SET FREE THE ASCENDANCY POINTS (or rework the lab) [New ascension methods/lab rework ideas]

"
Siochan wrote:
Seems that the two biggest and most popular threads these days are "The lab sucks and is the worst content ever" and "WTF is Ascendency Points having anything to do with the cancer lab?" ... so lame if the lab doesn't get drastically changed/removed.

Also fun fact, a post that has been stickied as the #1 post since Jan of 2013 has < 90k views when this and the cancer lab post has only been up for under two months and almost has 20k views and more posts.

I think it's pretty clear, the lab is cancer, remove it.

Yeah, because quantity always means quality. More views -> More Quality. Right?

Lmao. I'm pretty sure, that if you started talking about your world views, and so on, I'd find quite a bit of (sick in the head) people, who'd want you removed. Does this mean these people are right, and you should be removed? No.

Neither does amount of views means that these threads are correct. Want a quantity argument?

There you go! Quantity means I'm right, so no changes should be ever made to Labyrinth. Right? No. Again.
Changes are needed, but if you insist on beating that dead horse, and repeating that you want it removed, and you accept no consensus between two parties, you might as well just stop, because all you do here is wasting your breath. Changes can be made, if people invent a way to please both sides.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
Last edited by Perq on Apr 29, 2016, 4:39:11 AM
I feel i need to say that, cause ive seen quite a few supporting it. This thread is not about removing the labyrinth but rather removing or reallocating the ascendancy points rewarded in the labyrinth. There is a huge foundamental difference. Removing lab completely means GGG throws in the trash months of hard work and that will never (should never) happen, while just reallocating AC points just means more happy players.

Extremes are never the wise solution, and thats why not only i support labyrinth to stay as it is - with the exception of Ascendancy points rewarded (only) there - but even suggested buffs regarding the playstyle and the whole player experience, the rewards in the end and a higher level area lab.

Spoiler
My suggestion was a t10 unique map based on labyrinth, that merci Izaro has 50% chance to drop by killing him and cannot drop from anywhere else. Traps, layout, and izaro fights are totally random in that map (not the same every day), i mean TOTALLY RANDOM. The end room would offer the highest possible enchants, plus the usual treasure chests plus new labyrinth map only specific uniques etc.
Inundated with cockroaches, I am

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1609216 - labyrinth rework ideas/suggestions
"
Regulator wrote:
I feel i need to say that, cause ive seen quite a few supporting it. This thread is not about removing the labyrinth but rather removing or reallocating the ascendancy points rewarded in the labyrinth. There is a huge foundamental difference. Removing lab completely means GGG throws in the trash months of hard work and that will never (should never) happen, while just reallocating AC points just means more happy players.

Extremes are never the wise solution, and thats why not only i support labyrinth to stay as it is - with the exception of Ascendancy points rewarded (only) there - but even suggested buffs regarding the playstyle and the whole player experience, the rewards in the end and a higher level area lab.

Spoiler
My suggestion was a t10 unique map based on labyrinth, that merci Izaro has 50% chance to drop by killing him and cannot drop from anywhere else. Traps, layout, and izaro fights are totally random in that map (not the same every day), i mean TOTALLY RANDOM. The end room would offer the highest possible enchants, plus the usual treasure chests plus new labyrinth map only specific uniques etc.

Its funny because you don't realize that moving the points from the lab and throwing it on anything else is essentially making all that work pointless, just because you are unwilling to play an aspect of the game as designed, an optional one at that.

Not going to happen, I don't know why I have to say it again and again.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
"
goetzjam wrote:

Its funny because you don't realize that moving the points from the lab and throwing it on anything else is essentially making all that work pointless, just because you are unwilling to play an aspect of the game as designed, an optional one at that.

Of course it could happen; if the majority of the playerbase hates labyrinth. Just because you are in the minority of players who enjoy labyrinth, does not mean you get to just make some crazy declaration about what happens in the game.

Not sure how you have gained this sense of entitlement to be the boss of GGG and PoE, very strange attitude here.
After playing more than 2/3 of this league, i start to love the lab. Yes!!! I love it - although i am not a lab farmer !!!!
Its give me some good action beside some atziri or uber - things that become easier when i have enough gear, or get used to its mechanics. Even sweeter than play the core - where u can choose to give up malachai , roll easy mod or zergling 6 ports.
I played 4 chars this league to lvl 85+ and i easily did lab 0 death with my last 2 chars with whirling blade and blink arrow.
I think GGG should keep this as a small game in poe and give it more reward scaling on how good u invest in a run or how fast u complete it.
Some downside of this league is too much rng on farming item because cadiro-although i can access to old league item in tempt league. And GOLDEN PACKS!!!!! For god shakes, i cant event lvling my ranger over 65 from lvl 60 in like 2-3 days because of them. I do complete the game one, i want to try a new char. Please give me some advantages in lvling new chars so that i can enjoy the main purposes of this game.
Last edited by T_Speed on Apr 29, 2016, 10:26:08 AM
"
Khoranth wrote:
"
goetzjam wrote:

Of course it could happen; if the majority of the playerbase hates labyrinth. Just because you are in the minority of players who enjoy labyrinth, does not mean you get to just make some crazy declaration about what happens in the game.

