SET FREE THE ASCENDANCY POINTS (or rework the lab) [New ascension methods/lab rework ideas]

He thinks the lab is hard, lmao! [Removed by Support]. Quit complaining and just do it. I ran merc at level 64 and beat it (barely the boss hits pretty hard). The only thing i could see as a issue is the boss with very high hits compared to the rest of the lab itself. I have never had any issues with the lab EXCEPT the final boss (any round). The lab is fine the way it is (unless they want to make it harder).
Last edited by Sarah on Sep 24, 2016, 12:04:31 AM
"
Youstink685 wrote:
He thinks the lab is hard, lmao! Git Gud scrub. Quit complaining and just do it. I ran merc at level 64 and beat it (barely the boss hits pretty hard). The only thing i could see as a issue is the boss with very high hits compared to the rest of the lab itself. I have never had any issues with the lab EXCEPT the final boss (any round). The lab is fine the way it is (unless they want to make it harder).

I'd love to see a more challenging and less tedious lab. I'd actually spend time in there after getting the Ascendancy points if that were the case.

And my opinion is not rare.

I kind of suspect that you haven't read much of this thread, though. Otherwise you would know that.
Wash your hands, Exile!
"
Shovelcut wrote:
"
Turtledove wrote:
"
Shovelcut wrote:

What about when you've got multiple screens that are devoid of mobs (and also traps)? Does that also change the "game play" because you're no longer killing mobs and collecting loot?

Of course, it changes from fun arpg game play to not so fun arpg gameplay.

Well then why aren't you campaigning for that to be changed instead of laby changes? There are much more instances in the game where you're just running with nothing around you. All the way from act 1 normal to maps...a ridiculous amount of time compared to the couple screens full of traps you're talking about.

ARPG game play is ARPG gameplay. PoE did a most excellent job maximizing fun ARPG game play prior to layrinth, at least compared to all other ARPG that I have played. PoE does a very poor job with fun ARPG game play in labyrinth. That is why labyrinth needs to be made optional, in my opinion.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
Labyrinth doesn't need to be optional it needs to be a requirement. It is there for a reason. Ascendency offers insane power creep and if there is nothing challenging to match the power we are gaining the gameplay becomes trivilized for even more builds than currently used meta builds. Uber Lab is probably one of the hardest pieces of content currently besides maybe shaper, I don't know yet. Uber Lab also grants some of the best rewards. It certainly brings me a large amount of profit, 100 exalts worth just running it casually in prophecy softcore. Not every build can do Uber Lab, and few can do it efficiently, and it is largely due to traps for a large majority of builds due to its % damage. If it did flat damage no one would complain about traps, it would take less time to progress through and it would feel more like what we are used to in POE, faster clear speeds. If Izaro say did half the damage at max power as he does now no one would complain, but I feel he is perfect as is. His entire fight is a mechanical fight and you can dodge almost all his attacks at the entrance of his area, even with all the traps around. I think just changing trap damage to flat damage alone would improve the overall experience for everyone, and is the only change I feel necesary. Currently you have to build a character specifically for uber lab to do it fast and efficiently.

I don't think every person should be allowed the ability to complete Uber Lab without playing skillfully. If you cant dodge attacks that you should be able too, if you cant manage your flasks, if you cant gear yourself appropriately to the content, you should not be rewarded. The first 6 points of ascendancy are easy to obtain, the last 2 are actually a challenge, unless you are a juggernaut for example. I feel this is fair. Not every one can do Uber Lab, not every one can do Uber Atziri, not every one can do T10-T15 maps. That is fine.

Likewise it is not mandatory lab be optional since past content has been optional, past content didnt give insane power creep.
Chroniccomplainerreviews.wordpress.com

Your source for quality honest reviews to save you time and money!
"
Shovelcut wrote:
"
Turtledove wrote:
But, when there are screens full of traps that must be traversed then the game play switches from kill monsters and collect loot to trap game play.

