SET FREE THE ASCENDANCY POINTS (or rework the lab) [New ascension methods/lab rework ideas]

"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
Pyrokar wrote:
Fact: Glasscannons have an easier time with the traps.
How could this possibly be the case?

I mean, I have a theory on how it could actually be the case. But it would have to do with player mentality, not character stats. And I'm pretty sure you wouldn't like it.

I just explained a few posts before.

In comparison, check the second video of Sid where he plays a glasscannon pure life build.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pz1CJCsfR0k&feature=youtu.be

Notice how the trap damage is irrelevant and he just needs one pot charge to refill his life pool, while his ci char, in the other video, nearly dies 2-3 times losing 60-80% of it's life pool without flasks to fall back on?

And no, your thread has nothing to do with what we are talking about here.
I'm a forum warrior, i was born to post, raised to defend my league. Now my post has been removed, chained and exiled by mods who Ban. Ban is my brother; i do not fear it. I see it in the eyes of men and beasts that i troll. It will take me to play the actual game when i am ready and i am not ready.
Last edited by Pyrokar on Mar 21, 2016, 5:53:16 AM
"
Pyrokar wrote:
^https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyokZQD7_fw

1st minute and around 3:50 i am not gonna bother timestamping. You got to 4k and 2k es respectively, that's nearly dying in terms of trap damage and the trap setup wasn't even hard. You say, you know what you are doing, but you clearly don't.

"
sidtherat wrote:
lol.. both were 100% safe. there was 0 risk of dying in both of these situations. seriously, what is your point?

you do not have to like the lab and i do not carebut spreading bs is another story.

if you knew how these traps work youd know that there was 0 risk involved. ZERO

5K ES from a single trap and then he uses Doedre's Elixir down to 2.5K ES!....don't worry Pyrokar. It's 100% safe. 0 risk! He is a master builder and skiller in this lab game.
Plus at 4:30 again taking 6.5K ES dmg from the traps like a God!! i can't watch this! Pure amazing skills video sid! you rule!

Listen what he says: its a test for build and player!

Cmon take ideas from a standardboy and a masterlab god!
Beta Member Since 2010
Last edited by Kalidor on Mar 21, 2016, 6:24:31 AM
"
Regulator wrote:
I understand GGG has put a lot of effort on the expansion and what im asking is too much, but ascendancy points should be freed from the labyrinth's tyranny.

Those who like the labyrinth itself wont lose anything and even if they feel they do GGG can compansate them with extra loots or better enchantment system.

Those who dont like the labyrinth finally are free to mess around with the only thing that is worth messing in this expansion, the Ascendancy classes.

So no change of playstyle for neither "lovers" nor "haters" , while as it is now the "haters" get the shaft for not supporting GGG idea and design of a different playstyle.

FREE ASCENDANCY POINTS, make PoE a better place. To do that simply write here what bothers you about lab

EDIT: I ask for a fellow "labyrinth hater" who also uses Reddit to make this a thread there if it doesnt already exist, with enough people gathered we might achieve anything

2nd EDIT : I have not made it clear in the original post so ill clarify, im not asking for ascendancy points to be free but freed from labyrinth, meaning that GGG can put them as rewards for someting else.

Good Idea!
Make Lab for optional farming...
"
sidtherat wrote:
lol.. both were 100% safe. there was 0 risk of dying in both of these situations. seriously, what is your point?

you do not have to like the lab and i do not carebut spreading bs is another story.

There's a couple of instances where if it was a different set of traps you would have died ez.
"
allbusiness wrote:
"
sidtherat wrote:

There's a couple of instances where if it was a different set of traps you would have died ez.

and what makes you think id have played the same way? hm?

so whats next - CI is perfectly fine (and these situations were 100% safe, i know these traps and know my build - no risk taken there). so maybe i should try something else you think is dangerous/difficult/whatever so you can move the goalpost ONCE AGAIN?
"
sidtherat wrote:

and what makes you think id have played the same way? hm?

so whats next - CI is perfectly fine (and these situations were 100% safe, i know these traps and know my build - no risk taken there). so maybe i should try something else you think is dangerous/difficult/whatever so you can move the goalpost ONCE AGAIN?

