SET FREE THE ASCENDANCY POINTS (or rework the lab) [New ascension methods/lab rework ideas]

It would just be sad if PoE just freely gives away such powercreep, it has gone quite far from what it originally was ( design was, the brutal wraeclast ) already, I started PoE for that aspect and I liked it, and I still like it.
But if it keeps going powercreep + assisted game elements everywhere, I will probably get bored.

As long as the lab is a threat, and can just kill you if you are not paying attention, I don't mind having it changed with more puzzles or stuff like this.
I would rather have GGG focusing on something else though, there are muuuuuuch more urgent matter to solve in PoE atm than listening to lab haters.

You know the meaning of "signature" right ?
If you are quoting somebody else without mention well ...
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Last edited by Fruz on Jul 14, 2016, 2:08:29 AM
"
ShaUrley wrote:

I'm not doing GGG any good clogging up their game servers or continuing to waste my breath posting negative feedback on their forums

do you play groups? do you have ingame friends? do you trade? if so - then you are a 'protein trade bot' for other players. it is cheaper to have you here than to code a meaningful AI (including social interaction, trading etc)

this is what makes F2P good - they substitute development costs (that can be SUBSTANTIAL) with masses of humans. both sides are happy - humans get a free game and at the same time do unpaid job that bots/AI normally do for the benefit of other players. there are very few F2P SINGLE-player games for a reason. users are 'the content' at the same time.

so if that makes you happy - continue to think that you are leeching from GGG. but in fact you are giving them a good, unpaid service

same applies to your posting - most posts end up unread (skipped, skimmed, glanced over, easily forgotten) but they create a buzz, a critical mass of activity

if you want to know how bad a forum looks like without said bzz - go check pvp forum
"
sidtherat wrote:
same applies to your posting - most posts end up unread (skipped, skimmed, glanced over, easily forgotten) but they create a buzz, a critical mass of activity

Well, this could be a first: appreciation from a lab-supporter (I think) for all of the buzz created by a critical mass of anti-lab bitching. ;)

Not that it's relevant, but I actually prefer to play solo/self-found/HC and don't trade at all (though I did trade a couple of fusings one time for a couple of alchs with someone in town who needed the fusings). It was a bit sad, though, to use the one exalt I've found in PHC on a Maraketh bow and get +10% light radius/+35 accuracy...
Proud member of the Vocal Minority
agree 100%

i dont know if anyone mention this yet but some builds are vaal SKILL builds..how you get charges for boss when it delete charges?

some build are power charge builds which comprise 75% of dps not coc just straight up duration boosted... how get chrage one on one with ezrio?

then you have fact some builds just own lab and others dont. mainly ES/GRs are complete shit while 1000 lps builds can close eyes in lab

LAB destroys diversity which ascendancy did so well to give
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Jul 14, 2016, 2:45:46 AM
"
Fruz wrote:
"
Pyrokar wrote:
You misunderstood. What i am saying is: Why is it bad design to give asc points for something trivial? We already get skill points for doing trivial things like pushing a button or releasing a ghost. So it's bad design because you say so? Well then whole game is badly designed.

And yes the lab is trivial too. The only challenge is in trying to keep your vomit inside.

Stop with the BS a second, none of the people bitching about lab find it trivial, otherwise they would not come and waste time bitching about it here.
And yeah, you can pretend that you find it trivial, it's just absolutely not credible.

You really don't know what you are talking about. You are a fool if you really think that you know better than me why I don't like the Labyrinth. Sorry I really don't think that you're a fool. It is far more likely in my mind that you are just trolling if you stick to this fantasy that you know better than me why I don't like the Labyrinth. Labyrinth is not hard. Izaro is hard if you're not way over leveled but Izaro is fun and not the problem. The problem is that the rest of the labyrinth is horribly boring tedious and not fun. The gameplay is horrible crap.

BTW, you're here bitching. Do I get to declare what is really motivating your bitching? No, because I'm neither a fool nor a troll.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
haha yeah he's trolling I kill izaro in 2 seconds but damn sure i dont go in there but to ascend. 4x max and its dreadful.

id literally never step foot in there if not for ascend and most my build can do uber atziri ...not hard at all just tedium
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Jul 14, 2016, 3:06:38 AM
"
Aim_Deep wrote:

i dont know if anyone mention this yet but some builds are vaal SKILL builds..how you get charges for boss when it delete charges?

some build are power charge builds which comprise 75% of dps not coc just straight up duration boosted... how get chrage one on one with ezrio?

then you have fact some builds just own lab and others dont. mainly ES/GRs are complete shit while 1000 lps builds can close eyes in lab

LAB destroys diversity which ascendancy did so well to give

That's more of a valid concern, regarding Izaro.
Now, even vaal builds have some skills to fill the gem at least once. Does GGG wants vaal skill to be main skills for some builds ? maybe, maybe not.

"
Turtledove wrote:

You really don't know what you are talking about. You are a fool if you really think that you know better than me why I don't like the Labyrinth

You did not understand my point I guess.
I just called the bitching hypocrisy ( at least the one including the "It's so easy I'm so gud at it but it sucks" ), basically.
Or lies.
w/e
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
haha yeah he's trolling I kill izaro in 2 seconds but damn sure i dont go in there but to ascend. 4x max and its dreadful.

Not about Izaro
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Last edited by Fruz on Jul 14, 2016, 3:05:07 AM
double
Last edited by Fruz on Jul 14, 2016, 3:04:36 AM
"
Fruz wrote:

You did not understand my point I guess.
I just called the bitching hypocrisy ( at least the one including the "It's so easy I'm so gud at it but it sucks" ), basically.
Or lies.
w/e

You dare question my Pro Mario Player skills?
Spoiler

And you know what the funny part is? I didn't do all these trials to unlock the uber lab since my char doesn't gain anything from last 2 points, but because i wanted to kill the blue monster packs inbetween traps since i was running 77+ maps. That's how trivial they are to me.

No lies. Now stop attacking my credibility with personal attacks since i am a Pro Mario Player and i will crush your puny attempts each and every time.
I'm a forum warrior, i was born to post, raised to defend my league. Now my post has been removed, chained and exiled by mods who Ban. Ban is my brother; i do not fear it. I see it in the eyes of men and beasts that i troll. It will take me to play the actual game when i am ready and i am not ready.
Last edited by Pyrokar on Jul 14, 2016, 3:21:44 AM
"
Pyrokar wrote:

You dare question my Pro Mario Player skills?

As you might have read like ... right before, no : I don't care about Mario.
And I got my confirmation from earlier then, you're just trolling.

I got some too, and I'm not good in those new trials.
It's more pressure in HC though I guess.
Last edited by Fruz on Jul 14, 2016, 3:20:48 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info