SET FREE THE ASCENDANCY POINTS (or rework the lab) [New ascension methods/lab rework ideas]

I looked at the ladders and couldn't see what you're referring to? I admit that I've never looked at the ladders before but when I did, the labyrinth ladder looked the same as the others?
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
But if its not behind the lab then where is it, adding it to malachai is giving free points because people have to do normal and cruel anyway to advance, not to mention it doesn't fit the lore or previous behavior for act bosses prior to him.

Good idea.
Lets put it behind Malachai, this way people actually have a reason to kill him in merciless.
They also are now rewarded for doing him in normal/cruel (which has no reward bar being able to progress).
"
shaunus wrote:
"
But if its not behind the lab then where is it, adding it to malachai is giving free points because people have to do normal and cruel anyway to advance, not to mention it doesn't fit the lore or previous behavior for act bosses prior to him.

Good idea.
Lets put it behind Malachai, this way people actually have a reason to kill him in merciless.
They also are now rewarded for doing him in normal/cruel (which has no reward bar being able to progress).

Also another proposal would be to continue offering it after the labyrinth as well as someplace else. However, I think GGG will best decide what to do about making ascendancy points available someplace else, if they decide to do anything at all. On a side note, they might like to change the name to something else besides ascendancy points, if they moved where they were awarded?
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
ebrl wrote:
If GGG just implemented what player feedback dictates, we'd be back at beta with nothing beyond vaal oversoul in act 2 and old Maelstrom of Chaos as endgame, because people hate everything about act 3 and 4 and every map that is not just running in a straight line. I mean, the new fad is gorge rotations, which shows you how far the clearspeed degeneracy has come.

Word. Add something new, and some people will complain that it is too hard, and it ruins their usual way of playing their aRPG. At the same time, GGG states that this is one of the best leagues in terms of player retention (aka, people doesn't quit after/before doing Brutus/Lab/Merciless).

But yeah, those screenshots of Feedback section QQ sure does look cute. Wonder how long it took to bump all of those to the top, so these cute screenshots can be taken. I'll put them in frame and up it goes on a wall. So good. :)

^ Moving Ascendancy Points from Lab would mean rebuilding the whole concept. Many of the voice-over lines, their name, probably would need to create separate zones and/or altars to get them. Also, the voice-over of Izaro reading the descriptions is out, because Izaro no longer grants them.

Take all that, and that retention is pretty good, and I doubt GGG will want to do anything about Ascendancy Points.

But yeah, some people will get their hopes high, keep repeating that GGG will sure take them out after the league, and then be disappointed about it when it doesn't happen. Of course, we will see some new, dramatic threads about it, and some new iQuit threads.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
Last edited by Perq on Apr 15, 2016, 3:43:28 AM
"
Turtledove wrote:
I looked at the ladders and couldn't see what you're referring to? I admit that I've never looked at the ladders before but when I did, the labyrinth ladder looked the same as the others?

Yeah they fixed it, yesterday when you were visiting the ladders it showed only the top 20 in every league without an option of how many per page you want to see. When you clicked next it showed blank pages. It was probably bugged.

Regarding repositioning AC points, yeah keeping labyrinth as it is AND adding an alternative way to get them is an even more win-win situation. That could solve many problems but one issue (that of gating vital aspects behind "optional" content) will still remain. It might be ethic issue but its still there.

@perq Because your ignorance is mind-numbing just check the last post date of the pictures, its obviously no last minute bump situation but a collection of how many anti-lab threads showed up in feedback and how many responses and views they have (and thats only one page, without adding the complaints about labyrinth in general discussion). Yes labyrinth is THAT bad and hated.

As for the player retention you keep reffering to. Remove your tin-foil hat and understand thats because of perandus league and AC, not because labyrinth is a well-received content. Perandus has made the game so easy that for the first time many players have reached maps and thats what keeping them together with the fun and enjoyable ascendancy classes.

To help you even further : imagine how bad labyrinth's popularity is, in order for GGG to put ANOTHER reward for doing it. Ascendancy points, enchants, lab-only uniques, treasure chest and now unique Jewel for the faster runner. Says a lot doesnt it?

EZ
Inundated with cockroaches, I am

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1609216 - labyrinth rework ideas/suggestions
Last edited by Regulator on Apr 15, 2016, 7:19:49 AM
I think the only real problem with labyrinth is for HC players. Sure it sucks to be forced to do for the softcore, but it does not take that long, and you just suffer through it, get your ascendancy and never go back.

On the other hand, forcing the HC player to play 1 life frogger (but online with lag and game freezes) is ridiculous. While doing frogger traps: You lag you die. Game freezes you die. HC players should get 3 lives per character for labyrinth. 3 lives total, not per run.

Then us HC players can suffer through the labyrinth for ascendancy points and then never go back, like the softcore players.
"
Khoranth wrote:
I think the only real problem with labyrinth is for HC players. Sure it sucks to be forced to do for the softcore, but it does not take that long, and you just suffer through it, get your ascendancy and never go back.

On the other hand, forcing the HC player to play 1 life frogger (but online with lag and game freezes) is ridiculous. While doing frogger traps: You lag you die. Game freezes you die. HC players should get 3 lives per character for labyrinth. 3 lives total, not per run.

Then us HC players can suffer through the labyrinth for ascendancy points and then never go back, like the softcore players.

I play in HC and have easily ran the lab over 100 times, I know a guild mate thats likely done 2-3 times that amount (making a fucking killing selling runs)

The lab grants XP, it simply cant be a SC element in a HC environment, when its designed to be a hardcore element added to the whole game.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
"
goetzjam wrote:
"
Khoranth wrote:

I play in HC and have easily ran the lab over 100 times, I know a guild mate thats likely done 2-3 times that amount (making a fucking killing selling runs)

The lab grants XP, it simply cant be a SC element in a HC environment, when its designed to be a hardcore element added to the whole game.

So you do not see a difference between the frogger mini game aka traps, and the rest of POE?
@Khoranth You might want to use "Crossy Roads" instead of Frogger mate as an example (its basically the same game but more recent). The willingly ignorant people who try to respond are way too young to know what Frogger is, and thus they dont understand why labyrinth is such a chore for those who have played arcade games and as it is only natural (since they dont have the experience and comprehension skills) they cant make the connection why labyrinth is a copy pasta actually from older games, something that speaks volumes about the whole issue (yeah new and refreshing gameplay from the 80', a black page in the history of PoE)

If you actually look at the ladders now that they are implemented you will see that from the total 3k from ALL LEAGUES and DIFFICULTIES, a big percentange is people who just ascend with no interest in the actual content that labyrinth offers. Like us they simply find lab boring and only AC worth of their time, seriously there is ABSOLUTELY NO DOWNSIDE removing the tedious and boring arcade playstyle required to get the AC points. Keep the labyrinth intanct, especially now that it has an extra reward to keep people motivated and put the Ascendancies somewhere else.
Inundated with cockroaches, I am

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1609216 - labyrinth rework ideas/suggestions
Yes, remember this Khoranth, [Removed by Support]

Why is this thread still open?
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
Last edited by Melissa_GGG on Apr 19, 2016, 9:51:05 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info