Your video proved to me that you are a most wonderful player and that you have a most wonderful CI build for the labyrinth. You also proved to me that your five to eight minutes per labyrinth run estimate is overly optimistic for the context of the discussion. You admitted that that was fourth time you'd run that labyrinth layout and yet you still got lost. The context we were discussing was someone that does NOT find the labyrinth fun. It is their first time through that layout if not the first time through the labyrinth itself. Therefore your five to eight minute estimate is way underestimated for the context we're discussing. Of course, everyone already new the assertion of five to eight minutes was inaccurate but now we have solid proof.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
Pyrokar wrote:
^https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyokZQD7_fw

1st minute and around 3:50 i am not gonna bother timestamping. You got to 4k and 2k es respectively, that's nearly dying in terms of trap damage and the trap setup wasn't even hard. You say, you know what you are doing, but you clearly don't.

Both times it sort of looks like he knows what to expect from the traps and just rushes things to save time.
The 2 ascendancy points per lab run are more valuable than any other quest reward in the storyline. I think its Piety with the next best reward at 2 skill points, or maybe the bandits.

I don't like to, but I suppose I can admit that the lab is the single most important task for a character to do in POE. There may be some merit to discussing the scale of its reward.

OTOH, it's not like the game is very hard anymore.
How many times do i have to repeat myself? THERE IS NO DIFFICULTY ISSUE

1) Gating is an dick move, especially when its not about items (combine with 2 to understand better)
2) Labyrinth is a new game inside PoE, totally different and alienating
3) Labyrinth is neither just nor fair, traps SHIT on character choices in an ARPG (IN AN FUCKING ARPG FOR FUCK SAKE, let this sink), my 50points on HP and armour dont matter, your 50points on damage and movement speed do.
4) Recycling 80' arcade and 90' action-adventure gameplay and passing it as new and people fall for it.
5) Absolutely no skill involved, all you need is patience (or quicksilver flasks)
6) Content that is dividing the community and brings more harm than good
7) Taking into account the horrible performance of PoE, labyrinth implementation is an elaborate joke from G

And what are the counter-arguments? i)optional ii)get better iii)its only 3 times per character.

i) PoE's main attribute and selling point is the skill tree and the character customization it offers. Gating that behind a experimental content is like commiting suicide. Character creation and optimization is way too personal and important in an ARPG to be labeled as optional

ii) This is our free time, we want to escape the fucking real life, and have fun. This gating has taken that. This expansion has nothing to offer for those who are not into arcade games. Why should anyone try to get better for something that he obviously does not enjoy? Its a fucking hobby not our job, it should be fun and engaging not frustrating and boring.

iii) Three times of pure boredom and frustration. Three times playing an indiana jones clone in an ARPG. We dont even want to do it once, hell we dont even want to do the trials, we dont want to play something that we do NOT enjoy, how can we put ourselves to repeat even once? (also see ii)

Its obvious that the expansion's content is very dividing. But the fact that people are trying so hard to defend the labyrinth, says a lot on its own (at least to reasonable people). Having jesters do the defending is even worse.

P.S. : bringing evidence that condradicts one's own previous claims, thats a new level of stupidity right there, well done.
Inundated with cockroaches, I am

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1609216 - labyrinth rework ideas/suggestions
"
Regulator wrote:
Its obvious that the expansion's content is very dividing. But the fact that people are trying so hard to defend the labyrinth, says a lot on its own (at least to reasonable people). Having jesters do the defending is even worse.

Its obvious that the expansion's content is very dividing. But the fact that people are trying so hard to attack the labyrinth, says a lot on its own (at least to reasonable people). Having jesters do the attacking is even worse.
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info