SET FREE THE ASCENDANCY POINTS (or rework the lab) [New ascension methods/lab rework ideas]

"
Dawmz wrote:
"
Pyrokar wrote:
You can build around dominus. You can't build around traps.

That's not true at all, you can build chars very weak to traps (CI with slow regen), and chars very strong against traps (pure life with high regen). For pure life, I'd say that all you need is some good rolled flasks and traps are just a non issue, you can literally run through them.
Obviously if you have a 10 sec lag on a trap, you're dead either way. But with a 10 sec lag, you're dead in like 90% of the game if you're not in town/hideout so what's the point of this argument ? And if you have regular 10 sec lag in the game, I'd suggest you to check with your ISP. Game has issues, sure, but not regular huge lags.

I hear there is a DoT reduction craft you can do with Leo, and I've seen a video of using Immortal Call. Then I read some people use basalt flasks and other sources of flat physical mitigation (I didn't try it myself, even if I have the flask in my slots; it's just better to not get hit), and staunching flasks for the bleed damage. You have vaal discipline too. And totems to block darts.
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
Last edited by NeroNoah on Apr 10, 2016, 1:06:57 PM
"
Dos_Fafner wrote:

"
Turtledove wrote:

My opinion is that you are wrong on almost all counts. Probably the one point that is most incorrect, Ascendancy points are NOT as optional as Atziri! That position is completely ridiculous, in my opinion.

You can beat the whole game without them so how are they not optional? In fact you could beat the whole game in each difficulty and clear a map of every tier without ever getting a single Ascendancy skill point; you could even go kill Atziri and clear some extra non-core content without the points. If that isn't optional nothing is.

It is not optional from the point of view that as soon as GGG released the Ascendancy Points they were part of the main core character development. Saying that Ascendancy points are optional is just as silly as saying that using all of your passive skill points is optional. Edit: It is most definitely not as optional as Atziri. That really is a gross exaggeration and I'm surprised that you seem to believe it yourself.

"
Dos_Fafner wrote:
"
Turtledove wrote:
You are once again harping on difficulty instead of the real problem which is boring tedious and not fun content.

This is your opinion of the content. I was not aware that the game was produced for your sole and singular benefit, how unwise of GGG to not check with you before releasing this content. In a similar vein of whiny complaints, people frequently piss and moan about maps: should maps be removed because they are not universally loved? Unfortunately for you, as this is your opinion only it is not supported by facts and is not a benchmark for what should and should not exist in the game.

Absolutely it is my opinion. I always said it was my opinion. I never said the game was produced for my sole and singular benefit. That is just you trying to put silly words into my mouth as a straw horse argument so that you can argue against those silly things that you are putting in other people's mouths. This really is not the proper way to argue or to have a serious discussion.

Your real point seems to be that GGG should not make a change unless enough people think a change is necessary. I agree with that argument. We have reached that thresh hold in this case. This straw poll rates labyrinth very low. https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1639251/page/1 27% of the responses rate labyrinth as the worst content. 58% rate it as at least dislike against 42% as liking labyrinth.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
Last edited by Turtledove on Apr 10, 2016, 5:12:50 PM
The spinning things don't seem to give a fuck if you have a totem on the way, are ci, or life or how much mitigation you have.
I'm a forum warrior, i was born to post, raised to defend my league. Now my post has been removed, chained and exiled by mods who Ban. Ban is my brother; i do not fear it. I see it in the eyes of men and beasts that i troll. It will take me to play the actual game when i am ready and i am not ready.
If I remember well, it's physical damage over time, so anything that works against that works against spike poles (there is that Leo's craft, for example). Else, you can always avoid damage as much as you can.
I have a level 100, 9.6k ES, low life OpieOP crit shadow arcer who I thought it might be fun to add some more sweet crit stuff by ascending.

Every day I jump in the lab, sometimes I get to Izaro P1, sometimes I get to Izaro P2, I never get to Izaro P3.

There's always, at some point, an area that I can't get across without taking fatal damage, can't leech, can't pot, not enough monsters to kill to fill a vaal discipline, etc.

Sometimes I try again but whether I do or not, the result is the same, see if tomorrow has a lab that I can get through. It's more frustrating getting the block after going through 2 Izaro fights, and has become strangely palatable when I hit the block shortly after entering.

That's some pretty shit design there. Why the fuck did they make it so bad for low life?

Reset vaal skills each room? Are you serious right now? Huge zone full of monsters, no stupid traps, could fill vaal disc 15 times over but I don't need it. Go through a door and vaal disc is empty, not enough mobs to charge it and I actually want it to have a chance at running the gauntlet ahead.

"
NeroNoah wrote:
If I remember well, it's physical damage over time, so anything that works against that works against spike poles (there is that Leo's craft, for example). Else, you can always avoid damage as much as you can.

Yup, the PvP master for crafts to counter the epitome of Player versus Environment.
Casually casual.

Last edited by TheAnuhart on Apr 10, 2016, 6:18:40 PM
"
TheAnuhart wrote:
I have a level 100, 9.6k ES, low life OpieOP crit shadow arcer who I thought it might be fun to add some more sweet crit stuff by ascending.

Every day I jump in the lab, sometimes I get to Izaro P1, sometimes I get to Izaro P2, I never get to Izaro P3.

There's always, at some point, an area that I can't get across without taking fatal damage, can't leech, can't pot, not enough monsters to kill to fill a vaal discipline, etc.

Sometimes I try again but whether I do or not, the result is the same, see if tomorrow has a lab that I can get through. It's more frustrating getting the block after going through 2 Izaro fights, and has become strangely palatable when I hit the block shortly after entering.

That's some pretty shit design there. Why the fuck did they make it so bad for low life?

Reset vaal skills each room? Are you serious right now? Huge zone full of monsters, no stupid traps, could fill vaal disc 15 times over but I don't need it. Go through a door and vaal disc is empty, not enough mobs to charge it and I actually want it to have a chance at running the gauntlet ahead.

"
NeroNoah wrote:

Yup, the PvP master for crafts to counter the epitome of Player versus Environment.

There is never areas that you can't get over. I've done it with a 9k CI character so I know its not impossible.
"
Telzen wrote:
There is never areas that you can't get over. I've done it with a 9k CI character so I know its not impossible.

Oh, for sure.

One of these days I'll get to a part where I can't see any safe area, make a run for it and rather than getting killed before any safe area appears, I'll RNG it so that no spikes happen to come up, no spinning disks or spiky pillars travel and no darts spit at the point I am throughout the run into unseen territory.

When that happens, I'll make a point of coming back here and saying, it's not impossible.

But it's still fucking shit.

Edit: It's easier as CI, btw.
Casually casual.

Last edited by TheAnuhart on Apr 10, 2016, 6:45:50 PM
Chris in the podcast today said changes are coming to help hybrid builds with traps, but not before next patch.
"
Dawmz wrote:
Chris in the podcast today said changes are coming to help hybrid builds with traps, but not before next patch.

Not before next league.

So basically, the Ascending part of the Ascendancy expac (read, all of it) is just on hold for those builds.

Nice expac.
Casually casual.

Last edited by TheAnuhart on Apr 10, 2016, 6:57:19 PM
"
TheAnuhart wrote:
"
NeroNoah wrote:

To be strict, it's behind trade if you are not picky and pvpers didn't go exctinct, but I said that to make a point, not to say it's the most practical option. There are counter to trap damage.

And yes, labyrinth sucks for hybrid, low life and CI, there is not denying about that. GGG failed at that point.
Last edited by NeroNoah on Apr 10, 2016, 8:02:21 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info