the Labyrinth. The update came out yesterday.
i dont think ggg reading this whine threads
if i ggg i certanly wouldn't read them ))

its all about players count what matters, and only that show how people like something or not, i just hope they have some programs for accurate analisys of preferences, and they could compare f.e. number of players who really played act4 after its release(and i spose about 99%), and number of players who run those Labirynth now, and start/stop play game at all

But all this frustration of people who dont like Lab and thus dont have an option is really a very minor issue if total players numbers is ok, so you can go uninstall... but if player count dropping alot, then they will change something for sure

sadly this design decision "not for everybody" is very poor imo, whatever they'll do now some cluster of plyers wouldnt be happy anyway
Last edited by old_joe on Mar 11, 2016, 9:55:53 AM
Good evening everyone. While we love feedback from all views, we certainly would prefer it if discussions were kept civil and polite. Everyone has the right to give feedback and offer suggestions, and even if you find them disagreeable, please remain respectful of that right.
Need some help? Contact us at support@grindinggear.com

Queen of Padlocks
Its actually astonishing how even after so many rebuttals, the white knights still try to defend something out of pure emotion. I can understand that many feel humiliated with the consecutive dismissal of your puny almost fictional arguments, and your ego is hurt but stop it right here please for your own sake. Have you people even see the parts of the video i kindly marked for you? How can you be so impudent and disregard FACTS while you provide none in your pesky attempts for argument?

Projection? You seriously keep trying very hard to find arguments and every time you fail so you get back to nothing, and this time you searched for a fancy word to use too :), but also tried to make fun with the thread posting images and other conspiracy thinking crap. Can i ask how much time did you spent on trying to find a term that - for no apparent reason - you thought would be fitting here?

There is a big difference between being rude/offensive and being cynic and stoic, stating things as they are is insulting only to those who are insecure and/or ashamed of themselves. Something that obviously hit the spot with all the white (and one blue) knights.

If valid facts supported by visual content cant make you understand how similar to a totally different game style labyrinth is then nothing can, just hope not everyone in the other side of the debate is so narrow-minded and spiteful (observations) as some posting nosense here and similar threads.

Ill link again my previous post with the video for people to actually see and get a better grasp what bothers a lot of us :
Spoiler
Spike Trap

Ill put some timestambs for all the lazy white knights to see :

2:50:00 - Lava Floor
3:34:00 - Puzzle to progress
3:58:35 - Spike Trap
3:58:50 - Another Trap

Tomb Rider and other Indiana Jones titles had similar gameplay others with more traps other with less.
I only linked that kind of games cause for some youngsters here in the forums to make a connection to an arcade game is rather hard and difficult for us to explain the similarities.

Now tell me, do you need even more proof to see that the labyrinth is totally different and not fit for PoE?

P.S. : At least this time you put some effort on your post A+ for effort, F for failing to PROVE anything again. Also thanks for actually making even more people realise what we are talking about in the rest of the threads as well as in this one, making fool of yourself (fact and observation) actually helps more than you can possibly imagine.
Inundated with cockroaches, I am

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1609216 - labyrinth rework ideas/suggestions
My god man you've spent more time QQing here then it takes for you to do the lab multiple times. Grats OP on wasting your time spamming the forums instead of just doing the challenge and be done with it.

https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
"
goetzjam wrote:
My god man you've spent more time QQing here then it takes for you to do the lab multiple times. Grats OP on wasting your time spamming the forums instead of just doing the challenge and be done with it.

Are you saying discussing the direction PoE is not worthwhile endeavor? What are you doing here then? Shouldn't you be enjoying the your puzzle game?
Last edited by Vortextreme on Mar 11, 2016, 11:10:55 AM
"
Regulator wrote:
[...]

Tomb Rider and other Indiana Jones titles had similar gameplay others with more traps other with less.
I only linked that kind of games cause for some youngsters here in the forums to make a connection to an arcade game is rather hard and difficult for us to explain the similarities.

[...]

Weren't these games called Action Adventures?
So Action RolePlayingGame is almost half the same...
For RoleplayingGame see for example Legend of Grimrock, lot's of pressure plates, traps and spikes.

