SET FREE THE ASCENDANCY POINTS (or rework the lab) [New ascension methods/lab rework ideas]

"
Regulator wrote:
"
goetzjam wrote:

As stated likely here and elsewhere the removal of AC from the lab isn't logical for the game. Not only that it removes the largest factor people do the lab and removes the "need" for you to do the content they specifically want you to do. I feel like we are going in circles because people won't just let this topic die down until after the next major league, the chances that the lab gets any changes, other then the fixes to ES\ect before then is slim to none.

As ignorantly and without any solid reasoning stated you want to say on the first sentence. Lore? Easy solution provided in the OP. Get your shit together.

The same content they incentivize players to skip ? Wake up from the slumber, labyrinth as is makes absolutely no sense besides lore, it changed the ACTION in ARPG to ARCADE, it divided the community like nothing before, it spawned countless threads against it, and some of them still are alive 2 fucking months after the release.

You must be out of your mind to blindly dismiss feedback however small and insignificant it might seem to your narrow-minded point of view. But as always i just wasted 3 minutes of my life to write something that will make absolutely no difference since WK just skip reason and logic whenever they encounter it.

Why arent you ingame playing the precious lab by the way? Or are you bored/frustrated by it too? Cause you seem to spent much more time defending that shit than actually playing the game

You know your point is pathetic when you end with "why aren't you playing the lab right now"

As stated on here before I don't have the ability to play the game 24\7, but I do have the ability to browse the web while working.

Says my first sentence doesn't have any reasoning, ignores the reset of what I said afterwords. Like your reading comprehension is at an all time low dude. "get your shit together"

It fits the lore and the gameplay elements of avoiding traps or ground effects are nothing new to ARPG games, just FYI d3 did the hammer style traps in vanilla d3. There is environmental affects you can hit that cause you to take damage, compared to this game, which already has ground effects you need to avoid like bearers. Its honestly not that farfetched, the traps are all on patterns, learn the pattern and avoid the damage.

Following your logic the introduction of masters turned this game from an ARPG game into an ARPG\MMO hybrid because of "dailies"

Poe needs to grow as a game and they can't do it if people like you cry about anything you feel "doesnt fit", simply put too fucking bad. People haven't liked many of the things they have done, I'm one of them, but to do what you do and just cry about the lab, literally every fucking day is just pathetic.

I can appreciate people giving feedback, but suggesting shit like the straw poll represents shit I cannot. I can appreciate when people give detailed experiences saying they've done this this and this and they just don't enjoy it, I can't however support lazy statements like "daily lab still sucks" or "i dont want to do it" type feedbacks, those are mainly useless to the devs.

https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
"
Turtledove wrote:

You are plainly wrong, even contradicting yourself. On the one hand you state that "The straw pool means nothing." Then later you admit that it does have some meaning. You assert falsely that there is no relationship between people browsing the forums and the general population. The people browsing the forums is after all a portion of the population. The situation regarding straw polls is exactly as I stated it.
"While it is true that not being a random sample for the straw poll sample means that it is not the best representation of the full population, it does not mean useless. What it means is that caution must be used when interpreting the results."
I presented a cautious interpretation of the poll showing 53% of the people dislike labyrinth. We could be even more cautious and take the ridiculous position that all 201 votes rating the labyrinth as the worst should be discarded. Then it works out to be 277/612 = 45%. That is STILL 45% of the people saying that they dislike labyrinth. Sorry Geotzjam, the numbers don't lie, that is STILL a very significant portion of the people.

The last two paragraphs is simply your opinion and guess as to what GGG will decide, even though you try to present them as hard fact. What you seem to ignore is the obvious fact that GGG wants people to like PoE and to have fun when they play PoE. If they can make a simple change that significantly would improve those two important considerations then they would typically make that simple change.

That isn't a contradiction, the straw poll means nothing in the terms of "feedback" or being useful. If you want to say it means anything, then you need to say in how it can mean anything, but I consider it to be insignificant. As I later discussed on why its too insignificant to mean anything.

You can't interpret the poll in any circumstance other then what it is, which is an assessment of whoever browsed that thread and answered it, that doesn't correlate to a general population or the game as whole. Which means the information is useless.

YOU FUCKING CANT APPLY YOUR POLLING RESULTS TO THE REST OF THE POPULATION, because the poll is in a location where people aren't going to seek it out. Like you would have to be a fucking idiot to interpret the poll as a mirror of the results from the rest of the actual people that havent answered it.

You don't seem to be understanding the simple fact of the matter is the poll is only seeking results from PEOPLE HERE, that means its only a REPRESENTATION OF PEOPLE THAT FUCKING SAW IT HERE. It isn't a representation of ANYTHING else and it CANNOT BE.

As for the whole "its just your opinion" no its a fact they don't do changes based on strawpolls, Chris was on ZiggyD's stream a while back and they did a strawpoll he actually commented they didn't like polls as there simply isn't a way to get a good representation of the community.

