SET FREE THE ASCENDANCY POINTS (or rework the lab) [New ascension methods/lab rework ideas]

"
Zalhan2 wrote:

Thats good? For a game investing heavily you expect them to go up but there is a small surge then people hit the Lab and its a mass exodus.

POE was never considered a hit the stats Go down faster than they used to during a season now because everyone hates the lab.

No offense but the numbers are so clear its not a debate.

Are you serious ?
Wow, let me explain then :

PoE does, and has always been targeting a niche audience.
Yes, the stats are very good considering how they started, and what kind of game it is, and the previous statement.

But more important, it follows the same pattern than the previous leagues and expansions.
It follows the same pattern and is not lower number wise, so hang on, the most obvious part :
The population has not been significantly decreasing since the lab came, the pattern stays the same.

00ps.

Captain obvious, sorry for doing your job, some people do need it apparently here.
The pattern is the same, we are having about the same amount of player, and it will most likely be a big bump of the same magnitude of ascendancy in less than 2 weeks.

And in less than 2 weeks, you will see one more time, that you are wrong, that you are completely out of touch with the whole thing, but I'm not expecting to stop lying like this anyway.
No offense.

You are not fooling anybody.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Last edited by Fruz on Aug 25, 2016, 9:57:25 AM
Agreed, the downward slope is steeper on the ascendancy release.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
Turtledove wrote:
Agreed, the downward slope is steeper on the ascendancy release.

Many more people got hyped, finding that the game is actually pretty Niche, many new players didn't stay.

You .... 50% of the new players ..... Brutus ..... etc ....
Most players according the Chris don't even reach the lab anyway.
What matters is the more constant player base.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Last edited by Fruz on Aug 25, 2016, 1:40:46 PM
"
Fruz wrote:

And post-ascendancy/post-prophecy steam player numbers declined rapidly (from an all time high) to below the base that PoE has maintained throughout most of its history. Whether or not this also happens after AoW launches (probably to another all time high) remains to be seen.
Proud member of the Vocal Minority
"
ShaUrley wrote:
"
Fruz wrote:

And post-ascendancy/post-prophecy steam player numbers declined rapidly (from an all time high) to below the base that PoE has maintained throughout most of its history. Whether or not this also happens after AoW launches (probably to another all time high) remains to be seen.

If you check the "average player" values, there were many times where it was lower.

The number on the graph for right before Prophecy is low tho.
"
Fruz wrote:
If you check the "average player" values, there were many times where it was lower.

Before ascendancy, I see maybe 3 months out of 29 where the maximum weekly player count dropped below 8K (May-Jun 2014, May 2015---and the May 2015 drop was 10 months after the release of the most recent expansion, Forsaken Masters), whereas it dropped below 8K within 3 months of both the ascendancy and prophecy launches (and, again, ascendancy started with record numbers).

By the way, the weekly number gives the peak number of players over that week. The monthly averages (however they're computed) aren't as informative because they even out the data over a significant period of time, and the data is quite "spikey" to begin with given the big jumps when new content comes out. That said, the second month after ascendancy came out had the 5th highest percentage drop in monthly player averages out of all 34 months, the third month after ascendancy came out had the 2nd highest percentage drop, and the second month after prophecy came out had the 4th highest percentage drop.

Now I'm not claiming any of this is conclusive (it's not that long since ascendancy came out, more new casual players may be buying PoE on steam than before, steam player numbers may not reflect total player numbers, etc. etc.) but, so far as it goes, I'd say there are some worrying indications in the steam numbers about player retention since the labyrinth was introduced. (Too bad GGG won't release their own data for us to look at ;)
Proud member of the Vocal Minority
Yet, aparently when you post hard numbers trolls call them lies :).. Let's discuss global warming next.
"
Zalhan2 wrote:
Yet, aparently when you post hard numbers trolls call them lies :).. Let's discuss global warming next.

Lets use numbers that are completely irrelevant for a playerbase as a whole, lets also ignore the other factors that influence those numbers.

Great job!
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
"
ShaUrley wrote:
"
Fruz wrote:

Before ascendancy, I see maybe 3 months out of 29 where the maximum weekly player count dropped below 8K (May-Jun 2014, May 2015---and the May 2015 drop was 10 months after the release of the most recent expansion, Forsaken Masters), whereas it dropped below 8K within 3 months of both the ascendancy and prophecy launches (and, again, ascendancy started with record numbers).

By the way, the weekly number gives the peak number of players over that week. The monthly averages (however they're computed) aren't as informative because they even out the data over a significant period of time, and the data is quite "spikey" to begin with given the big jumps when new content comes out. That said, the second month after ascendancy came out had the 5th highest percentage drop in monthly player averages out of all 34 months, the third month after ascendancy came out had the 2nd highest percentage drop, and the second month after prophecy came out had the 4th highest percentage drop.

Now I'm not claiming any of this is conclusive (it's not that long since ascendancy came out, more new casual players may be buying PoE on steam than before, steam player numbers may not reflect total player numbers, etc. etc.) but, so far as it goes, I'd say there are some worrying indications in the steam numbers about player retention since the labyrinth was introduced. (Too bad GGG won't release their own data for us to look at ;)

This is exactly why I specified '"average player" values' ....
If you would have looked on the page for something labeled as this, you would have understood that it was not about the graph.
And before a new league of expansion, the player base is always at its lowest, for obvious reasons.

The fact that the monthly average even out the data is precisely why it is informative, the playerbase on a given single day is not significant, the player base on the long term, is.
Weekly should still be informative though, I agree.

About the ascendancy drop, I already explained one or two messages ago.
The higher the number on the release day, the steeper I'm expecting the drop to be.
And yeah, steam is far from being the actual player base number, but that's all we have.
So no, playerbase is quite fine imho ( I heard many complains about prophecy though, lab is not the only thing that disapointed *some* players during this league ).

GGG gave us more lab for Prophecy, it did not keep the player from coming back and actually rerolling ( I kept some players from rerolling, does not look significant to me so w/e ).

"
Zalhan2 wrote:

Nobody called them lie ...
you seem to either completely missinterpret it, or just have reading issues maybe, idk ( or you are just throwing more lies, I would not exclude that possibility ).
Last edited by Fruz on Aug 25, 2016, 10:15:06 PM
Lab is not changing. Deal with it, or go elsewhere.
Last edited by Xtorma on Aug 25, 2016, 9:37:45 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info