What about when you've got multiple screens that are devoid of mobs (and also traps)? Does that also change the "game play" because you're no longer killing mobs and collecting loot?

Yes it does. Monster density matters. Map layout matters. Ascendancy hidden behind lab matters. Everything matters to some degree. Pointing out something that sucks does not make something else that also sucks not suck or suck less. They both suck. Fix both of them.
"
Jgizle wrote:
Labyrinth doesn't need to be optional it needs to be a requirement. It is there for a reason. Ascendency offers insane power creep and if there is nothing challenging to match the power we are gaining the gameplay becomes trivilized for even more builds than currently used meta builds. Uber Lab is probably one of the hardest pieces of content currently besides maybe shaper, I don't know yet. Uber Lab also grants some of the best rewards. It certainly brings me a large amount of profit, 100 exalts worth just running it casually in prophecy softcore. Not every build can do Uber Lab, and few can do it efficiently, and it is largely due to traps for a large majority of builds due to its % damage. If it did flat damage no one would complain about traps, it would take less time to progress through and it would feel more like what we are used to in POE, faster clear speeds. If Izaro say did half the damage at max power as he does now no one would complain, but I feel he is perfect as is. His entire fight is a mechanical fight and you can dodge almost all his attacks at the entrance of his area, even with all the traps around. I think just changing trap damage to flat damage alone would improve the overall experience for everyone, and is the only change I feel necesary. Currently you have to build a character specifically for uber lab to do it fast and efficiently.

I don't think every person should be allowed the ability to complete Uber Lab without playing skillfully. If you cant dodge attacks that you should be able too, if you cant manage your flasks, if you cant gear yourself appropriately to the content, you should not be rewarded. The first 6 points of ascendancy are easy to obtain, the last 2 are actually a challenge, unless you are a juggernaut for example. I feel this is fair. Not every one can do Uber Lab, not every one can do Uber Atziri, not every one can do T10-T15 maps. That is fine.

Likewise it is not mandatory lab be optional since past content has been optional, past content didnt give insane power creep.

You might have a point if they actually forced players to actually earn ascendancy but they do not. You can pay for a carry do nothing and gain it. This entire argument does not work. Ascending does not mean anything except power they expect you to get to keep up with the content. It is not optional. It can be bought. It is hidden behing lab. It is not right.
Last edited by FixLabPLSGGG on Sep 16, 2016, 3:13:56 AM
Even if you buy a carry you still are required to actually progress through lab, physically. That mean's getting through the traps. You would be surprised how many people can't progress through an empty lab.
Chroniccomplainerreviews.wordpress.com

Your source for quality honest reviews to save you time and money!
"
FixLabPLSGGG wrote:

Pointing out something that sucks does not make something else that also sucks not suck or suck less. They both suck. Fix both of them.

No but saying "To me this is different than that and I find it boring therefore it should be changed and made completely optional" isn't an acceptable justification to change the laby.

The laby gave us more things to do and something that breaks the monotony of the leveling process. It's not broken so it doesn't need to be fixed. A tweak here and there to make it more of an acceptable experience for players with high latency is all that is needed since it appears the "domains dc" issue is being fixed.
Just a lowly standard player. May RNGesus be with you.
Last edited by Shovelcut on Oct 14, 2016, 9:31:18 PM
"
Jgizle wrote:
Even if you buy a carry you still are required to actually progress through lab, physically. That mean's getting through the traps. You would be surprised how many people can't progress through an empty lab.

Untrue. The paid help can open the doors and flip switches for the customer. The payer barely needs to walk through any of it.

There's no challenge in lab. Only annoyance.
"
"
Jgizle wrote:

Untrue. The paid help can open the doors and flip switches for the customer. The payer barely needs to walk through any of it.

There's no challenge in lab. Only annoyance.

The challenge is reduced via carry, but still there if you are too stupid to not know how to avoid the traps. If it was fine and dandy easy, then why would anyone complain when they can get the first 6 points carried for under 10c, if they don't want to "gear up" or learn anything about the lab?
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info