Not sure how you have gained this sense of entitlement to be the boss of GGG and PoE, very strange attitude here.

The majority don't dictate any game design choices in this game, the majority can't even come together to make something apparent or not.

You and OP don't get to speak on behalf of the majority.

Its not a crazy declaration its clear by statements made by Chris on the podcast that they aren't going to move the ascendancy points outside of the lab, if you want to continue to be a delusional person, by all means do, but that won't change the outcome in the slightest.

I'm not the boss of GGG or PoE, GGG dictates what happens in PoE and statements made indicate that you and OP are pointless in your attempts and you have to resort to pointless arguments and down right dumb statements like misusing the term "white knight"

I happen to like the lab, that doesn't mean I dont see room for improvement, but asendancy classes not being tied to the lab is simply not an option.

Its funny to me how most of the people that dislike the lab are inexperienced...
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
"
goetzjam wrote:

its clear by statements made by Chris on the podcast that they aren't going to move the ascendancy points outside of the lab, if you want to continue to be a delusional person, by all means do, but that won't change the outcome in the slightest.

+1

A step further: the time spent complaining about this relatively new bit of gameplay would be better used actually playing through the content. There's a lot of helpful information everyday that trivializes: 1) the time it takes 2) the overall difficulty 3) the secret content available. It's pretty easy compared to some of the other game content and there's quite a bit of loot involved with the process too if you know what you're doing. Furthermore, choosing to ignore the benefits of running the lab while ranting that you hate what is essentially a 20 minute build check in each difficulty is at least a little obnoxious. The fact that people choose to be obnoxious does not validate their view points.

I do think relevant issues have been brought up and the devs are hopefully working on those (I'm not going to waste time reiterating them). "I do not like the content" is not a relevant issue, it is an opinion.
"
goetzjam wrote:

Its not a crazy declaration its clear by statements made by Chris on the podcast that they aren't going to move the ascendancy points outside of the lab

I believe you are referring to podcast number 51 right? if yes please point the time he talks about it or implies it, if its not that podcast video please link the podcast you are referring to and timestamp.

"
goetzjam wrote:

Unless OP means something else in your mind that sentence makes no sense. Since in the OP only facts are presented and then i make a suggestion plus offer alternatives. There is not even a hint/clue that i make a generalization thus speaking for the majority as you ignorantly claim.

[Removed by Support]
Inundated with cockroaches, I am

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1609216 - labyrinth rework ideas/suggestions
Last edited by Alexcc_GGG on Apr 29, 2016, 12:45:40 PM
"
Regulator wrote:
[Removed by Support]

It's absolutely not relevant, but Goetz and I frequently do not agree. The fact that we agree has no relevancy to your thread. There are other posters on your thread that also agree with us, I'm sure they are disappointed you didn't sternly call them out for disagreeing with you. Please take a moment next time to try to be more offensive to a broader spectrum of the community that encompasses everyone that thinks your view is based primarily in your dislike for the lab.

I would add that your personal attacks and insults also have no relevancy but that doesn't seem to discourage you from making them so let's just say I disagree with the manner in which you attempt to make your case stronger via name calling and excessively exaggerated linguistic assaults. Your false claim towards not violating the Forum terms is a little out of place considering your entire post is aggressive, personal, and clearly in violation of said terms.

It was pretty clear in the podcast that while GGG is looking at changes for the lab in recognition of existing problems (ES, latency, etc) they were not considering removing AC from the lab. I don't have time to do Goetz's legwork for him right now but it doesn't alter the fact that while he listened to the whole message you merely heard what you wanted to hear.

**Assuming great sweeping changes ARE going to be made, if you look at the timeline on past changes GGG has made to existing content and mechanics you would see these are typically made slower than even a patient person would be comfortable waiting for**
Last edited by Alexcc_GGG on Apr 29, 2016, 12:46:15 PM
"
goetzjam wrote:

I used the word if as a qualifier. I apologize if you did not understand my post because English is not your first language. Go read up on the use of the word if in the English language, then re-read my post.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info