For example if you do a strawpoll in Ziggyd's stream that says do you like the lab, its not a representation of the community as a whole, its a representation of ziggy'ds viewers, nothing more.

Plus you fucking play in standard, just do the lab once and be done with it, my signature is a prime example of people like you that really have nothing to say, just arguing to argue.

FeelsBadMan

I'll take your rude foul language post as an indication that you no longer are able to discuss the issue rationally.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
Hey guys,

We welcome and encourage open and honest discussion in the forums, but tensions seem to be getting a little bit high in this topic. Please remember to keep your discussion and feedback constructive and free of any personal attacks against other forum users.

Please take a read over our Code of Conduct and keep them in mind whenever you are posting on the forums:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1457463

If you have any questions or concerns please email support@grindinggear.com, or you are welcome to PM us on the forums. :)
Contact us at support@grindinggear.com!
"
goetzjam wrote:

As for the whole "its just your opinion" no its a fact they don't do changes based on strawpolls, Chris was on ZiggyD's stream a while back and they did a strawpoll he actually commented they didn't like polls as there simply isn't a way to get a good representation of the community.

Strange fact since they just changed a 2 week event based on community feedback and a poll they made themself.
"
wyll wrote:
"
goetzjam wrote:

Strange fact since they just changed a 2 week event based on community feedback and a poll they made themself.

They changed it because of the reddit thread that prompted them to make a poll, ultimately the poll had no real affect, not to mention that poll isnt about changing the way the game works, it was about changing the 2 week event. It also was not a strawpoll.

But if you think its the same, despite everything else I've said then...

FeelsBadMan

"
goetzjam wrote:

I can appreciate people giving feedback, but suggesting shit like the straw poll represents shit I cannot. I can appreciate when people give detailed experiences saying they've done this this and this and they just don't enjoy it, I can't however support lazy statements like "daily lab still sucks" or "i dont want to do it" type feedbacks, those are mainly useless to the devs.

So after two months of over 50 threads bashing on lab on so many DIFFERENT levels you still believe that? Especially for this one? Are you trying to troll or what?

You cant appreciate shit, if you did you wouldnt bash on feedback but instead make arguments to why this is not a good idea. But you dont have any arguments to begin with and thats how things are, you only try to force your totally ingorant and inexperienced opinion for some unknown reason, which totally supports why you are considered the epitome of white knightism (at least enlighten us if GGG pays you to say things like that to try to justify your extreme and stubbornly immovamble, totally objective and unsupported by any reasonable argument opinion). Btw the contradiction level of your posts is mind numbing, and its obnoxious as hell too.

Ill refer to the Greek proverb i used some time ago just to show that since reason does not seem to make any sense to WK across the forum nothing will : "If when arguing with unreasonable and naive people you employ even for a moment their tactics you will instantly lose the debate. Their whole life is based on ignorance, naivety and nonsesical facts, its only natural that their experience with them will outmatch yours"

After this post ill decline to respond/rebutal for the 100nth time to narrow-minded comments, so seriously dont expect a continuation of this conversation any time soon unless with a magical way you somehow start making sensible arguments.

"
Turtledove wrote:
I'll take your rude foul language post as an indication that you no longer are able to discuss the issue rationally.

Not that the specific person actually used reason anytime before to do so now :). Mate dont bother reasonably analyzing any kind of poll/charts since if its not officially stated by GGG the white knights dissmiss even the existance of such stats. I for once agree that cautiously we can come to reasanble conclussions even with a much smaller participation number, with what stats we have.

"
Turtledove wrote:
What you seem to ignore is the obvious fact that GGG wants people to like PoE and to have fun when they play PoE. If they can make a simple change that significantly would improve those two important considerations then they would typically make that simple change.

If only mate, if only. So simple yet so unreasonably complicated for some.
Inundated with cockroaches, I am

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1609216 - labyrinth rework ideas/suggestions
You cannot reason people out of a position that they did not reason themselves into.
"
Vortextreme wrote:
You cannot reason people out of a position that they did not reason themselves into.

"
Regulator wrote:

"
Turtledove wrote:
What you seem to ignore is the obvious fact that GGG wants people to like PoE and to have fun when they play PoE. If they can make a simple change that significantly would improve those two important considerations then they would typically make that simple change.

If only mate, if only. So simple yet so unreasonably complicated for some.

Yes, there are obviously some people that for some reason are emotionally tied to the status quo. I really don't understand why that could possibly be? Perhaps they feel GGG would look favorably on them for some reason if they mindlessly defend GGG. My view is that GGG is sincerely interested in making PoE the best game that it can be and appreciates the opinions of people that love playing PoE. So, I'll continue trying to rationally discuss this issue here on this forum. Regards,
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
What if YOU are the things you accuse others to be?
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info