SET FREE THE ASCENDANCY POINTS (or rework the lab) [New ascension methods/lab rework ideas]

"
Imarion wrote:
Completely agree (at least with the title, I did not read the 400+ pages lol).

See also my recent post:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1835684

When Lab was released I came back to the game.
I was very close to buying some stash slots.
I decided to try the lab before, then I stopped the game ...

... until today and 2.6.0.
I started a new character to play in the Legacy league and will probably again stop by the time my character reaches lab level. Well I will try it just to see, but I'm almost sure to know how it will end up.

I like the game and most of its quite unique concepts, but there is this adamantium door preventing me to progress. So until I find this key, or the guys who built it, open it, I'll be locked outside.

Imarion

Hi Imarion, thank you for sharing your opinion of the HA Labyrinth (Horrible abomination). I've added your name to the list of 716 people that have voiced their opinion in this forum that the Labyrinth needs to be changed or the ascendancy points need to be moved elsewhere so that Frogger or Mario Brothers type trap game play isn't required to advance one's character in an ARPG. Over 290 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 710 posters in support

Here's Imarion's profile summary

Last Visited:
Mar 9, 2017

Total Forum Posts:
73 (0.04 posts per day)

P.S. I suggest that you just try to ignore the insulting internet trolls here that attack and try to belittle people who don't like the Labyrinth.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
I love playing Path of Exile, before labyrinth I had 100% enjoyment. Now I fall on that 80/20 rule. And labyrinth is my 20%.

I love playing the game, but knowing that I need to run the lab every single time to get an ascendancy for every new character that I make, makes me think twice before starting a new build...

Here's a Forum Post that I've made a while ago addressing some points of the Labyrinth:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1677107

It's a full-content suggestion thread, but It has some suggestions specific to the Labyrinth down there. In my honest opinion it would help, but I don't know what to do with ascendancy points. It really bothers the need of running the lab all the time =(
Dream with me !
Last edited by Hilldrake on Mar 9, 2017, 5:55:42 PM
"
raics wrote:
"
Imarion wrote:
Yep, and I should be able to go in a level 36 area, shouldn't I ?
At least in a correctly designed game you can ;)
Imarion

What's preventing you from going in?

Bad faith or lack of skill - pick one.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
Last edited by Turtledove on Mar 9, 2017, 7:25:20 PM
"
Imarion wrote:
Completely agree (at least with the title, I did not read the 400+ pages lol).

See also my recent post:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1835684

When Lab was released I came back to the game.
I was very close to buying some stash slots.
I decided to try the lab before, then I stopped the game ...

... until today and 2.6.0.
I started a new character to play in the Legacy league and will probably again stop by the time my character reaches lab level. Well I will try it just to see, but I'm almost sure to know how it will end up.

I like the game and most of its quite unique concepts, but there is this adamantium door preventing me to progress. So until I find this key, or the guys who built it, open it, I'll be locked outside.

Imarion

Thank you for your feedback. The devs have already stated that they are not worried about the few people who dislike the lab, and the very hard work they have done to bring it to those who like it. You are such a small minority, that you are inconsequential. You can extrapolate that from the urgency that GGG has placed on addressing your whining.

I hope you find another game that is so good, that not a single portion of it aggravates your sjw sensibilities.

Bye.
"
Hilldrake wrote:
I love playing Path of Exile, before labyrinth I had 100% enjoyment. Now I fall on that 80/20 rule. And labyrinth is my 20%.

I love playing the game, but knowing that I need to run the lab every single time to get an ascendancy for every new character that I make, makes me think twice before starting a new build...

Here's a Forum Post that I've made a while ago addressing some points of the Labyrinth:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1677107

It's a full-content suggestion thread, but It has some suggestions specific to the Labyrinth down there. In my honest opinion it would help, but I don't know what to do with ascendancy points. It really bothers the need of running the lab all the time =(

Thank you for playing the game and contributing to it. We all benefit. I can not stand the belly of the beast or any of those instances leading up to malachi. They make me want to hurl, but I do them because I love the rest of the game. I HAVE to do them. there is no getting away from it. it's just the way it is.
Your posts citing most people love the lab or even like it, have as much proof or validity as any alternative facts. I could cite steam evidence to the contrary and post equally meaningless bullshit. But what news lately has shown us is unsubstantiated opinions more likely than not come out of someones ass.
Last edited by Zalhan2 on Mar 9, 2017, 7:02:26 PM
Aye, claims that people are leaving the game in droves because of lab has about as much substance as those they're coming to the game because of it. Nothing but hot air, really, any idea how many people left the game because drops are tailored for online economy?
No friggin idea either. But I'd say it's also something people do not expect because no other game in the fairly exclusive club of diablo clones does it and god knows I've seen tons of posts 'no drops, I quit' in all these years.

Honestly, I don't think they're losing sleep because of either number.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
"
Xtorma wrote:

Thank you for your feedback. The devs have already stated that they are not worried about the few people who dislike the lab, and the very hard work they have done to bring it to those who like it. You are such a small minority, that you are inconsequential. You can extrapolate that from the urgency that GGG has placed on addressing your whining.

I hope you find another game that is so good, that not a single portion of it aggravates your sjw sensibilities.

Bye.

GGG should take a long hard look at the quality of their appointed forum lab defenders. Your type are far worse than the people with complaints about the frogger sim. FAR worse.

Go troll other threads.
"
Turtledove wrote:

Hi Imarion, thank you for sharing your opinion of the HA Labyrinth (Horrible abomination). I've added your name to the list of 716 people that have voiced their opinion in this forum that the Labyrinth needs to be changed or the ascendancy points need to be moved elsewhere so that Frogger or Mario Brothers type trap game play isn't required to advance one's character in an ARPG. Over 290 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 710 posters in support

[...]

P.S. I suggest that you just try to ignore the insulting internet trolls here that attack and try to belittle people who don't like the Labyrinth.

Thanks, nice work of gathering all this :)

Imarion

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info