SET FREE THE ASCENDANCY POINTS (or rework the lab) [New ascension methods/lab rework ideas]

"
Turtledove wrote:
"
NeroNoah wrote:

Or you know, play low life while you wait to that glorious alternative to the labyrinth so many people are asking. Labyrinth is a stupid reason to quit playing.

I would disagree. My view is that it sad that some people find the Labyrinth such an unpleasant addition to PoE that they would rather quit playing than deal with it.

Yea that's what i am gonna do in a way. The build i created doesn't work unless i get the merciless ascendancy, so i am just gonna play with the char that i already did the lab with and then i am gonna bid farewell.

And no i can't create a build not centered around ascendancy, because it will be like gimping myself and also if i ignore the point of the expansion, i find no other reason to play. Creating builds on the older version of the game feels pointless.
I'm a forum warrior, i was born to post, raised to defend my league. Now my post has been removed, chained and exiled by mods who Ban. Ban is my brother; i do not fear it. I see it in the eyes of men and beasts that i troll. It will take me to play the actual game when i am ready and i am not ready.
"
Pyrokar wrote:
And no i can't create a build not centered around ascendancy, because it will be like gimping myself and also if i ignore the point of the expansion, i find no other reason to play. Creating builds on the older version of the game feels pointless.

You can. While you are waiting for the AC points elsewhere, make builds that treat the AC class as a bonus rather than as a pre-requisite. My Ranger uses the Raider subclass, and it's more of a bonus. What will you use for low life? Guardian? I bet you can survive without it.

It's like being self found: you gimp yourself by your own option, but you can keep playing with what you have while complaining to GGG, as many self found players do.
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
Last edited by NeroNoah on Apr 7, 2016, 10:43:45 AM
+1 for this post, i like the idea of the lab , because some players need this content , but i dislike ascendansy point being locked in some content that is not for everyone, i would rather kill 2 malachais in merc than do the lab in cruel + .
"
RulerOfChaos wrote:
+1 for this post, i like the idea of the lab , because some players need this content , but i dislike ascendansy point being locked in some content that is not for everyone, i would rather kill 2 malachais in merc than do the lab in cruel + .

I would rather run the lab three times than do Act4. Can I have that too, please? PoE à la carte.
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
"
Char1983 wrote:
"
RulerOfChaos wrote:

I would rather run the lab three times than do Act4. Can I have that too, please? PoE à la carte.

i just meant that arcade puzzle solving and clicking is not for everyone, it should be completely optional...
"
NeroNoah wrote:
"
Pyrokar wrote:

You can. While you are waiting for the AC points elsewhere, make builds that treat the AC class as a bonus rather than as a pre-requisite. My Ranger uses the Raider subclass, and it's more of a bonus. What will you use for low life? Guardian? I bet you can survive without it.

It's like being self found: you gimp yourself by your own option, but you can keep playing with what you have while complaining to GGG, as many self found players do.

I guess the correct word would be i won't instead of i can't. And i won't for the reason i said in your quote. I hope you can understand it better now and will stop playing with words, pretending you don't get what i am saying.
I'm a forum warrior, i was born to post, raised to defend my league. Now my post has been removed, chained and exiled by mods who Ban. Ban is my brother; i do not fear it. I see it in the eyes of men and beasts that i troll. It will take me to play the actual game when i am ready and i am not ready.
Last edited by Pyrokar on Apr 7, 2016, 1:59:17 PM
"
Char1983 wrote:
"
RulerOfChaos wrote:

I like this direction. I'd rather run Act4 three times than do the boring and not fun lab once.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
RulerOfChaos wrote:

+2
"
Pyrokar wrote:
I guess the correct word would be i won't instead of i can't. And i won't for the reason i said in your quote. I hope you can understand it better now and will stop playing with words, pretending you don't get what i am saying.

There are a significant percentage of people that dislike labyrinth. I really hope that GGG does something to make ascendancy points available to people that do not enjoy the labyrinth. I really think there are reasonable solutions that will keep the labyrinth fun for those people that like the labyrinth.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
Can only support this.
If people want the lab as a form of marathon-ladder, yeah why not.
But making a whole game system so mandatory, and even worse: boring, feels off. (and some of the new class buffs are so good it IS mandatory)
Last edited by Seelenernter on Apr 8, 2016, 9:12:24 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info