SET FREE THE ASCENDANCY POINTS (or rework the lab) [New ascension methods/lab rework ideas]

"
Not going to stop.

I know, but like you, I also feel the need to post my thoughts sometimes. :)
Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.
Thank you for the bumps :)
"
Xavathos wrote:
I can't believe this is still going at 355 pages. Can we all just grow up and let it go?

Truth is, lab is here and it's here to stay. Deal with it. Like it, don't like it, play PoE, don't play, play without AC if you hate it so much. Whatever you want, but stop for the love of Dominus let it go.

Take a moment and really think about this here.

They are not going to remove the lab, that's absurd. They like it this way, so do many people, myself included, but my personal opinion is irrelevant. Changing anything from the points to other parts of the game is just dumb and removes the lab anyway. You'd still complain that you need to run for enchants etc.

The point is for the lab to be the way it is, by design.

For the sake of argument, let's say that lab detractors decide to be less stubborn, as you are requesting them to be, and let the entire matter drop.

The issue still won't go away. I periodically see new-ish players coming in to drop a turd on the forums about how horrible the Labyrinth is, and, aside from a few old-timer Labyrinth fans who ridicule them for digging up an "old" and "tired" issue, most posters consist of a whole slew of users whose names I have never or rarely seen in the forums chiming in to agree.

So you can join those threads and try to convince those people that they are wrong to feel the way they do, and perhaps you can even convince them of such!

The very next league (or sometimes much earlier), the exact same thing happens again.

This is a fact: the Labyrinth inspires strong, NEGATIVE reactions in many people who encounter it for the first (or fortieth) time. Are they wrong to have that reaction? Some people think so. But who cares? As long as people feel like they are forced to do content they hate, that content will continue to hurt the game.

This is a fairly universal reality of game design, and the Labyrinth is no exception.
Wash your hands, Exile!
"
Xavathos wrote:
I can't believe this is still going at 355 pages. Can we all just grow up and let it go?

Truth is, lab is here and it's here to stay. Deal with it. Like it, don't like it, play PoE, don't play, play without AC if you hate it so much. Whatever you want, but stop for the love of Dominus let it go.

They are not going to remove the lab, that's absurd. They like it this way, so do many people, myself included, but my personal opinion is irrelevant. Changing anything from the points to other parts of the game is just dumb and removes the lab anyway. You'd still complain that you need to run for enchants etc.

I've done many of the things that you've suggested. I never liked labyrinth. I played without AC for a few leagues. I suffered through labyrinth for a few leagues. I have now pretty much stopped playing PoE because the labyrinth is boring crap. We're not asking that labyrinth be removed. Designs and games do change, usually for the better. What I haven't done is stop posting. Don't like it? Then don't read it. The real target is GGG. They will likely fix it in 3.0 and then we'll have the great game back that we all learned to love. Why do I think that? Because GGG wants to be successful. (I couldn't care less about enchants, that is a very silly argument.) Is that upsetting to you? Then I suggest that you don't read it.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
Turtledove wrote:
They will likely fix it in 3.0

Look at this disillusional statement haha
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
FUCK THE LAB!!! :)
"
codlover77 wrote:
FUCK THE LAB!!! :)

Thank you for voicing your feedback to GGG on the labyrinth. I've added you to the list. You're number 681 on the list. This is the list of people that have voiced an opinion that the labyrinth needs to be improved or made optional. (If I've misinterpreted your short but sweet post then please let me know. :-) ) I'm thinking that it will be resolved by GGG in the 3.0 release coming up early next year. As the list grows longer our voices grow stronger. Over 280 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 680 posters in support
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
Xavathos wrote:

We are not asking for the lab to be removed, dont be absurd please. If you take the time and realise whats this about, you might actually support the cause.

And while i already gave up hope (though i still try to think new solutions), this thread serves as a beacon calling other people who hate the design or disagree with that particular desicion to come and voice their opinion.

Every single alternative/suggestion in the OP is plausible and possible to be implemented even at this point.

My personal view on the point : GGG knows they fucked up with this particular design, they are not willing though to put any more extra work to make it more in line with the rest of the game. Is it money, is it time, is it ego? Only they know. What i do know is that by implementing endgame Lab and the shitton of rewards and loot there they made a large part of the population hate it less (yes thats right, HATE IT LESS), and endure it for the rewards. The disconnected people from that choice either remain disconnected with the game or completely abandoned it. They allienated a very large population with a single stubborn decision, in the end though it seems like they won the bet.

For those who want to know and understand how much GGG and Chris Wilson really changed and why they totally ignored this problem/issue just see the answer he gave to ProjectPT's question in this video. The contradiction, lies and pure unawareness is mind-numbing, still putting his head inside the dirt thinking their players are THAT stupid and they cannot see him (well judging by the evidence many are indeed that naive) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9kygXtkh10 go at 4:15.

And im personally directing this to our dear Chris : Are you really considering foundamentally changing the gameplay not to be a bad desicion for your game and how you envision it? Are the roots of the game running and jumping around like mario and frogger? We part of the older devoted vocal fanbase (you said we are very precious to GGG) are obviously alienated by this, we have been compromised in your words, and you can certainly see the reasoning behind this, so why NOT even ONCE any official answer was given? Hell id even take "because fuck you" as a legit answer but not even this, only cowardice and hiding.

Inundated with cockroaches, I am

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1609216 - labyrinth rework ideas/suggestions
"
Regulator wrote:

For those who want to know and understand how much GGG and Chris Wilson really changed and why they totally ignored this problem/issue just see the answer he gave to ProjectPT's question in this video. The contradiction, lies and pure unawareness is mind-numbing, still putting his head inside the dirt thinking their players are THAT stupid and they cannot see him (well judging by the evidence many are indeed that naive) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9kygXtkh10 go at 4:15.

Chris took the question generally and when he got into specifics he mentioned an auction house. This seemed valid to me. There seems to be almost universal cries on the forum that they add an auction house or something similar to improve the buying and selling experience. GGG apparently has a different solution in mind and are sticking to that unspecified vision/plan. He may have been referring to "us" when he mentioned hardcore players (general hardcore not the league) wanting something and them being critical for the future success and direction of the game.

Don't give up hope. Release 3.0 will be a major release with major changes. It will apparently require changes to the way ascendancy points are rewarded, since they say a difficulty may be removed. So I think that they will just move the ascendancy points out of Labyrinth completely and make them rewards for a new challenge being planned for 3.0.
Last edited by Turtledove on Dec 21, 2016, 4:00:15 PM
As a relatively new player with this being my first season getting into mapping at all, I don't so much hate the ascendancy points being gated behind the lab because you only have to do it once (don't get me wrong I hate doing them, the traps are so annoying). The thing that irks me is the enchants which are impossible to get on a piece of gear you already have. I guess I'm just supposed to buy a piece of gear with the enchant I want but that seems stupid to me. If you have a special enchanting font for completely this semi-post-game content, shouldn't you actually be bettering your character rather than fishing for something to sell? Just my $.02.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info