SET FREE THE ASCENDANCY POINTS (or rework the lab) [New ascension methods/lab rework ideas]

"
Zalhan2 wrote:
"
Turtledove wrote:
"
raics wrote:
It's a vocal minority, yes.

It's definitely a very small minority that posts in the forum. I'd guess less than 1%.

And if it's not them that's the minority but us why do they care?

And if it's not going to change why get mad when we post our valid opinions?

Nothing makes sense except people have quit because they made the Lab unavoidable when before their charter was make a better D2 game.

That's a good question. I've joked that they are participating in RMT and think if they are supporting GGG on the forums then it's less likely that they will be permanently banned if caught. That is probably being too logical though? :-)
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
My idea:

Regular Lab. 2 points
Work Izaro/Goddess into two mainline story fights. 4 points
Uber Lab. 2 points.

Halving Lab trips would be nice. And would make sense with the removal of cruel/merc.
I'm done donating. I'm a man of my word :)
"
Laminar_Flow1 wrote:
My idea:

Regular Lab. 2 points
Work Izaro/Goddess into two mainline story fights. 4 points
Uber Lab. 2 points.

Halving Lab trips would be nice. And would make sense with the removal of cruel/merc.

That's a good idea, IMHO. Combination implementation of no change and III, perhaps IV in the OP.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"

You have never donated a dime. And no I'm not talking about forum badges for supporter packs. I'm talking about the definition of donating. Buying supporter packs is not a donation, it's a purchase.

And yes, Turtle, let's continue to discuss changes that will never happen. If you think we care just because we reply here, or that we're scared that we're the minority (good one Zalhan), you have another thing coming.

Oh, and then the best of all. The remote accusation of being involved in RMT on the basis of running people through the Labyrinth is hilarious. I hear the 1c that people ask for a Lab run is quite lucrative. Practically swimming in cash in just a few hundred thousand runs. But hey, at least we can do it. :)
Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.
Last edited by Xavathos on May 29, 2017, 6:05:08 PM
People posting in the PoE forum is definitely the minority. Less than 1% of the player base would be my guess.

Oh yes, thanks for reminding me. The other silly accusation I've made is that people post here in support of protecting their lab run business or to have a posting record in support of GGG to lessen the chance that they will permanently banned for RMT.

(The reason I call the statements silly is that I don't really believe it. Although it very well could be true for a few?)
"
Xavathos wrote:
"

You have never donated a dime. And no I'm not talking about forum badges for supporter packs. I'm talking about the definition of donating. Buying supporter packs is not a donation, it's a purchase.

And yes, Turtle, let's continue to discuss changes that will never happen. If you think we care just because we reply here, or that we're scared that we're the minority (good one Zalhan), you have another thing coming.

Oh, and then the best of all. The remote accusation of being involved in RMT on the basis of running people through the Labyrinth is hilarious. I hear the 1c that people ask for a Lab run is quite lucrative. Practically swimming in cash in just a few hundred thousand runs. But hey, at least we can do it. :)

Donated more than you, noob.
I've thought about this thread recently a lot and wondered if I would be a considered a supporter of decoupling the Ascendancy points. I don't hate the lab unlike I assume, most people on this thread. I run merc lab semi-regularly whenever the lab looks fast or has extra keys. That being said, I do wish the Ascendancy points were decoupled from the lab because it wastes time. I hate the fact that I have to go through normal and cruel labs for no apparent reason because quite frankly, the lab loot at those levels is typically unrewarding unless you're that guy on reddit with normal lab ... Even Uber lab requires so many steps to gain access to it and then once you do gain access, any random dc or death and you've completely wasted your time.

To do this again and again with each character gets really annoying. There has to be a better way to get your ascendancy points while still retaining the lab.

IDK if this has been suggested before, but in 3.0 beta, you should gain your first 3 ascendancy points after killing dominus. The next 3 ascendancy points will be gotten directly after your resistances drop for the first time. Then your final 2 ascendancy points will be gotten after that final resistance drop.

What's nice about this approach is that it almost acts as a form of compensation for the change in difficulty once your resistances have been lowered. It also ties in to the story line a bit more. Lastly, it also helps the Scion out a tiny bit by making sure the Scion at least has one real Ascendancy at the same time as everyone else.
^
That's purely free power.
When you defeat a boss, you get to progress through the story, that's your reward, it's already there : no need for more.

You don't know what ties to the story at all, since you don't know the story yet.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
"
Fruz wrote:
^
That's purely free power.
When you defeat a boss, you get to progress through the story, that's your reward, it's already there : no need for more.

You don't know what ties to the story at all, since you don't know the story yet.

If they balanced the game without the ascendency points then we could just remove them. Rejoyce then.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info