This is more what i'd call arcade game (or shmup):
Touhou Boss Fight: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyLsLCPZWUs
(and it has quite some similarities with Malachai (i liked Malachai))

If you want to argue words, that is...

Edit: better vid :D
Last edited by Antaiseito on Mar 11, 2016, 11:07:01 AM
"
Regulator wrote:
Its actually astonishing how even after so many rebuttals, the white knights still try to defend something out of pure emotion. I can understand that many feel humiliated with the consecutive dismissal of your puny almost fictional arguments, and your ego is hurt but stop it right here please for your own sake. Have you people even see the parts of the video i kindly marked for you? How can you be so impudent and disregard FACTS while you provide none in your pesky attempts for argument?

Projection? You seriously keep trying very hard to find arguments and every time you fail so you get back to nothing, and this time you searched for a fancy word to use too :), but also tried to make fun with the thread posting images and other conspiracy thinking crap. Can i ask how much time did you spent on trying to find a term that - for no apparent reason - you thought would be fitting here?

There is a big difference between being rude/offensive and being cynic and stoic, stating things as they are is insulting only to those who are insecure and/or ashamed of themselves. Something that obviously hit the spot with all the white (and one blue) knights.

If valid facts supported by visual content cant make you understand how similar to a totally different game style labyrinth is then nothing can, just hope not everyone in the other side of the debate is so narrow-minded and spiteful (observations) as some posting nosense here and similar threads.

Ill link again my previous post with the video for people to actually see and get a better grasp what bothers a lot of us :
Spoiler
Spike Trap

Ill put some timestambs for all the lazy white knights to see :

2:50:00 - Lava Floor
3:34:00 - Puzzle to progress
3:58:35 - Spike Trap
3:58:50 - Another Trap

Now tell me, do you need even more proof to see that the labyrinth is totally different and not fit for PoE?

P.S. : At least this time you put some effort on your post A+ for effort, F for failing to PROVE anything again. Also thanks for actually making even more people realize what we are talking about in the rest of the threads as well as in this one, making fool of yourself (fact and observation) actually helps more than you can possibly imagine.

Because at the end of the day, it's all just garbage. Whether or not it "belongs" in a game like this has little to no value. By making a comparison to games that have come before and saying "See? It's wrong that it's here, because it's clearly here in a game which belongs to this genre and not in a game which belongs in this genre", you are just effectively crippling the developers from doing anything that hasn't been done before.

All that accomplishes is imposing limiting boundaries on the developers that state basically "Be creative as long as you stay within these boxes clearly defined by my past perception and categorizations of previous games."

I don't give a fuck if it "should" be in an APRG. You don't give a fuck either if "should not" be in an APRG based on your OP.

What you care about is having the game changed to fit your personal standards because you personally like the Ascendancy classes and find them valuable and personally dislike the Labyrinth.

You play PoE, because it's different and fun and you want developer's to be creative, but then as soon as they do something that you don't like (which is life; nobody likes every piece of future content released), you cling to these stereotypes you carefully define as some kind of bullshit ammunition to push your own personal preferences.

If you just flat out came out and said it, just were like "Hey, this is what I don't like about the Labyrinth as a player and how my experience would be better if changed.", you won't hear a word from me in rebuttal. That's being real and honest about your intentions, not cloaking it in all this bullshit about how these changes are for the greater philosophical good of the game itself.

Your noble crusade is nothing more than to satisfy your own selfishness just like my rebuttal is to satisfy my own.
Last edited by MadRabbitPoE on Mar 11, 2016, 11:10:05 AM
"
goetzjam wrote:

Plus your signature

While im sure i would have finished the lab if i had put even the slightest of effort as you said, im consciously objecting in doing so. Im still having fun with the core game, but im extremely disappointed that i wont mess around with the AC, cause the compination of the new playstyle and the decision to gate something so big behind it, is foundamentaly opposed to my standards for PoE.

We are analyzing what the future of PoE might be if that design sticks, and obviously many people are interested on the matter on either side of the debate. It only seems QQing if you dont understand the worries we express in general, in which case i suggest to read again or refrain yourself from posting.

Inundated with cockroaches, I am

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1609216 - labyrinth rework ideas/suggestions

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info