SET FREE THE ASCENDANCY POINTS (or rework the lab) [New ascension methods/lab rework ideas]

I hope GGG fired that who united AP and Lab.
Seriously, i loose hope in mankind.
What´s so bad about removing the points from the lab, does it take away anything from anyone?
I quess, 99% of player couldnt care less.

The only ""test"" the labyrinth has, is a test of ""build-variety"" and Hardware,
got one-shot twize today from a superfast spike-reave, 5k live (oh jeah im supposed to have 9k live, sry nub). I hope, they put an second life-wheel next to the scion, so i can make a indepth live build.

I made about 15 runs, only got troll entchants like curse-duration and now im done with the lab.
"
Pwnzors87 wrote:
Seriously, i loose hope in mankind.
What´s so bad about removing the points from the lab, does it take away anything from anyone?
I quess, 99% of player couldnt care less.

Without putting anything enticing, it would make running the labyrinth almost worthless unless you go for the enchants (Merciless, overleveled, making it even more dull). Risk reward and all that crap. If it's enticing, someone is going to ask if it can be removed from the labyrinth. There is no winning there.

The only way is going to happen is putting the points behind something so annoying or with so much opportunity cost that you rather run the labyrinth. See Bandit respec and map corruptions for sacrifice fragments.
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
Last edited by NeroNoah on Mar 26, 2016, 12:26:53 AM
I like the challenge of the lab. And the feeling of "going deep" and emerging with awesome power ups afterward. But the performance of the game and latency issues make the fact that it is mandatory unpleasant. There needs to be a way to by-pass it. There is a reason that big name game devs don't put deadly traps in their online games. LATENCY ON THE INTERNET IS A THING!!!!
The lab is MAKE for people randomly get REALLY frustrated with the traps, 1 hit kill boss and 1 life per run.

I don't playing the game anymore, because if I go to the lab and die/dc in the middle of it, I 100% will uninstall the game.

I prefer to give a chance to it when the devs stop to be unreasonable and accept that they made a mistake and change things.

Stop to play the game and don't accept thing how they are, vote with your money and time.
Last edited by HeliaXDemoN on Mar 26, 2016, 11:32:04 AM
"
Telzen wrote:
Yeah how about a no.

"
Arno92 wrote:
Bad idea.

Could you elaborate on your opinions? It seems disrespectful to say the least answering to the OP like that (take into account that the suggestion and the opening post are well presented and make some points, try to make some of your own too). At least the rest white knights tried (even if they failed) to make a point, you blantantly said no for no's sake.

Reading some posts regarding the labyrinth in the forum (some were links to reddit posts) i realised some things about the lab that make me wanna puke. Not exactly related to the OP but still a solid indication that the whole labyrinth matter is a step in the wrong direction.

First of all, any person who wants to complete this league's challenges must run lab for enchantments. If you are extremely lucky you only need 12runs. If you are extremly unlukcy you need over 200 runs. The average number (from mine and other people's experience) is abour 50-100 runs to get those 12enchantments. Now let this sink, and recall the number of merciless lab runs from the statistics. A lot of people have been wasting their time in the lab just to complete the challenges too, and another chunk only to get the ascendancy points, so the number of people actually running this for enchantment farming and fun is even less that i originally thought ( in short another lure that GGG thought of, to force the tedious labyrinth playstyle on the players is the challenges, they literally made everything they could to ensure that besides the white knights and the "bots" some other people will play it too)

The "bots" i mentioned above are not actually bots, but players no-lifing for enchantments. If you think about it, in a way labyrinth and the outrageous chances to get the enchantments (both for farming and the challenges) are promoting bot-like behaviour, eliminating any fun (for those who actually are having fun with arcade games) in the proccess. After sacrifice of the vaal i remember cases (a lot of the veterans around here will remember them too) of people that got temporarily banned because they were farming sacrificial frags with instance loading/refreshing method that resembled (for GGG and their tools at the time) bot-like behaviour. Now the company itself promotes bot-like, mindless running throught the new boring and alienating playstyle. Seriously wtf is that?

Last, something ive seen in global (PHC) these days is the lack of labyrinth talk (at least compared to the previous days). Seems (as it is only natural) the hype is going away and with that also the willingness to actually run the labyrinth (for any reason at all). Maybe its time to implement the daily race-like event and rewards for labyrinth runners and finally un-gate the AC points from it?

P.S. OP was retyped to make the points and suggestion more clear for everyone.
Inundated with cockroaches, I am

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1609216 - labyrinth rework ideas/suggestions
"
Regulator wrote:
"
Telzen wrote:
Yeah how about a no.

"
Arno92 wrote:
Bad idea.

Could you elaborate on your opinions?

I don't really see the point. This has been going on since the expansion came out and if 23 pages of discussion hasn't changed your mind then its obvious your not going to. Just as others are saying +1 to your idea I just wanted to show my support against it. I still haven't seen any reason for removing them except "I don't like the labyrinth".
I agree with the OP.

You should be able to get AC points without doing this awful lab.
Lost my character today due to stupid traps.

This is an arpg, I want to die to mobs or during an epic fight. Not because I failed at puzzle simulator 2016. I did never even rage when dying to desync in the past but this is just retarded.
"
Alea wrote:
what i observed is the large amount of people who messed up their asc choice were mostly casuals & inexperienced players... That is pretty unfair for them to pay all those regrets.

It's cheaper to reroll, and if you are new to the game, probably the saner option to learn it.
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
IMHO, the most fun in PoE is bringing a character up to level 50 or 60. So I'd start a character below that from scratch rather than spend a regret. Actually leveling to 50 or 60 goes really fast anyway.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info